Banila Co Clean it Zero

Banila Co Clean it Zero
Clean it Zero

4.1

Mineral oil, cetyl ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 glyceryl triisostearate, PEG-10 isostearate, polyethylene, butylene glycol, water, rubus suavissimus (raspberry) leaf extract, bambusa arundinacea stem extract, aspalathus linearis leaf extract, viscum album (mistletoe) leaf extract, angelica polymorpha sinesis root extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, malpighia glabra (acerola) fruit extract, epilobium angustifolium leaf extract, BHT, butylparaben, Cl 16255, Cl 15985, fragrance

on 11/22/2018 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros
-Great balm texture, doesn't drip everywhere
-Makes subsequent cleansing gentler because of the slight residue it leaves behind
-Removes makeup and sunscreen
-Non-irritating. Fragrance didn't irritate my skin.
-Didn't mind the jar packaging because how else are you going to package a balm, and also because there's a spatula so I don't need to dip my fingers inside. It's a wash-off product so no big deal. Bar soap is hygienic, so why can't this balm be in a jar?
-Not too expensive but more expensive than drugstore prices (pros or cons depends on you)

Cons
-Doesn't remove blackheads though. Not sure if other cleansing oil/balm will though since I've only tried this.
-I just found out from a blog that microplastics like polyethylene are bad for the environment. Apparently, it's a common ingredient in cleansing balms.
-Cheaper alternatives: MCT oil, cleansing oil, etc.

Because of the cons, I'm not going to repurchase. I'm going to try the Matsuyama moisturizing cleanser (oil) next, or maybe the Bioderm atoderm shower oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It removes everything. It melts my makeup and my skin and eyelashes get very clean after.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEE this stuff!! it's the only thing that melts off all my makeup super easily, and i love how it's basically a double cleanse in one. you massage the balm into your skin until it becomes an oil cleanser, and then once you add water it foams up nicely to thoroughly cleanse your skin. the only downfall is the packaging- it can get super messy and gross since you are digging a spatula in every time, but if you're careful its fine. only cleanser i regularly use !! would never swap it for anything !

on 3/11/2018 1:46:00 AM

First off, this does what it's supposed to. It removes makeup without too much work and effortlessly melts away makeup which is a huge plus. I think many people massage this onto their face in order to remove makeup, but gently applying this to the face is sufficient in melting the makeup-- the key is to apply and wait a minute as the formula does the removal of the makeup for you (it goes from creamy to water on the face) so that we don't have to rub or scrub our skin which can be damaging. This had a cult following for the past year+ but holy cow, did anyone read the ingredient on this thing?

I wish I researched a bit did before purchasing-- I bought into marketing and made the mistake of purchasing this item and it now just sits on my makeup cabinet just collecting dust-- it's chock full of mineral oils, PEGs, BHT and parabens which not only causes irritation but is extremely toxic for our bodies and the environment. This is not okay with me because in 2018 with our amazing science breakthroughs and technology, we should have products that perform well without destroying our health or the environment. The product is has a nauseatingly strong scent, so this product is definitely not for people who are sensitive to fragrances.

Toxic ingredients aside, I did not particularly enjoy using this product because of the very nauseatingly sweet fragrance, how the product made my vision blurry for minutes after using a small amount just enough to remove eye makeup and also because it left a grimy film on my face after. I had to really work to get this product off fully and that effort and irritation on my skin as a result, was not worth it for me. The only thing I did like about this product was the cute and sturdy packaging and the spatula it came with a space for it inside the lid (if only all cosmetic companies started doing this!).

There are products that work just as well or better than this product for even less price WITHOUT all the toxic chemicals and irritants that are in this balm. I still prefer my DHC cleansing oil and The Face Shop's Rice Water Cleansing Oil for face makeup remover (I use separate remover for eyes). I do not recommend this balm and will not repurchase.

Ingredient list:

on 3/9/2018 10:43:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! It seems deceptively waxy, like coconut oil, but immediately melts into a watery oil that spreads all over. The first time i used way too much, it's more like la mer cream where a just little dab will do. Add water and the oil is GONE. This has replaced my HG Clinique take the day off, because it completely removes any makeup without drying out my skin or leaving an oily residue. With take the day off I would get insane milia unless I scrubbed my face thoroughly afterwards with face wash. Zero eliminates that extra step, and the balm consistency makes it easy to pick in my bag. My face is so clean!! Banila puts a scratch-off authenitcation code (like a gift card) so i can make sure im getting the real deal, not a fake, which is awesome because my friend got duped and ended up with massive breakouts =O

on 3/9/2018 10:23:00 AM

I bought a variety pack of the clean it zero line and I definitely prefer the originally one the best. Although its initially a thick cream, it spreads out into a thin oil once you apply it to the face. Because of that, you don't need as much as you would expect. And it does a really really good job of getting rid of my makeup. My skin feels so makeup free after I use it. I also have no problem with the scent, in comparison with the other types in their line. I find it to be one of the more pleasant ones. Although this product is great, I'm not sure if I would buy it again. It's on the pricey side and I personally prefer the convenience of cleaning oil for there thinner consistency better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this on whim from iHerb (where its AUD$21) and use this as a part of a double cleanse routine. Love that the packet is sealed and comes with a little lid and spatula to keep it clean. It's firm in the container but scrapes out easily and almost instantly melts into a light oil consistency when massaged into the face. I love that it's less messy to use than an oil cleanser. It turns into a milky fluid on contact with water and washes off super easily without leaving a residue which is an absolute must for me. I don't bother with a cloth - it comes off with just plain water.

It's got a slightly synthetic fruity scent but it's ignorable and doesn't linger once this is washed off.

It doesn't have the luxurious scent of some of the higher end cleansing balms but it works better (those tend to leave a bit of a greasy residue). I've tried plenty of cleansing balms (Eve Lom, Emma Hardie, Clinique, Omorviza) and I must say that I like this consistency better. I've already bought a backup. Well done Banila!

on 1/4/2018 10:31:00 PM

Basically its really good on cleansing especially with heavy make up. It will able to clean your eye's make up too. But do becareful when u use that to clean ur eyeshadow as it did happen to me that those cleanser goes into my eyes and cause me blur vision when i open my eyes thank god it was ok after a while.
After all, this is a good product and i will purchase this and recommend you to try.

on 11/14/2017 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This review is for the ZERO RESVERETROL.

It's one of my favorite balm-type cleansers because, well.... it contains resveratrol (don't know percentage tho) and it's so smooth and silky while cleansing. I usually use some type of makeup remover tissue first, then apply this to my face and massage it in. Sometimes I add some Microdermabrasion Crystals to the balm if it's time for a good exfoliation. And what's so nice about this product (as opposed to my Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser, which is fine - I have no problems with it) is that once I massage it into skin, and then I add a tiny bit of water to finish the process, it removes the balm beautifully! There's no oily balm residue left - no oily film on my face. Instead, my face feels completely, 100% clean, soft and moisturized.

I purchased mine in July 2017 for $16.60 - as of today (11/14/2017) on Amazon this 3.3 oz is running $19.80 and it looks like lowest price now on eBay is $14.30 (free shipping).

Amazon's $19.80 is waayyy too pricey for the amount of product, IMO. If and when the price comes down to something more reasonable ($8.00 to $11.00 range), I will definitely repurchase.

on 11/7/2017 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I gave in and bought this cleansing balm when i discovered it available here in Australia from a Korean shop in Chadstone.
After reading many positive reviews, i just had to try it.
It removes makeup easily, and doesn't cloud, sting, or irritate my eyes like the clinique one does, also a lot cheaper.
I love the convenience, and the novelty of using a cleansing balm, however they are not the most economical
way of removing makeup.
I can't say i really notice much fragrance as some others have mentioned,(not on my skin anyway) so i cannot comment on that.
It comes with a scoop ,which is handy, but i don't always use it.

I have since purchased the Heimish all clean balm, as so many people seem to compare,and like it over the Banico.
I find the Heimish is another cleansing balm that leaves my eyes blurry afterwards, and the Heimish does have a distinctive eucalyptus type fragrance. Okay, if you like eucalyptus, however i would prefer no fragrance in my products, so for me
I personally prefer the Banico, and will continue to purchase it.
I am sure i will continue to try others that come along, but so far the Banico is my favourite, and i would purchase again.