Pur Minerals Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mud Mask with Pascalite Clay

Pur Minerals Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mud Mask with Pascalite Clay
Pur Minerals Mudd MasqueDirty Girl Detoxifying Mud Mask with Pascalite Clay

4.4

Aqua, Montmorillonite, Bentonite, Methylpropanediol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Calcium Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Papain, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Oyster Shell Extract, Sea Silt Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Salicylic Acid, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 5/19/2018 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first mask I have ever disliked this way.

However, maybe I have the wrong skin type for it.

I have dry /combo (normal-oily t-zone), sometimes sensitive skin and this mask was soooooo drying.

The tube said to leave it 5-20 mins, I felt like after just a couple of mins I wanted to remove it to be honest. As other reviews have stated it tightens...A LOT, yes I also had the skin /heartbeat pulsating feeling in my face and like it was slowly being inched in, pinched towards the centre - between the brows, nose and mouth, tightening second by second, to the point where I could not really move my face. It felt strangely and uncomfortably tight after just a few minutes for my liking, however I stuck with it and managed about 10 mins before the tight and also stingy feeling was too much and concerned I wanted to wash it off. I used a mask remover sponge to remove with warm water and it did take some rehydrating to get it moving back off the skin.

However I was shocked by how best red my face looked after removing it, I literally had a bright red line all along my jawline and looked as though I was sunburned, this did fade slowly over the next hour or so, but I was so worried at this reaction and my skin felt so dried out + itchy I slathered it in natural face oil and 2x repairative moisturisers to try to calm it down and make it feel supple and hydrated again.

Not in a hurry to use this again tbh. I find other mud musk's do similar but in a less severe way, which work better for me such as glamglow, origins or even queen Helene grapefruit+avocado which don't leave my skin looking raw afterwards. I am more the the treat your skin kindly and it will be good to you club than strip it and beat it into submission kinda group, but with more oily skin this could be more useful ...?!

Doesn't mean it's a terrible product but just did not work for me and my skin personally.

on 1/17/2018 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this due to the good reviews on here

Pros:
Smells great `herbal-spa-esque' is how I would describe it
Great at speeding healing of big red pimples
Works reasonably well
Seems to be non-irritating

Cons:
Skin can feel a bit tight/itchy after using
Skin is red immediately after using (this settles quickly)
Expensive!
Worked just as well/not as well as aztec secret indian healing clay (IMO)

I didn't have any massive issues with this, but i didnt think it was the wonder product which everyone here seems to think it is. Its also very expensive. I was pretty happy with it until I went to my parents and remembered I used to use the aztec secret indian healing clay, which in my opinion is a much more affordable alternative which works just as well if not better - so for this reason I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I wouldn't put a friend off using it either

I have combination-dry skin which is also acne prone (yay) with a tendancy to develop closed and open comedones, for me I use this once a week as an all over or a few times on big red spots when they need to be 'sucked' out (grim sorry)

This is great for big cystic acne i think but not so much for red/whiteheads. Obviously it works better for some people! Still going to put 4 stars as I do quite like it and dont have any major issues with it

on 9/17/2017 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this mask for the first time last night after hearing great things about its deep pore cleansing qualities.
If you're in search of a serious mud mask, this is no joke! It dries extremely tight so just be prepared. My lips looked like duck lips, as the mask dried.
Yes my skin was slightly red after rinsing it off, but I was going to sleep anyway so it's not a concern to me.
I've always been one to say "no pain no gain". This mask is NOT painful, but it definitely does draw out any impurities from my pores!
Absolutely a clay mask like no other!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The worst mask I have ever used and I use a variety of masks on my face every week. The other reviews aren't kidding when they say that this mask dries quickly and tightly on the skin. After removing the mask, my face stayed red and irritated for a few hours. For the rest of the day, my skin had a burning sensation. Not good. This mask did absolutely nothing beneficial for my skin. No improvement in pore size, etc.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample, and I really like it. It has minimized my nose pores and helped the overall complexion. The consistency is a bit drier than other masks so you need to work fast. It dries in about 5 min and afterwards you get to see the oil!!! I would recommend this for combination skin types with no massive dehydration issues. Also, don't leave it way too long. It may cause irritation.

on 9/30/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My mom and I just used this for the first time today. I left it on until it dried and tightened, it gets realllllly tight. I used a washcloth in hot water to re-moisten and gently rub off. I noticed that my nose is less oily and we both had baby smooth skin after. I would like to use a few more times over a couple weeks to see how it works long term, but so far so good.

on 9/6/2015 8:23:00 AM

My skin has large pores on my nose, and across my cheeks and forehead. They get clogged pretty easily and I get minimal blackheads.

After using this mask I STILL had clogged pores and they weren't reduced in size AND it made my entire face red which took 30 minutes to ware away. I don't know if I'm using this wrong but this to me was just a huge miss, did nothing any other clay mask couldn't do.

on 8/15/2015 9:41:00 PM

It was good it cleaned my face really good

Another great skincare product from the Pur line.. A little hard to apply at first. It dries fast. But man this removes almost everything from my pores.. It can be a little uncomfortable at first. You can feel your skin pulse as it tightens. And man, does it tighten! So a little goes a long way. But my skin has never felt better. I use it twice a week. I can see a big improvement after only two weeks.

on 4/5/2015 8:51:00 PM

You got stubborn black heads and big pores? This stuff is for you! This stuff sucked up so much oil and cleared my blackheads after about 3 uses.I left this on for about 20-35 mins (sometimes longer if I get distracted..oops!) This was recommended to me by a coworker which I'm so happy she did cause I was about to dish out 65$ to get a facial just to deal with these stubborn blackheads on my nose and chin but this stuff is about 20-25$ (and will last you FOREVER as you only need a little) took care of my issues. I wouldn't put this all over your face as it will dry the heck out of it and cause you more problems, just do your nose, forehead, chin, and cheeks.