Premiere Products, Inc. Blue Marble Selr Sealer Spray

No Image

4.8

Deionized Water, Acrylate Copolymer, SD-40. Silica Dimethyl Silylate.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Now, THIS is a setting spray. It does what it says. I’ve tried this with various foundations and I get the same results. My makeup will not budge with this. No fading whatsoever. It’s actually a bit harder to remove at the end of the day, but it never dries me out or makes my face feel tight. Extremely impressed and will continue to buy! I have no reason to look elsewhere.

I do recommend transferring this into another bottle as the spray sucks. I use an urban decay travel bottle, so I can carry it with me if needed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy moly, this stuff is everything past reviewers have said and more! For the first time my makeup is transfer-proof all day. I always secretly wondered if the UD or Skindinavia settings sprays really did anything; there is absolutely no doubt that this one really works, and at half the price of the other sprays it's a total steal. For reference, I'm in my mid-fifties with sensitive, rosagea-prone dry skin. This does not irritate my skin. I took lippies off because the spray does not produce a fine mist, but droplets. I'm going to put it in an old UD setting spray bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm at a loss for words on how to describe this setting spray. Another reviewer said it best: it blows all the others out of the water. I gushed about the wet n wild one. But this. I have had and used mine for over a month to get the full feel for it. It's flawless. My makeup is flawless. My pores are so tiny. Oil slicks have dissolved. I literally don't use my rice paper blotting papers anymore. My face is no longer oily. I don't have to touch my face till its time to remove my makeup, and it's funny because before this spray I couldn't wait to wash my makeup off. Now I hate washing a perfectly set face! I feel like my makeup is more natural looking yet more vibrant if that makes any sense! I apply my makeup like normal, then I use about 3 sprays. One spray on each side and one down the middle. I bought the one ounce bottle that lasted me about a month ( I probably use a lot) but I reordered and got the 4 ounce size (better deal). I haven't tried the green marble version yet but I heard that its alcohol based. But this one is pure perfection. I will ALWAYS repurchase!!!

on 2/5/2017 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am greasy. Really greasy, shiny, oily. Ugh. I've tried everything: Ben Nye, UD, NYX, DIY. Nothing works as well as Blue Marble. I spray once on clean skin, apply make up, then spray once more to seal it in.

I need only one touch up during the day and I'm still not even 1/4 way through the 8oz bottle I purchased 4 months ago.

As others have mentioned, pour the product into another bottle because the mister on the blue marble bottle is not good.

Remember to shake really well before using.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is the business! UD All-Nighter was a huge disappointment, and Ben Nye final seal sprayed unevenly, was overly minty, and would burn sometimes. Blue Marble sprays in a super fine mist, locks down whatever you spray it on, and should last forever since you only use a little. I will never mess around with popular setting sprays, I will always go to professional products, since when I wear makeup, I don't want it to move or fade at all.
Look up some videos, it's so worth the price, I will always have this stuff in my arsenal!

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews about this product. This blows every other setting spray out of the water! I've been using these for several months now and this is definitely HG! UD All nighter tends to make me look oxidized and shiny, but this dries matte.

The spray is horrible though; I used to end up with blotches (they did dry clear after a minute, but still) all over the face until I transferred it to my empty UD bottle. Anyhow, I'm just popping in to write this review because I just discovered that it can turn any lipstick transfer-resistant, and I just had to share. Apply your lipstick from the bullet as usual, spray some Blue marble on the back of your hand and lightly pat all over the lips -- at least, that's what I did today because I wanted to apply it to only side for comparison. When I press my lips against a tissue, there's only half a kissmark! Tomorrow though, I'm just going to spray directly over the mouth area.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In my opinion, this is the best, by leaps and bounds of makeup setting sprays! I have used UD All Nighter and various renditions of Skindinavia setting sprays, which are nice and pretty good as far as setting and holding makeup, and both are great as far as taking away a powdery face look. However, the Blue Marble Selr knocks these out of the ballpark. Very lightweight, the spray is very nicely misted on, and trust me, your makeup will NOT BUDGE, until you remove it. I had made a blush "mistake" that I didn't notice until I got into my car (rear-view mirrors are quite honest), and as I'd applied the Blue Marble, I could not rub, wipe, move or coax the blush at all! Extremely effective, just be sure you're satisfied with the makeup application you did before applying this miraculous product!!

on 2/7/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Loving this so far! Needed to replace my now re-discontinued VS make it last spray. Gotta say I prefer blue marble. Makeup stays all day long (a miracle) and shine is greatly reduced.

I spray my face and blend it with my primer, then (once everything's dried) i spritz my concealer brush before applying it for extra staying power.

Very happy, just wish it was available locally.

on 12/28/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! With just a couple of spritzes your makeup stays put all day and it keeps shine at bay. I don't even need to powder or touch up ALL day which is unheard of for me. I usually have to powder to reduce shine and/or reapply some makeup to last the day. With this, I get a soft matte finish that lasts until I wash it off at bed time.

I first hear about the sister product to this, the PPI Green Marble Selr spray in makeup school. One of my instructors who worked in the film industry said it was *THE* best setting spray that was used in the business and it was great for setting makeup and preventing cream makeup from rubbing off onto clothes, particularly for stage and TV/news casters where they were under hot lights. I stumbled across it again recently online and discovered their Blue Marble Selr which is an alcohol free gentler version of the Green Marble Selr. While Green Marble is alcohol based and most beneficial for Special Fx and layering of makeup effects, Blue Marble is water based and great for every day.

What the website says: " BLUE MARBLE SeLr SPRAY is a water based alternative to the tougher Green Marble SeLr Spray and is an excellent sealer for those with more sensitive skin or those who have negative reactions to alcohol based products. BLUE MARBLE SeLr SPRAY seals anything from street makeup to heavier RMG [rubber mask grease] theatrical makeups. Waterproof, this sealer is gentle enough for everyday use and strong enough for special effects short of underwater work. Light in feel but strong and tough, this sealer should be in everyone's kit. "

I've been using this for several days straight as I make my way through a weeks worth of long work days (split shifts) and several Christmas dinners/parties, and this stuff does not disappoint! I look virtually the same at the end of the day as I did when I first applied. The only thing I bring in my purse is lipbalm and lipstick because that's all I need to touch up.
Unlike some alcohol based sprays (Ben Nye Final Seal - which is great but can clog and spray droplets and little alcohol 'jet streams' which isn't pleasant in the eye!), this water based sealer easily sprays a fine mist. Smells a little funky for a minute but it disappears very quickly and when it dries, it's a very natural matte finish that lasts all day, doesn't feel drying in the least and feels like nothing on. It's fast becoming a regular part of my morning routine, and it doesn't break the bank.

I want to know if I can buy shares... Probably one of the greatest little discoveries I made in 2014. :)

Edit to add more interesting info from their website:

PPI Premiere Products Inc. is an FDA licensed, cruelty-free and vegan approved cosmetic manufacturer. All products are made in the USA and are cruelty-free.

Since 1978, Premiere Products, Inc. has developed and marketed advanced products for the health care, hair replacement, medical, make-up and special effects industries. As chemists with world class research experience and resources, PPI knows ingredient safety and efficacy. PPI is licensed by the FDA to manufacture over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and follows all industry and governmental guidelines for responsible manufacturing, thus ensuring the highest quality and safety.
Premiere Products, Inc is licensed by the FDA and is a proud member of the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC), The American Chemical Society, The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors, The American Anaplastology Association and the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) which is dedicated to the advancement of cosmetic science.

Our mission is to create and market the highest quality products available, ensuring the confidence of the numerous doctors, patients, clients and artists who rely on them. We are confident that once you try our products, you will agree that we have taken safety and effectiveness to a higher standard.