no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I love the way this feels and smells. It keeps my face from getting shiny/greasy, and it doesn't make my sensitive skin itch or feel tight. In fact, I don't feel it at all--and when I don't have the uncontrollable urge to touch or scratch my face, I don't get breakouts. It's a higher price than I'm used to spending, so I wasted some time after my first bottle of this trying to find something cheaper. Yet what I was "saving" on cheaper moisturizers ended up being spent on acne products. I've come to the conclusion that the price is worth it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I'm editing this review. Product was better than others; however, it does have ingredients I'm not fond of. Moreover, I found a pure and natural organic moisture cream that has cruelty free ingredients that I love. I no longer use this moisturizer. Plus I believe it may have irritated my forehead. Glad I found something else.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

11 years ago

I can theoretically see this product working for someone, but it wasn't great for me. Despite my very oily skin, my face felt tight in an uncomfortable way after using this (not it a sexy, toned way). It didn't break me out, smelled nice, and felt nice to apply, but had no positive impact on my skin. I think applying pure aloe would have a similar affect for me (my skin feels really tight whenever I use even the smallest amount) and be a lot cheaper, even for a really pure and organic brand like Aloe Life.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

This serum is incredible! It's so lightweight that I sometimes wear another moisturizer on top of it, which means it's perfect for wearing alone during the summer. I have sensitive skin and break out easily, and this has never broken me out or irritated my skin. Best of all, it's erased the small lines around my mouth and eyes! Not even the super expensive products I've tried from Lancome, Shiseido, Bliss, or a million other fancy brands have succeeded at doing that! However, I have to note that it does nothing to control shine, like it claims. But it's so great for my skin that I don't care.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I am so glad I tried this before I read the reviews on here, or I never would have tried it because of the bad reviews. I love this moisturizer. A couple of years ago I got a book on skincare that said you should only use a gel for moisturizing your skin if you're acne prone. At the time I wasn't using anything because everything clogged my pores and broke my sensitive, combination skin out. This is the *only* moisturizer that doesn't break me out. It does tighten your skin, but it tells you right on the box that it "tightens and firms skin" - it's supposed to do that! I love that it does that. I put it on at night and in the morning my skin is nice and soft and smooth. I recently tried ProActiv and it dried my skin out so much it literally looked like leather. After using this moisturizing gel for two nights my skin was soft again. Great product - I hope they never discontinue it. In the winter I use it with the Sea Tonic Toner.

About reviewer (200 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

1.0

13 years ago

I wanted to like to like this stuff, I love most all Zia products but this stuff made my face extremely tight and feeling very dry. Would recommend for someone with very oily skin.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

14 years ago

This is the best moisturizer I've ever used. So far anyway. This does not make me break out nor does it clog my pores. My skin does not feel tight after applying this and it moisturizes well. The price is a bit much but it could be more so it's not too bad. Will keep buying as long as my skin keeps getting along with it. EDIT 6/24/07 Still in love with this moisturizer. I've found that this is great for calming my sensitive skin down and also healing hormonal blemishes. Since pretty much everything clogs my pores and/or breaks my skin out I am happy that this product does not. I find that if I mix the gel with a couple spritzes of zia's Sea Tonic Aloe Toner,or their Sea Tonic Rosewater and Aloe Toner, then it spreads out thinner and more evenly over my face. Also by adding the toner the gel doesn't give that slight tight feel when used alone. I've yet to find another brand that makes a moisturizing gel that my skin reacts well to. I hope that zia never discontinues this product. It's perfect. : )

About reviewer (647 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

My skin is oily and acne prone and I'm on a retin-a, which makes it dry on top of that. This product is great in the summer, but not for the winter-- it doesn't do anything for my winter-flaky skin. When my skin is not already peeling off, this is a fine product-- I use it with the sea tonic toner and it sinks right in. It keeps my skin moisturized without adding oil or shine and provides a good base for suncreen or makeup.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

1.0

14 years ago

This gel didn't moisturize my face at all- it left it feeling tight and sticky. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

About reviewer (207 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

15 years ago

This product made my face glow, but feel very, very, very tight! It's more like a firming serum, and I didn't feel like there was enough moisture.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinOther, Other