L'Oreal Paris Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 16HR Powder

L'Oreal Paris Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 16HR Powder
Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 16HR Powder

3.8

Talc, Perlite, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate +/- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I picked this up in the shade 700 classic tan for the purpose of bronzing my skin (NC30-35). I have oily skin and the "oil-free, matte finish, 16 hr" claim sold me.
I tend to pick up pressed finishing/setting powders in a darker shade to use as bronzers because I find that they blend out better, look less chalky, have more pigmentation and more flattering undertones overall compared to actual bronzers.
*Note that I personally do not contour so I don't look for cool undertones, I always just do a light hand of bronzer all over my face*
I have no complaints regarding 700 classic tan, it's a great shade for my skin and it sets well atop all of my foundations. The colour lasts till the end of my day, does not break me out and never looks streaky. I do wish the packaging was less clunky, I never understood the purpose of providing useless dense sponges that no one I know makes use of.
Will repurchase.

on 2/6/2019 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 16 Hour Powder for several years. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to face powders, because even though it would seem they are all pretty much the same, they just are not. I chose L'Oreal based on glowing reviews, and stuck with the product because it was great at absorbing oil and has a good color range to fit my complexion.

My makeup routine is extremely simple--I wear physical sunscreen followed by some Paula's Choice Shine Stopper on my forehead, a dab of concealer on the under eye area, then add powder and blush. I use two tones of this powder--one that is lighter than my skin tone for setting the concealer and to highlight the eye area, and one that is the correct shade for the rest of my face. The tone does make a difference--too light or too dark tones show up as looking wrong, because the sponge applicator deposits quite a bit of powder on the skin. In that sense, it is almost like a powder foundation, unless a very light hand is used. It is great for my minimalist routine because I can dab the powder onto my face without disrupting my carefully applied sunscreen layer. The powder sticks quite well to the sunscreen, and stays put all day.

The sponge applicator is a nice touch--it is soft and gentle to skin, but it does get grungy and can start falling apart before the product is used up. I purchased a bunch of replacement pads from eBay and pull out a fresh one as needed. The packaging is a bit cheesy--it can break easily if dropped, and is on the ugly side as compared to some of L'Oreal's other products. Only recently, I have strayed to Revlon Color Stay, which I find to have a finer texture to the L'Oreal. However, the L'Oreal is a better color match for me, and tends to looks less powdery on the face. I'll definitely repurchase and keep some of this L'Oreal on hand, but I'm not sure yet if the Revlon will win me over.

on 2/17/2018 8:41:00 AM

I love this!! It's extremely long wearing and it doesn't look cakey on me. I always use this with the infallable pro matte foundation and it works like magjc. I can even wear this on a hot summer day and it will definitely stay. The only downside for me is the shade. I'm like fair white (asian-korean skin) and the shade 100 is a bit dark for me.

on 12/21/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have this in shade 300. It feels more like a powder foundation than a powder. I wear shade 103 - Infallible Pro Matte foundation. I have super oily skin. It does an ok job of keeping me matte but I still get shiny and have to touch up. Ladies with true oily skin...story of our lives, right?! It is cakey even with a just a light dusting. On the fence with this....I don't think I will repurchase.

This product works fairly well for my shiny/oily skin (particularly on my chin). I do need to re-apply a few times throughout the day to maintain a matte look, but it's the best I've found so far. I've tried numerous other products. I'll still keep looking for something better, ideally that I don't need to reapply quite as much, but this is my go-to right now.

on 7/16/2017 3:11:00 PM

I'm someone who likes to try new things, but I always go back to this foundation. I absolutely adore it. My skin is very fair, sensitive, prone to breakouts, and it's dehydrated (talk about complicated lol). This foundation makes my skin look porcelain. I wear it by itself or as a setting powder on occasions where I want a more dramatic heavy coverage look.

on 5/31/2017 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this and the foundation!! I have n/o skin but more oily in the Summer and Georgia heat. It is great coverage if I wet it and use it like a foundation. Not sure about 16 hr but def 10.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The first time I tried this powder i was definitely less than impressed. I used it over a slightly too dark bb cream to lighten it (Body Shop) and to my shock and horror the powder oxidized on me! Turns out that was the only foundation/base that would happen with so otherwise I've been really happy. I use the shade 100 to set highlighted areas of my face and it just gives me (esp. my undereyes) such an airbrushed flawless look.

I'm even carrying it in my bag to work now to do touch-ups during the day!

on 5/25/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very very oily skin and I have difficulty finding the best powder to combat this problem. I was very excited to try this. When I first applied it I was very impressed how smooth my skin looked and a very good match to my skintone. For reference I use NC30,NC35 from MAC and my shade match in this pwder is Nude Beige. However, after an hour I look oily already so it's quite sad. I was expecting this to be the perfect powder for me but it's still not. But I still love the finish of this powder and how it sits on my skin. I look smooth and matte. I just do touch ups like I usually do. Lol. Oily skinned girls understand.

Overall, I still love this powder and it's really great for girls who have oily to super oily skin. I still do feel that we are very unlucky. lol Oily skin really sucks. Give this powder a try. It's worth it. ;)

on 5/13/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

A wonderfully matte powder that I wanted to love. Unfortunately, about 30 minutes after applying it, I noticed my face started to feel itchy. Looked in the mirror and noticed a red raised rash forming on my face. I washed this off and took 2 benadryl to halt the allergic reaction. I don't have sensitive skin and I've never had reaction like this to any makeup I've tried. Might be a good idea to use this in a small area just to check for an allergy.