L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Even though I'm not a fan of medium coverage foundations, this foundation has a beautiful finish & stayed fairly matte throughout the day. but I wish the darker shades had more undertones than just red. I uploaded a video comparing the pro matte foundation to the Total Cover foundation and I was very pleased with the results. Full review is on my YouTube: Mary LeMuse

on 6/27/2017 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For drugstore this is actually a decent foundation for oily skin. I love the squeeze bottle. My pros for this product:
1. Super matte finish for those who love that
2. Blends fairly well
3. Easy availability, you shouldn't have to search hi and lo to find this foundation
4. Affordable compared to department store/luxury brands

Cons
1. Limited color selection, I have to blend 2 shades to get my match
2. This settles in pores like nobody's business. And upon applying the second layer, it creases around my smile lines. I've never had a foundation do that.
3. It transfers quite a bit, even tho it claims to be 24 hour wear and with a setting spray.
4. Not full coverage, I'd say its medium coverage but buildable.
5. Has a strange, chalky look to it as you apply it, almost reminds me of milk of magnesia type texture.

Its an okay foundation but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but I won't repurchase.

on 1/25/2017 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Le sigh. I used this in Cocoa ALL summer last summer and was in love with the color and the way it left my skin matte and gorgeous all day in Houston humidity hell. I was SO excited. But somewhere along the way, my face revolted! The color is now Crayon orange on me and it doesn't stay matte at all. I'm not sure if they changed the formula or what. At one time it outperformed my high end faves but now it is useless to me. It looks epecially awful (dull, flat and again orange) on dark skinned ladies like myself, at night and in flash photography, smh. Mixing it with a lighter color does not help. The color range is TRASH. C'mon L'oreal :-(

EDIT: A year later, I bought a new tube, the formula was better, and I have been wearing it as a light base here and there (daytime only), although I have to go over spots and discoloration with heavier coverage formula. If I go light-handed I don't get the orangina issue. I also often mix this with Pro-Glow, which makes for an awesome combo. So, this formula is still temperamental but can work with some modifications.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had this foundation for awhile but it didn't become a perfect color match till recently so I decided to pull it out once again. I must say that while it was a perfect match #111 soft sable to my nc45 skintype the wear time was horrible. 24 hours it is not. After 6 hours my face looked like a dang grease ball and the creasing was unreal. I can handle a lil creasing MAYBE on the forehead but not the forehead, smile lines, above the lip and along the nose. That is too much and very aging. I'm hoping that maybe the new skincare I'm trying out is the culprit so I will continue to play around with it because I really do like the fact that once it set it became a perfect match color wise and there is zero fragrance or odd scent to this foundation. Fingers crossed.

Update: 12/28/2016
It was definitely a skincare issue because today the foundation performed 100% better. It definitely look my skin but better....as corny as that sounds. No crazy creasing and my pores...what enlarged pores?! And no oxidization whatsoever. My skin doesn't looking oily but it doesn't look matte....semi-matte it is best described. I set it with my NARS Crystal Transluscent Pressed Powder and skipped highlighting with my Guerlain Meterorites. Not bad for a drugstore foundation.

on 7/26/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I picked up this foundation a few months ago and I think that it is a good foundation. My skin is dry, but in the summer the humidity makes me sweat profusely. This foundation last really good under these circumstances. It does not melt off the skin and applies smoothly and easily.

I can easily get a full days wear about 8 hrs out of this foundation. I will say the major con is the shade selection. There are not enough shades for women of color and the color I have C8 Cocoa and it is not cool. It is very warm, almost orangest. I can tone it down by adding concealer but I think that L'oreal should work on the color selection. With that being said, since its affordable and I like the finish so I make it work and would purchase again.

on 1/14/2016 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If you have oily skin this foundation is for you! It's medium to heavy coverage but you must work quickly because it sets immediately.

I usually wear moisturizer with spf, then whatever primer I grab, then I apply this foundation dotting it around the key areas of my face. I use a foundation brush to spread the product evenly and rarely do I use a a damp makeup blender to make sure it's a seamless coverage.

My makeup routine is about 5-10min depending on my eye makeup thanks to this foundation. I also like Estée Lauder doublewear and MUFE HD but this one is my all time favorite. I stay matte all day and do not need to touch up, even in hot weather - I accidentally wore it to my hot yoga class once and came out dripping wet but my foundation was still flawless!

I DO NOT recommended this for people with dry and or scaly skin, unless you've exfoliated and are scale free (it will magnify dry spots) so make sure you exfoliate the dead skin patches and be sure to use rich moisturizer under a silicone based primer. For all other skin types it is a dream!

The price is expensive for a drugstore but the product is high end. The packaging is not bulky and is in a cheap looking plastic tube so I deducted stars for that.

If you are in between shades but one shade darker and one lighter and just mix then on the back of your hand - that way you'll always have the right match no matter the season.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

BABY LET ME TELL YOU!..THIS IS HEAVEN IN A TUBE I PROMISE YOU, IF YOU HAVE ACNE-PRONE , OILY, SKIN THIS IS THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. works like a charm! hides bumps very well and most importantly doesn't break me out and lookes very matte!

on 11/16/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! This is a great drug store foundation! I can't attest to the 24hr claim, but this foundation definately does last a good 8+ hours which is all that I need. Goes on matte, but not mask-like, easy to blend and feels good on the skin. Score! My only complaint is the shocking lack of shades for women of color! C'mon L'Oreal! It's 2015 not 1987! 11 shades and only two are WOC friendly. Add more shades and this would be the perfect foundation!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this foundation!! As far as foundations I am not one who collects different brands to try them out. I tend to stick to one. I was using Maybelline BB cream for like a light coverage and a MAC for like a full coverage. I kept seeing this foundation on the TV and in the store so I did research and seen that it is good for oily skin (which I have). Wanted to try it out myself and so far I love it!! I am the darkest shade they offer and it matches w/my skin complexion very well. I find myself not having to blot like I use to. It's a matte foundation, but not to matte, as a matter of fact it's a demi matte so that justifies it. The coverage is really good and over a great product. I do not have the powder to set it because they didn't have my color, but I just use a powder I have already and it works great! If you have a Harmon's store or familiar w/ it use the coupons from bed bath beyond because my foundation ended up only like $9.12!!! Overall great product for oily skin, last the whole time I wear it, and gives a flawless finish!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Okay so , I'm an combination oily girl .. I'm 21 and I'm starting to notice my skin changing . I definitely consider myself oily , but on certain areas of my face I can I can be a little dry. I also LOVE a dewy , natural , skin like finish to my foundations and BB creams , so I was a little skeptical about this foundation being that it's supposed to be MATTE. So I went to pick it up at my Walmart and luckily they had the Cocoa shade! Only $12 which may be pricey for a drugstore foundation , but I later found out it was WELL WORTH IT! I first dot in on my face , (a little goes a long way, & I use minimal product w foundation because I like my skin to be able to show & not look heavy or cakey) then I stippled it in w a damp flat top brush & a damp beauty blender... It looked AMAZING !!!!! It looked like skin ! I was super impressed! & it's the first foundation I've tried that literally lAsts ALLL DAAAYYY (& I didn't even set it), & barely transfers too .(big deal for me) ... It is a DEMI matte finish , but lately I've been mixing a pea size of foundation with a pea size of maybelline bb bronze to give a slight glow and I fell I love EVEN more!! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!