L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.5

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

FANTASTIC FORMULA
Packaging not big on the tube - sometimes too much squirts out. I bought this for $13.49 at Rite Aid - for the price I would have wanted a glass bottle - this flimsy packaging seems odd considering that this is even more expensive than their regular true match line which offers the standard bottle packaging that I much prefer.

That being said, I am adore the formula. I got 101 which is the lightest with the same pinky/peach cool undertone. Just keep in mind it is cool toned and it seems like this is the only fair option.

My favorite part of the formula is how it sat on my unprimed pores when I first applied it (I was just testing the shade match). To my surprise it concealed them beautifully as if I was wearing a primer - I always need a primer but this sat on top of it beautifully.

Over all I won't rebuy since Pro Glo is the same price and formula but with SPF which is very important to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like the coverage it gives, & it goes on really dry unless you use a damp sponge.

on 8/24/2018 4:51:00 AM

This is a good foundation. I have super oily skin and use this with a primer, apply this foundation, top with a setting powder and then a setting spray. It doesn’t oxidise and stays the right colour but it is quite thick so a little goes a long way. It doesn’t break me out either which is a massive bonus with my blemish prone skin!

on 4/9/2018 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After just one day of using this foundation, I will be returning it back to the store. By the end of the workday, it had started to crease/separate around my chin/mouth area (did use a primer), and the overall look of the foundation on my skin was just that; it looked like a white mask just sitting over my skin, but emphasizing my pores. I'm not sure if part of this is from the horrible shade selections they have for this foundation (i was mixing 101 with 103 to get a decent NC15-20 shade) but when I looked in the mirror, it was like the paler shade started to come out at the end of the day and it looked like I was just wearing a really pale blotchy powder/foundation on my face. Just gross. It is lightweight and controls oil, I will give it that, but that's it.

My HG oily skin foundation is Covergirls Outlast - and I'm wearing it today - and it's a 180 degree comparison to L'Oreal's Pro-Matte on my face compared to yesterday. I though the two might be similar, but on my skin, they are NOT. I do think it has something to do with the Pro-Matte being silica-based, and Outlast is talc based. I think silica just doesn't wear well/look well on my skin/emphasizes pores/creates shine/gathers in lines - or something. Either way - Outlast is so much better than this foundation. Creamier, more coverage, blends out better because consistency is creamy, cheaper, has a pump, better color jumps in shades, and even mixing two shades in Outlast to get my color, looks so much more natural on my skin than Pro-matte did. This was a big miss for me. Will stick to Covergirl's Outlast!

on 1/23/2018 1:43:00 PM

This foundation is my saving grace!!
I struggled for a few years trying to figure out what kind of makeup worked for me. I used to use L'Oreal's True Match foundation, but that stuff was too liquid and oily. THIS foundation, on the other hand, is beyond amazing. My skin tends to be oily, so the fact that it's matte is lifesaving. I can wear it all day and my skin looks great even after 12 hours. It also has GREAT coverage, which means I don't need a whole lot of spot concealer to cover up pimples. And the name doesn't lie: it is so air-light I forget I'm even wearing foundation. I'm not exaggerating!
My skin is combination so it also needs a good deal of moisturizing. If I didn't moisturize before using this foundation, it would probably look pretty awful because it's matte. But after moisturizing, my skin looks and feels very smooth and clean. All I need on top of this is a bit of concealer and some translucent powder, and voila! I've gotten many compliments that my makeup looks very natural since I've started wearing this foundation.

Highly recommended if you have oily skin and hate the feeling of heavy foundation!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Edit 7/14/18 I have had issues with this caking up, even when used sparingly. I found an easy solution to this though thanks to Wayne Goss, which is to mix 2 drops of facial oil into it before applying to my face. Also works for dry skin, which I sometimes have. This is still one of the best foundations I've ever tried. I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do, being that my skin is combo leaning dry, however this is the best drugstore foundation that I've used in years! I do like L'Oréal Visible Lift serum fdn, but it tends to slip off my nose throughout the day and transfers, even with setting powder and spray. Worn with well moisturized skin and my NYX Angel Veil primer, this fdn lasts all day long! Doesn't budge, transfer, crease,crack, or breakdown. Idk if it truly wears for 24 hours, but I can confirm that it lasts for 16. I took a 2 hour nap in this stuff and it still looked perfect, and I'm a stomach sleeper! I like that this doesn't knock you out with an alcohol scent like the infallible pro-glow does. The shade Classic Ivory is a good match for my cool skin, not perfect though. It is just the tiniest bit on the yellow side, but I don't knock points off for that because it helps correct the pinkish tones that I have across my nose and cheeks. Will continue to use this, highly recommend.

on 8/31/2017 6:18:00 PM

I picked this foundation up because I had heard it was a good choice for those with oily skin and was looking to switch from my Revlon Colourstay Creme Makeup.

The packaging is great. I like the squeeze tube. It's a lot more hygienic than tubs or pumpless bottles some foundations have. It would be easy to travel with and breakage wouldn't be an issue.

I found the coverage to be light to medium. I didn't experience any oxidization but I did notice it really didn't stay matte on my skin for very long. I felt pretty greasy after only 2-3 hours and this was with primer, setting powder and setting spray.

I gave it a few more shots but it just didn't stay matte on my skin for more than 2 hours and I've found other foundations that can. For that reason, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/3/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Amazing foundation! I've got the oily skin of your nightmares, so finding a foundation that didn't slide off or sit on top of a layer of oil has been a decade long mission. It lasts for quite a while, is reasonably buildable, doesn't turn chalky, stays put, and stays matte! Towards the end of the day it might get a little dewy, but a lovely dewy not the awful oily kind. If you're a fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear, try this foundation!

on 6/25/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked the way this made my face look; it was smooth didn't cling to my dry patches. It mattified well and had great coverage, it covered up my pimples and spot, with no need for a concealer. It also lasted quite long. The only bad thing is that it has terrible flashback, it made me look like a ghost, so I wouldn't recommend it for flash or any photography.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think this foundation is probably perfect for oiler skins, but if you have any dryness at all it will stick to those patches and not look nearly as good. I wouldn't say the wear is 24 hours even on combo skin, but if you've tried Revlon Colorstay and found it too heavy, then this is a great alternative in terms of long wear. I find that the coverage is pretty solidly medium, and the shade range is okay. A lot of foundations like this oxidize on my skin, but this one did not. I take off one lippie for the way that it does not sit right on drier patches, but overall this is a decent drug store option for an all-day foundation given that you have the right skin type for it. I will not repurchase since L'Oreal is not cruelty free.