L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I tried this Foundation when it first came out. I didn't like the way this foundation made my face look it was too matte and it made my face look chalky. I must say the coverage is good. But I'm just not a fan of matte foundations and also dried my skin out a bit. However it may be a better choice for summer wear for people with combination skin like myself.

on 2/24/2017 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Easy to blend and apply (I apply with beauty blender)
- Doesn't cling to dry patches
- Doesn't settle that much into wrinkles
- Doesn't oxydize
- Good shade range ( I choose natural rose which was a little pink for me, but I guess I could've chosen another shade)
- Good Coverage (Easy to layer to full coverage)
- It controls oils. It doens't control more oils than any other foundation for oily skin out there, but it's good.
- Looks so beautiful after being applied, it isn't a matte finish that it looks like it suck the life out of your skin, it's a matte that I can get it to look kind of natural and most important it looks flawless (Attention: Read cons! It doesn't stay like that for long!)

Cons:
- CAKEY! CAKEY! CAKEY! - I only use this foundation for 5 to 6hours top (it's when I start to get really oily). After that it looks so cakey that I can't bear myself to have that on my face. I have a lot of foundations, it's really hard to find a foundation to look kind of decent when you start to get oily, all foundations have some problem after that period, but this one is one of the worst. Looks like I've a bunch of bad makeup on my face and you can definitely see it from a far. I've tried different primers, powders, touch up, not put anything, nothing works, the foundation is the problem!
- It breaks - I guess this con comes hand to hand with the cakey face. It cakes because the foundation accumulates from one spot to another, leaving you with a uneven face, and the pores look terrible too.

Recommendations: Normal to oily skin. Maybe for people that won't get that oily won't fell the cakey effect this could be a great foundation. But for me, once you start to get oily it's a nightmare from there.

on 11/30/2016 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Infallible is right! It lasts all day long! No need to blot or reapply. It dries quickly so you must apply and work with it fast! Once it sets, it sets! It matches my skin very well and offers great coverage. My new go-to foundation!

on 6/30/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am on my 3rd bottle! I love this foundation. I was stuck on MAC's prolong wear but this is definitely the best next thing. I have combination skin and this foundation stays matte throughout my day. I am extremely impressed by L'Oreal

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I adore this foundation. I have dry to extremely dry skin and this doesn't cling to any dry patches on my skin. It stays on the whole day. The only problem I have found is that is sometimes separates on my nose, which is my problem area, I have blackheads and really dry skin and I've never had foundation do as well as this did. Also the product is more sanitary because it is a squeeze tube.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

It's hard to find a good drugstore foundation with pink undertones, but this is it. It really does stay on for almost a full 24 hours and it does not get blotchy or melt when it is hot/humid out. I love how it applies and covers nicely and does not feel heavy on my skin. I also love how a little goes a long way since it is only a 1oz bottle. It is kinda pricey ($11 at walmart) but it's well worth the price.

on 11/16/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! This is a great drug store foundation! I can't attest to the 24hr claim, but this foundation definately does last a good 8+ hours which is all that I need. Goes on matte, but not mask-like, easy to blend and feels good on the skin. Score! My only complaint is the shocking lack of shades for women of color! C'mon L'Oreal! It's 2015 not 1987! 11 shades and only two are WOC friendly. Add more shades and this would be the perfect foundation!

on 10/30/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The foundation is Great, I have oily skin and I have a difficult time finding foundations that keep me shine free or at least as much as possible. The only bad thing is that it's not all that women of color friendly, wish there was a shade between the darkest shade and the one I own, otherwise I have to mix foundations to get a better match. Love the formula and would deff recommend :)

on 10/11/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Let me start of by telling you about my shade and skin/conditions first. I got dry/combination skin with oily t-zone. Break out every now and then, with a few pigment spots here and there, but other than that not very problematic skin. Live on Koh tao island in Thailand, so in a very humid country. I don't like my foundations to give me a completely flat matte look, but I do like oil control as I get oily in my t-zone after 4 h into my days. I much prefer a satin-dewy finish than completely matte. My mac shade is NC40-42 and I prefer medium-full coverage foundations. I got this foundation in 108 caramel foundation (very yellow toned) which matches me perfectly.

It claims to last for 24h, (who would wear foundation for 24H? what an unnecessary claim), provide demi-matte finish, medium coverage, airlight and oil-control.

Packaging is hygienic, comes in a rubberized squeeze, partially see-through, tube. The color shown through does not represent the true darker color, so be cautious about that.
The consistency of the foundation is quite thick, it has a nice creamy texture to it. I would say blending is easy, but needs to be worked in pretty fast. Once applied it dries to a matte powder finish. The foundations sets nicely, dry to the touch, and does not transfer. The finish of it though is not my favorite. But I have to give it a big thumbs up for the oil-control. This foundation really helps me not getting oily throughout the day.
I do not recommend this to people with dry skin. I seems to cling onto a little bit to dry patches, so make sure your skin is nicely exfoliated and smooth if you want to use if.
It accentuates the dryness under my eyes which I didn't even knew I had, but that's an easy fix since I always layer on a creamy concealer anyways (La pro in pure beige, mac pro long nc37 or Maybelline fit me 25medium)
The coverage is medium to full. But when built up be careful since it might get too cakey.
I prefer my sun spots to peek through rather than looking cakey.

It's not my favorite foundation for my skin, I want some more "glow" to my skin without looking greasy... but I would definitely recommend it to oily people who's looking for a completely matte finish. I guess all the youtube videos, praise and the raves about them made me buy it. I fell for the "demi" in demi-matte finish...which I do not agree on. I find this to be a completely matte foundation.

on 9/15/2015 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I was so excited when I bought this and I really think I'd like the product if the color selection in Europe wasn't so limited. I'm fair with yellow undertones (NC10-15) and there is no way for me to make any of the shades work for me.. I tried porcelain and it was way too pink and also kind of light, after I passed it on to a friend I swatched all the lightest shades at the store and vanilla is also too pink and next ones were too dark for me. So overall I liked the medium to full coverage, matte but not flat finish and it was easy to work into the skin but please bring more shades to Europe!