L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.2

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/27/2017 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For drugstore this is actually a decent foundation for oily skin. I love the squeeze bottle. My pros for this product:
1. Super matte finish for those who love that
2. Blends fairly well
3. Easy availability, you shouldn't have to search hi and lo to find this foundation
4. Affordable compared to department store/luxury brands

Cons
1. Limited color selection, I have to blend 2 shades to get my match
2. This settles in pores like nobody's business. And upon applying the second layer, it creases around my smile lines. I've never had a foundation do that.
3. It transfers quite a bit, even tho it claims to be 24 hour wear and with a setting spray.
4. Not full coverage, I'd say its medium coverage but buildable.
5. Has a strange, chalky look to it as you apply it, almost reminds me of milk of magnesia type texture.

Its an okay foundation but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but I won't repurchase.

on 1/25/2017 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Le sigh. I used this in Cocoa ALL summer last summer and was in love with the color and the way it left my skin matte and gorgeous all day in Houston humidity hell. I was SO excited. But somewhere along the way, my face revolted! The color is now Crayon orange on me and it doesn't stay matte at all. I'm not sure if they changed the formula or what. At one time it outperformed my high end faves but now it is useless to me. It looks epecially awful (dull, flat and again orange) on dark skinned ladies like myself, at night and in flash photography, smh. Mixing it with a lighter color does not help. The color range is TRASH. C'mon L'oreal :-(

EDIT: A year later, I bought a new tube, the formula was better, and I have been wearing it as a light base here and there (daytime only), although I have to go over spots and discoloration with heavier coverage formula. If I go light-handed I don't get the orangina issue. I also often mix this with Pro-Glow, which makes for an awesome combo. So, this formula is still temperamental but can work with some modifications.

on 10/9/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

POSITIVE:
This could have been a great foundation. This really kept my face less shiny throughout the day, I only had to blot and re-powder my face only once, compared to when I had to blot 3 times in an 8 hr period.

NEGATIVE:
The only downside it that this foundation has little to zero coverage and has little staying power, which is such a shame. By the end of the day or after blotting, it seems like the foundation comes rubs off.

This could have been a great foundation if it had a bit more coverage and doesn't start to smear off after 6 hours.

on 8/24/2016 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

hands down best drugstore foundation ever used... it does dry quick which can be difficult to blend out, I don't mind that minor issue as everything else is perfect. Never has a foundation lasted all day on my skin other than estee lauder double wear. The coverage isn't excellent, but with a concealer it's fine (which is what i'd use anyway). Stays perfectly matte for an oily gal like me! - would recommend for anyone like me who needs a foundation that actually lasts through a working day without sliding off when you get on your dinner break... and don't really want to be using your primers and more pricey foundation.

on 10/30/2015 9:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is a review is for the UK version - the L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte foundation.

I'm a foundation snob. I like my higher end stuff, and in particular my MAC Studio Fix Fluid but I'll admit, the MAC colours either lean very yellow or very orange and there is no middle ground. For nights out, this works perfectly but for a quick day to day look, I was on the hunt for something a) a bit cheaper and b) that I didn't have to work as hard with. We all know time is of the essence in the mornings!

I bought this on a whim when Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on, meaning the foundation worked out (along with the other products purchased) at about a fiver. Usually it is £7.99 which is still terrific. The shade 11 Vanilla (second lightest tone) seemed to match pretty well and I appreciated that neither talc nor mica were in the ingredient list. From previous experience, this seems to have caused some skin issues in the past. Alas, I decided to give it a shot the following week....

Well, blow me down. This is absolutely fabulous for the money you pay. It held up superbly and kept it's matte effect throughout day (often to the extent that I didn't need to powder), the colour is decent and the packaging is fantastically hygienic - there is absolutely no wastage due to it's squeezy-tube-ness! A little also goes a long way so you really can get the most from the product. Note - apply with a damp blending sponge or good brush; don't use fingers!

L'Oreal state that this is demi-matte with medium coverage. Personally, I would say this is definitely more matte; but agree with the claims that it provides a medium coverage. That said, I don't think this is particularly buildable but for day to day useage, that is absolutely fine. Less is more with this product. It also photographs well colour-wise with no white cast on show (possibly due to the lack of SPF) and has no obvious scent which is brilliant for those sensitive to perfumed products.

A couple of negatives - this can settle into fine lines that become more obvious as the day progresses (but not any more than other matte foundations), the formula is quite drying and I do itch a lot when I sweat/get hot if this is on my face (same problem with Estee Lauder Double Wear). For these reasons, I am undecided whether I would repurchase, unfortunately. That said, I am genuinely incredibly impressed with the other attributes associated with this foundation. More importantly, this easily rivals (and outshone) my Estee Lauder Double Wear which I was wearing/testing before. Moral of the story? I will think twice before turning my nose up at foundation from the high street in the future.

Well done L'Oreal. I didn't like True Match, but this is lovely - I just wish it didn't aggravate me to the extent it does.

To cut to the chase:

PROS
Fabulously matte that controls oil all day, often without powder!
Great longevity easily rivalling Estee Lauder DW!
No obvious scent - good for those sensitive to perfumed products
Brilliant nozzle/tube packaging - no wastage!
Decent colour match
Looks lovely in flash photography - no white cast (likely due to lack of SPF)
A little goes a long way and feels incredibly light weight!
Budget friendly - on offer this can cost just over a fiver! Otherwise it's only £7.99!

CONS
Itch when in heat/perspiring
Formula is a little drying after continuous use
Does settle into fine lines

on 10/11/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Not enough shades to match my skin tone, and not enough coverage. I didn't like the consistency of this either. It's going back to Ulta.

on 9/8/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This by far is one of my favorite drugstore foundation it does what it says it does it stays in place for hours and mattifies the skin. It does not transfer. You must use a light hand and you must move quickly when applying this product because you can get some dry patches. I have oily skin and noticed that if you do not know how to work with this product it may not work for you. Unfortunately, it does not photograph as well as I thought it would. You must contour and highlight heavily with this product because it is so dry you may apply too matte or ghostly in order to take a natural looking photograph. However, I do like to wear this foundation work and it lasts throughout the day. Definitely not a bad drugstore product. I would recommend this product and I would definitely repurchase it again. The only thing I wish they had more of a color range. I had to purchase two, and mixing two of the colors to get my perfect shade is time consuming and inconvenient.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

wish it has a pump. other than that, very surprised with how good this lasts. feels a bit like it sits on my skin, but I've felt much worse

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm changing my whole review to this. This is the last time I will ever wear this stuff. It's horrible.

When I wore this the first time, I was ok with it and I thought the color (111 Soft Sable) looked great on me. But as time went on that's when the problems started. It gets splotchy, like areas of your face are no longer covered with makeup. It also sucks at controlling oil so I decided to use Ben Nye Banana setting powder with it and it stays on a little better, but the powder along with the foundation made my face look cakey and discoloured. I thought maybe the matte texture and the powder were too much for my face.

So I decided to wear this without Ben Nye and OMG I don't know what happened, but I went outside in different lighting (it was morning and not the afternoon) and I realized this color was not for me. I wear Soft Sable in the Magic Nude with no problems, but this stuff has more of a neutral/yellow leaning undertone than an actual yellow undertone so it sits flat on on my face and the color shows up somewhat ashy. The last color is too dark and even if, it's not sold in most stores. L'Oreal needs to work on that.

On top of that as the day went by, I noticed that my oily T-Zone no longer had foundation on it. Literally. Like where the oil stopped you could see the foundation, but on and around my nose....nada. Skin.

Let's talk about the texture of this foundation. It's really thick and dries really quickly! It will apply splotchy so you have to take your time and apply it slowly. I used a brush the first few times and a RT beauty blender the other. Even a damp beauty blender is no match for this stuff. It was still hard to apply.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this stuff.

edit::// I bought the color Cocoa 112 and mixed it with Soft Sable. The color match was better and it performed better throughout the day and controlled a lot of oil. I didn't have to blot much at all! However, the foundation still separated on my nose area and I did notice that it does oxidize a bit orange as the day goes by. So, I will bump this up from 1 to 3 stars, however it still needs a bit of work before it can become a HG foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

The bottle says no transfer, no visible imperfections, no visible shine, no dry-out, no mask-effect. What a load of crap. This does not cover the red spots on my face AT ALL. My face is an oil slick an hour later, even after setting with a powder. It sinks into any fine lines and pores on my face even though I use a primer. I've had a huge breakout of spots all over my face, normally there's just a few on my cheeks. Can't say for certain if it's the foundations fault or not but that will become evident when I stop using it. I've used it for about 3 weeks now as I wanted to give it a fair trial. All I want is a foundation with great coverage that isn't too heavy and doesn't create the need for hourly top ups of powder. Will definitely not be buying this again. the hunt for the perfect foundation continues...