L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Curly
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/31/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a long-wearing, matte but not completely dull looking, medium to full coverage foundation. It wears long, and doesn't aggravate my dry skin, if my skin is well-prepped and doesn't look mask-like and heavy. I've been buying it, and using it fairly regularly since it was in the red-topped bottle.

It made its way to the bottom of my makeup drawer but today I fished it out and wore it; my complexion looks immaculate and the shade 101 continues to work well for my very fair winter skin. I think I have about 20 foundations at the moment and I've mostly been wearing hydrating formulas as of late. I forget how nicely some of these longwearing formulas can be.

The glow-y formulation of infallible seemed to highlight ever bump and pore of my skin. It wasn't flattering.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the original formula Cover Girl Outlast foundation as well; Cover Girl's is slightly more sheer than Infallible.

Shout-out number 2: We have some really great cosmetic options from non-prestige products.

on 7/14/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the first foundation I purchased in a long time and I have to say that I'm pleased with its performance. My skin is very oily and the foundation keeps my skin looking matte for a decent amount of time. If you have oily skin and want a matte foundation but you're on the fence about it, I would recommend trying it out! The foundation range in store isn't great but online they have a wider variety of shades.

on 6/26/2018 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation, it’s probably my favourite.
I have normal to combo skin. And tons of acne marks. This covers my marks with no need for concealer, if I need extra coverage I just dab a little more on that spot. It lasts a long time, a very long time on me. I love it in any season, but I’m so impressed with it in summer. I’m from Bermuda and it gets super hot and humid during the summer and this foundation passes the test for sure.

I’m an NC30 and go between 104 and 105 in this foundation, I’m hardly ever completely 105, but I mix them during summer.

on 12/4/2017 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this foundation. I've tried high-end foundations across the board, and they still seem to fall short of this amazing formula L'Oreal has put together.

Sure, it's not perfect. No foundation ever is. It doesn't go well with a number of powders, but hey...you have to test combinations until you find your perfect one. (Mine so happens to be NARS Translucent Powder, which never worked with any other foundations I had before this one.)

Wearing this foundation on a Saturday night in a hot bar with lots of drunk and sweaty college students, I was sure my face would be absolutely ruined by the time I made it home at 1 AM. BOY WAS I WRONG. Looking in the mirror when I arrived home, I had to do a double-take. It looked like I had just applied it one hour before, not six! I was almost sad to take apart my masterpiece before going to sleep.

Let's just leave this review right where I started it: if you want an amazing bang-for-your-buck foundation, this just might be it!

on 12/3/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love the squeeze tube! I have this in shade 104. Initially, I did not care for this but after giving it another go, it is actually extremely good for oily skin. Lessons learned: Skin must be exfoliated and well hydrated, must have a good color match, it can look a little cakey and chalky if too much is applied, careful what you layer this with or it looks like...well...layers. Very good, medium to full coverage. It holds up quite well all day. Doesn't separate or float around!!! Keeps skin matte. I have the world's oiliest nose and I only have to blot and it looks fine. My preference is to powder for a more polished look and I can get away without touching up with powder. Negatives: Clings to dry areas. All in all, I do highly recommend this foundation for oily skin. At the moment, I’m done with high end since I have been disappointed especially for the price tag and I have been pleasantly surprised and happy by drugstore makeup. This is a great foundation and I reach for this a lot!

on 10/3/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never really found a drugstore foundation that I love, but this is a different story. Using this with the pro matte primer gives me a flawless finish that stays on for hours. I also use the Tarte timeless smooth primer (the one in a jar) on my cheeks to make this look poreless.
This has become my every day foundation, even tho I own multiple high end foundations (double wear, teint idole, the new YSL)
This gives me a smoother surface, the foundation becomes one with the skin and gives that nice soft focus.

Without the pro matte primer this foundation can look a little cakey(dry?) on me, so if you have issues with this you should try pairing this with the loreal primer.

on 8/27/2017 11:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually got this in the Pro-Glow.
There was nothing glow about it though and it was $12 out the window.
I got 203 which at first was a good match for my light yellow toned skin. BUT - talk about Oxidation ".......... I was soon turned into an orangey tan moon above my light chest and arms.
It has decent medium coverage but I was on a short business trip and had my picture taken. Of all the bad timing to try a new foundation.
So no, I won't be repurchasing this!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this after all the oil control, mattifying claims but even with milk of magnesia underneath this isn't for me. I got the shade 110 Creme Café which is an excellent shade match for NC45 skin. Applied well and it is buildable although its definitely medium coverage, it is not full coverage. Dried down to a beautiful natural matte finish. My pores disappeared as well so I had high hopes. Held up well for about 4 hours then shine began to come through. What turned me off most was the creasing in my smile lines at about the 5 hour mark even though I'd set my face with powder. To it's credit it is not cakey and didn't bunch up around my nostrils. I'd definitely wear this for a movie night or to run errands, brunch on Sunday...but not any occasion where I need to be flawless for an extended period. Additionally on packaging, i like the squeeze tube but as it is opaque you can't see the actual foundation to gauge your shade in store without opening. Compared to Revlon colorstay foundation, which is a must have for oily/combination skin at the drugstore level, this product leaves quite a bit to be desired.

on 5/3/2017 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Me encanta esta base, es la que mejor le va a mi piel, casi no me saca grasa, no es extremadamente matte al borde que se te vea una máscara. La favorita.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I used this foundation about a year ago, loved it then, not so much now. I don't know if they changed the formula cus the shades I usually get match me well, but now there super orange! It also made my face look dry & broke me out on my T-zone. Won't repurchase again!