L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.5

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great for my oily and acne prone skin. In MAC foundations I’m a NC42, so I matched myself with 108 Caramel Beige and it’s really close to my skin tone just a tad bit lighter (which is the look I’m going for). It conceals the redness really well in my nose area and some of my hyperpigmentation from past pimples on my jawline. Overall, this is my favorite foundation that I reach for everyday.

on 12/29/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
Great coverage, looks great on photos, no flashbacks, lasts a long time on my very oily skin, humidity-proof, easy to work with, matches my skin tone well (104), does not transfer even when blotted with blotting paper

Cons:
Emphasizes texture, clings on dry patches, can be too thick for daily makeup

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like the coverage it gives, & it goes on really dry unless you use a damp sponge.

on 7/15/2018 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried this foundation several times since it came out. I think they changed the formula. The shades are mostly yellow which is not that favorable. I settled for 104 for my NC30 skin. The problem with this foundation is that it separates in very little pieces once it settles. I changed the shade to 103 thinking that the problem was with the shade. 103 looked ashy on me and I still saw the separation of the foundation. Bottom line is that this foundation looks like a bad mask. Not recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The texture of L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte is amazing! It's light and airy, and feels like I have nothing on. After 12 hours of wear, it doesn't feel greasy or heavy if I touch my face with my fingertip. I have dehydrated yet oily skin (fun!) and this foundation gives me a satin finish. I do need to blot mid-afternoon, but much less blotting than with other foundations. I'll be testing out this foundation with a primer and setting spray next week, and will update my review at that time!

The coverage is nice, especially if you have decent skin, but those with heavy acne scarring like myself will definitely need a really good separate concealer. If I use a flat foundation brush to pat this foundation carefully over my darkest scars, I can build it up pretty well, but it wears away throughout the day and my scars peek through.

Shade selection isn't great, especially if you're pale and warm/neutral. I'm an NC20, and shade 102 in this foundation is my closest match. However, if I get a natural tan in the summer, 102 is too light and pink compared to my neck, yet 103 is far too dark and orange. I wish there were a shade between 102 and 103 that's not pink or orange. For now, I'll be sticking with 102 and mixing in a drop of another foundation in the summer.

on 3/19/2018 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have dry sensitive skin and i love this foundation. tried the pro glow but it broke me out and this has better coverage. i like it more than many of the high end brands i have tried. the shade golden beige is about an nc25 in mac

on 2/28/2018 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smell funny. My face looks really cakey with this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think teenage me would have loved this foundation, however, as I get into my late 20s I tend to avoid matte foundations while going for something a little dewier. The pros: It's affordable, the coverage is good and it lasts all day, even in the summer heat. The cons: I don't even have dry skin but this clings to dry patches like nothing else, so I recommend using an AHA or BHA liquid before applying moisturiser and primer. I also recommend adding a few drops of rosehip oil to your beauty blender or brush before applying this as it helps it to blend out a little better.

Best drug store foundation I've tried to date. I find you do have to blend relatively fast after first applying on the skin. I have combo-oily skin, and I still have to blot and powder about twice through the day, which I don't mind doing. The coverage is there, and the shades work for me. I combine this with the Lumi for day to day and will stick it until I find something that's better.

on 10/28/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am not normally into matte foundations but now that the weather is turning chillier I suddenly looked at my dewy reflection in the mirror and felt that it wasn't quite right anymore. I picked this foundation up at Boots simply because I had read enough positive reviews and it wasn't too expensive so it was worth the gamble. It is an interesting foundation, on the light side as for coverage but pretty total matte as for the finish. I have dry skin and this foundation tends to cling to dry patches on my face that I didn't even know I had! Prepping the skin with rich emollients is a must, as doubling the dose around chin and nose. For this reason I don't really like it on its own but when I mix it with dewier foundations I really love the results. I wish the coverage was a touch more consistent but considered the price, the packaging and even the shade (20 sand=NC 25ish) I think that as a mixing medium it is excellent.