L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/31/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a long-wearing, matte but not completely dull looking, medium to full coverage foundation. It wears long, and doesn't aggravate my dry skin, if my skin is well-prepped and doesn't look mask-like and heavy. I've been buying it, and using it fairly regularly since it was in the red-topped bottle.

It made its way to the bottom of my makeup drawer but today I fished it out and wore it; my complexion looks immaculate and the shade 101 continues to work well for my very fair winter skin. I think I have about 20 foundations at the moment and I've mostly been wearing hydrating formulas as of late. I forget how nicely some of these longwearing formulas can be.

The glow-y formulation of infallible seemed to highlight ever bump and pore of my skin. It wasn't flattering.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the original formula Cover Girl Outlast foundation as well; Cover Girl's is slightly more sheer than Infallible.

Shout-out number 2: We have some really great cosmetic options from non-prestige products.

on 12/29/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
Great coverage, looks great on photos, no flashbacks, lasts a long time on my very oily skin, humidity-proof, easy to work with, matches my skin tone well (104), does not transfer even when blotted with blotting paper

Cons:
Emphasizes texture, clings on dry patches, can be too thick for daily makeup

This is by far the worst foundation I have ever used. I wished the formula was far better though, as the color matched me and the finish did look really lovely. After about 3-4 hours of wear, the foundation starts cracking on my face and developing a horrible spotty texture, truly awful. I have normal skin and do prime with moisturizer before applying but it doesn't work either. Was so embarrassed at work and hoping nobody saw the unsightly splotches on my face. Erm NO, nobody needs foundation like that.

This might be great if you have oily skin. I have normal/combo skin, and it went on too splotchy. I will see if I can return it, although it wasn't very pricy being drugstore. I got it in 101 Classic Ivory, which was a little too late for me.

on 7/27/2018 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is the only foundation that matches my asian golden undertone.I have tried dozens of foundation from drugstore to high-end but non came as close to this one. The golden beige (104) shade is pretty close to my skin tone.(nc25-30) It niether broke me out nor oxidized on me. Covers pretty good & stays matte for good 4 hours.

on 7/15/2018 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried this foundation several times since it came out. I think they changed the formula. The shades are mostly yellow which is not that favorable. I settled for 104 for my NC30 skin. The problem with this foundation is that it separates in very little pieces once it settles. I changed the shade to 103 thinking that the problem was with the shade. 103 looked ashy on me and I still saw the separation of the foundation. Bottom line is that this foundation looks like a bad mask. Not recommended!

on 7/14/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the first foundation I purchased in a long time and I have to say that I'm pleased with its performance. My skin is very oily and the foundation keeps my skin looking matte for a decent amount of time. If you have oily skin and want a matte foundation but you're on the fence about it, I would recommend trying it out! The foundation range in store isn't great but online they have a wider variety of shades.

on 6/30/2018 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing for me at the first try! I have oily allover but to too greasy but i get shine in a minute if i wore non matte foundation (dewy, semi matte, glowy). I buy this in shade 102 i’m NC12-15 and i swear this foundation STAY my whole out time (8AM- 8PM).. got washed out around my nose from 6-later. But i am very impressed! I set this with rimmel stay matte translucent using Real tech powder brush. Even my tarte expised blush stay in and my brows still in place wow.. i really amazed by this foundation!! I am a bottle away from empty not sure if i will repurchase this by end end of this bottle cuz there may be new matte foundation who knows xD

on 6/13/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This foundation was a pleasant surprise. I just didn’t expect much bc it was so inexpensive! It’s actually very good. I am super oily and this is a light to medium coverage matte. It’s lasting power is pretty good! The usual blot is necessary, but I break through every foundation. I also got the matching powder in a lighter shade. I’m an NC25 and I got the foundation in golden beige and the powder in sun beige. Perfect match! I rotate about 4 foundations and this is now one of the 4.

on 4/9/2018 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After just one day of using this foundation, I will be returning it back to the store. By the end of the workday, it had started to crease/separate around my chin/mouth area (did use a primer), and the overall look of the foundation on my skin was just that; it looked like a white mask just sitting over my skin, but emphasizing my pores. I'm not sure if part of this is from the horrible shade selections they have for this foundation (i was mixing 101 with 103 to get a decent NC15-20 shade) but when I looked in the mirror, it was like the paler shade started to come out at the end of the day and it looked like I was just wearing a really pale blotchy powder/foundation on my face. Just gross. It is lightweight and controls oil, I will give it that, but that's it.

My HG oily skin foundation is Covergirls Outlast - and I'm wearing it today - and it's a 180 degree comparison to L'Oreal's Pro-Matte on my face compared to yesterday. I though the two might be similar, but on my skin, they are NOT. I do think it has something to do with the Pro-Matte being silica-based, and Outlast is talc based. I think silica just doesn't wear well/look well on my skin/emphasizes pores/creates shine/gathers in lines - or something. Either way - Outlast is so much better than this foundation. Creamier, more coverage, blends out better because consistency is creamy, cheaper, has a pump, better color jumps in shades, and even mixing two shades in Outlast to get my color, looks so much more natural on my skin than Pro-matte did. This was a big miss for me. Will stick to Covergirl's Outlast!