L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.4

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

FANTASTIC FORMULA
Packaging not big on the tube - sometimes too much squirts out. I bought this for $13.49 at Rite Aid - for the price I would have wanted a glass bottle - this flimsy packaging seems odd considering that this is even more expensive than their regular true match line which offers the standard bottle packaging that I much prefer.

That being said, I am adore the formula. I got 101 which is the lightest with the same pinky/peach cool undertone. Just keep in mind it is cool toned and it seems like this is the only fair option.

My favorite part of the formula is how it sat on my unprimed pores when I first applied it (I was just testing the shade match). To my surprise it concealed them beautifully as if I was wearing a primer - I always need a primer but this sat on top of it beautifully.

Over all I won't rebuy since Pro Glo is the same price and formula but with SPF which is very important to me.

on 4/9/2018 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After just one day of using this foundation, I will be returning it back to the store. By the end of the workday, it had started to crease/separate around my chin/mouth area (did use a primer), and the overall look of the foundation on my skin was just that; it looked like a white mask just sitting over my skin, but emphasizing my pores. I'm not sure if part of this is from the horrible shade selections they have for this foundation (i was mixing 101 with 103 to get a decent NC15-20 shade) but when I looked in the mirror, it was like the paler shade started to come out at the end of the day and it looked like I was just wearing a really pale blotchy powder/foundation on my face. Just gross. It is lightweight and controls oil, I will give it that, but that's it.

My HG oily skin foundation is Covergirls Outlast - and I'm wearing it today - and it's a 180 degree comparison to L'Oreal's Pro-Matte on my face compared to yesterday. I though the two might be similar, but on my skin, they are NOT. I do think it has something to do with the Pro-Matte being silica-based, and Outlast is talc based. I think silica just doesn't wear well/look well on my skin/emphasizes pores/creates shine/gathers in lines - or something. Either way - Outlast is so much better than this foundation. Creamier, more coverage, blends out better because consistency is creamy, cheaper, has a pump, better color jumps in shades, and even mixing two shades in Outlast to get my color, looks so much more natural on my skin than Pro-matte did. This was a big miss for me. Will stick to Covergirl's Outlast!

on 3/19/2018 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have dry sensitive skin and i love this foundation. tried the pro glow but it broke me out and this has better coverage. i like it more than many of the high end brands i have tried. the shade golden beige is about an nc25 in mac

on 11/23/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Wow!!! I can’t believe this is a drug store brand foundation. Lasts all day, great coverage and build able if needed. This make up does not transfer off on clothes and it does not clog my pores. I have very sensitive skin and allergic to many foundations and I am fine with this one. I found my HG foundation. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product seems like it makes my skin more clear! However it wasn't the perfect shade. It was far too pink undertoned for me. I wish they had more color selections. Very pretty on the skin. I love it. Will buy again if I get tan!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

My skin is now moderate (I used to have severe acne when I was still a solid competitive swimmer). But now, I usually get 4 small zits a month, along with tons of whiteheads on my forehead, nose and cheeks. I know that I get most of my these from stress, hormones and swim training

At first, I was impressed with how it was able to control my face from getting oily.

But then, I noticed that it made my skin look very dehydrated. Disappointed with how it made my dry patches and pores extremely VISIBLE.

Wait. It doesnt stop there. After using this stuff for 2 weeks, it made MY SMALL WHITEHEADS WORSE... EVOLVING THEM INTO PUSTULES, without even NOTICING!!!! (whiteheads are usually just underneath the skin. pustules are the small reddish bumps. think of it this way... whiteheads = charmeleon, pustules = charizard, cysts = charmander)

Don't get me wrong, I'm strict with my skincare, diet and overall hygiene (that includes my make up brushes).... it's just sad that my skin reacted sensitively to this. :(

Although I continued to use this with drops of argan oil (thankfully it made everything better.. but it's still giving me things that I dont need so never mind. I got enough college problems already, gurl.

So here's my final verdict after a month of using it:
Pros:
- doesn't make your face look like a deep fryer
- "cheap" for some (it aint cheap for a broke college student from the Philippines though. it's $16-18 here)
- looks OK with certain lighting
- somehow OK when mixed with a beauty oil

Cons:
- may cause breakouts to some
- hard to find (in the PHI)
- makes dry patches visible
- looks EXTREMELY PATCHY AND CAKEY when you touch up
- few shades selection. you need to mix two shades to get your color

on 12/21/2016 6:13:00 PM

Not overly fond of this product. It is way too cakey, does not apply well (rather patchy and uneven, especially around the nose) and very aging. I looked much younger before I put this stuff on my face! I am 34 years old, and have yet to show any signs of wrinkles, however I do have larger pores. I found that if I apply more than one layer of this foundation, or concealer on top...the appearance of those pores is excessively exacerbated, even with a very good primer underneath. Also, throughout the day, I noticed a bit of the foundation flaking off the sides of my face. I do not have dry skin at all...there should be no flaking of anything!. And the way it looked on my nose was rather comical. I suddenly had pores the size of craters! The only good thing about this foundation is that it did seem to be rather good at keeping the oil at bay. Perhaps this is only for teenagers, and not aging skin...like anyone beyond the age of 25? I have no notion. This one is most definitely going back to the store.

on 10/13/2016 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a replacement foundation after Estee Lauder stuff gave me the worst acne of my life to date (but that's another review...), and came across this little gem.

My skin is both sensitive AND extremely oily, so finding a foundation for me is an absolute nightmare at the best of times. I'd tried lots of high end brands, to no avail. Just on the off-chance, out of absolute desperation, I bought this in my local Superdrug. I picked up the lightest shade.

It applies very smoothly, and dries quickly to matte. I only use powder on my T-zone. You can definitely build it up in light layers. It oxidises very slightly. I use an Ecotools Skin Perfecting Brush to apply this foundation in small, circular buffing motions. The coverage is medium, but like I said, definitely buildable for stubborn areas that need more.

This foundation feels very lightweight on the skin; it doesn't really feel like I've got anything on my face!

Longevity wise, I get about six hours out of it before I need to blot my oiliness away and repowder a little, but it still looks perfectly acceptable for another couple of hours if I don't do this.

I've been using this product for a few months now and am completely in love with it. I have very oily/sensitive skin and tend to break out with anything, except this. It stays on for a good while, maybe not 24 hours but definitely long enough to make it through my 8 hour work days and then some.
Blends flawlessly, amazing coverage, and great for my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I didn't love this. It made my dry skin areas look drier and my oily areas looked blah. The foundation made all of my skin look blah because it flattens my features with the total matteness.

I settled on 103. I'm nc 20 but this color was not perfect.

Love the tube. Pretty pricey for drugstore. Caused some suspicious bumps along my chin area. Just not in love. enough to work with this.