L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I have extremely oily skin and this stuff holds up!! I have searched for years to find the right foundation and I’ve gotta say, this is it. Mind you, I do still use a translucent powder maybe twice throughout the day because of how excessively oily my skin gets. This foundation last all day. I really do love it. If you have dry skin tho, I don’t recommend it. And also, even if you have very oily skin, don’t forget to moisturize and prime your skin first, because if not, it can get a little flakey due to the mattifying nature of this foundation.

on 12/31/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a long-wearing, matte but not completely dull looking, medium to full coverage foundation. It wears long, and doesn't aggravate my dry skin, if my skin is well-prepped and doesn't look mask-like and heavy. I've been buying it, and using it fairly regularly since it was in the red-topped bottle.

It made its way to the bottom of my makeup drawer but today I fished it out and wore it; my complexion looks immaculate and the shade 101 continues to work well for my very fair winter skin. I think I have about 20 foundations at the moment and I've mostly been wearing hydrating formulas as of late. I forget how nicely some of these longwearing formulas can be.

The glow-y formulation of infallible seemed to highlight ever bump and pore of my skin. It wasn't flattering.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the original formula Cover Girl Outlast foundation as well; Cover Girl's is slightly more sheer than Infallible.

Shout-out number 2: We have some really great cosmetic options from non-prestige products.

This is by far the worst foundation I have ever used. I wished the formula was far better though, as the color matched me and the finish did look really lovely. After about 3-4 hours of wear, the foundation starts cracking on my face and developing a horrible spotty texture, truly awful. I have normal skin and do prime with moisturizer before applying but it doesn't work either. Was so embarrassed at work and hoping nobody saw the unsightly splotches on my face. Erm NO, nobody needs foundation like that.

on 7/3/2018 5:57:00 PM

This is just ok. Heavy coverage but I found it to be too much; it’s very hard to make this look natural

on 6/16/2018 4:07:00 PM

ugh, what a disappointment. the wear wasn't bad, it blended nicely, but this stuff had way more of an orange tint to than I'd have expected. i compared it to my wrist and forearm in store and it looked like a nice ivory shade that would work- I'm pale with pink undertones so i have go a bit darker than the lightest shades but i can generally make work even with a limited shade range. that said, yuck! as soon it came out the tube, the color was instantly orangey. i looked like a pitcher of pumpkin juice straight from the Gryffindor table. i have no idea how fares longevity wise, as i sloughed it off my face immediately. oh well, at least wasn't expensive. on to the next one.

on 1/23/2018 1:43:00 PM

This foundation is my saving grace!!
I struggled for a few years trying to figure out what kind of makeup worked for me. I used to use L'Oreal's True Match foundation, but that stuff was too liquid and oily. THIS foundation, on the other hand, is beyond amazing. My skin tends to be oily, so the fact that it's matte is lifesaving. I can wear it all day and my skin looks great even after 12 hours. It also has GREAT coverage, which means I don't need a whole lot of spot concealer to cover up pimples. And the name doesn't lie: it is so air-light I forget I'm even wearing foundation. I'm not exaggerating!
My skin is combination so it also needs a good deal of moisturizing. If I didn't moisturize before using this foundation, it would probably look pretty awful because it's matte. But after moisturizing, my skin looks and feels very smooth and clean. All I need on top of this is a bit of concealer and some translucent powder, and voila! I've gotten many compliments that my makeup looks very natural since I've started wearing this foundation.

Highly recommended if you have oily skin and hate the feeling of heavy foundation!!

on 12/28/2017 7:02:00 PM

Thank you L'Oreal for maming such a high quality product with a great price! I spent years looking for a drugstore foundation that would cover up acne scars, stay on for hours, not break me out, and have a beautiful finish. I found it all in thia product! I have combo skin and during the fall/winter I like to mix a little of the pro glow and pro matte together to create the perfect finish for my drier skin. During the summer all I need is the Pro Matte!

I had heard so many good things about this foundation. Since I have been trying to find some drugstore go tos, I figured I would give it a shot. I have mine in the lightest shade and at first, I didn’t like it. I thought it looked heavy and cakey. Now that I know how to prepare my skin before using this foundation, I really enjoy it. On Black Friday I ended up having this foundation on for 24 hours. It had worn away around my nose but the rest of my face looked amazing! This has pretty good coverage and has amazing staying power. I use this currently as my “special event” foundation that I use when I want to look flawless and have above average staying power. I definitely will probably comeback to this foundation when I finish this tube up.

on 12/19/2017 12:51:00 PM

I have been using this for the last couple of months and I have just bought my second bottle. I love this foundation because it gives me the coverage I need to get through the day. I also don't get very oily (let's face it nothing keeps me completely matte for the whole day) at the end of the day which is a miracle considering I live in a tropical country. I love also that this looks so natural because the shade is just right. I'm golden beige and it's perfect.

Also while I feel that it doesn't completely hide my pores (I'm currently exploring changes in my skin care to rectify that), I feel like it does a good job smoothing everything over. The only thing is that it is a little pricey in the department store but considering that it is shipped here from the states, I'm not mad. I also forgot but it dries down quickly so you have to be fast in blending it but when it settles, it has a nice powdery like finish that doesn't really need powdering unless you are oily like me.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this!

on 12/4/2017 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this foundation. I've tried high-end foundations across the board, and they still seem to fall short of this amazing formula L'Oreal has put together.

Sure, it's not perfect. No foundation ever is. It doesn't go well with a number of powders, but hey...you have to test combinations until you find your perfect one. (Mine so happens to be NARS Translucent Powder, which never worked with any other foundations I had before this one.)

Wearing this foundation on a Saturday night in a hot bar with lots of drunk and sweaty college students, I was sure my face would be absolutely ruined by the time I made it home at 1 AM. BOY WAS I WRONG. Looking in the mirror when I arrived home, I had to do a double-take. It looked like I had just applied it one hour before, not six! I was almost sad to take apart my masterpiece before going to sleep.

Let's just leave this review right where I started it: if you want an amazing bang-for-your-buck foundation, this just might be it!