L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.5

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have an oily T-zone, especially in the summer and this foundation has been my favorite for more than 3 years. This gives me a demi-matte finish and keeps the oils at bay. I would say it is medium coverage coz it doesn't fully cover my occasional pimples and pimple marks. Other than that, I am completely satisfied with this foundation.

on 10/28/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am not normally into matte foundations but now that the weather is turning chillier I suddenly looked at my dewy reflection in the mirror and felt that it wasn't quite right anymore. I picked this foundation up at Boots simply because I had read enough positive reviews and it wasn't too expensive so it was worth the gamble. It is an interesting foundation, on the light side as for coverage but pretty total matte as for the finish. I have dry skin and this foundation tends to cling to dry patches on my face that I didn't even know I had! Prepping the skin with rich emollients is a must, as doubling the dose around chin and nose. For this reason I don't really like it on its own but when I mix it with dewier foundations I really love the results. I wish the coverage was a touch more consistent but considered the price, the packaging and even the shade (20 sand=NC 25ish) I think that as a mixing medium it is excellent.

This is a super performing grocery store/drug store foundation and you only use small amounts, so it lasts a long time. It's important to moisturize and prime before applying though, or it can be difficult to blend, but with proper preparation it is the best foundation I've ever used. I can get through busy 16 hour shifts and my make up looks all right when I leave, and that's with minimal 1-2 powder touch ups. Before using this after about 6 hours in my face was shiny and my make up would be coming off and just looked like crap, no matter what I used. But this make up stays, looks good, and drastically reduces shine. It goes on with pretty impressive coverage as well, and you can build further if need be. I don't even use concealer anymore because I can just sponge on and blend a little extra foundation under the eyes and on problem areas and it works/covers better than the expensive concealers I have. You do need to apply it quickly, in small amounts, to small areas at a time, because it dries pretty fast and then you can't blend it. Also,it's easy to over apply and end up with a heavy, mask type look if you aren't careful and use too much. Starting light and adding if needed is the best way to go. It is quite possible to get a light make up look with this, although the Infallible pro glow is probably a little better for a lighter, dewy look (although I don't think the coverage is a quite as good). Anyhow, if you are someone who needs coverage and/or has acne issues, or just needs your makeup to wear though super long days, I can't recommend this foundation enough. I do use other products that definitely augment the performance; I moisturize and apply primer beforehand, then I apply the pro matte foundation with a dampened beauty blender type sponge with a little primer rubbed on the end, and apply using a rapid stippling motion. I go over problem areas using concealer sponge. I also powder puff on Dermablend translucent setting powder and let it "bake" for a minute or two, then I brush the excess powder off with a soft brush, and after my whole face is done, I use one of the urban decay make up setting sprays, although the infallible make up setting spray is really good if you are watching your budget. It is less than half the price of UD setting sprays and performs almost as well. All that being said, I have to say that it's not just the powder and setting sprays that are making the difference in the wear here, because I've used them with other foundations and didn't have near the results as I do with the Infallible Pro Matte...I was checking out at the grocery store and the clerk was putting this in the bag and she said "OMG this is best foundation isn't it? I love this stuff; it's like I can't live without it!" I agree and am absolutely thrilled I stumbled on it. It's definitely worth a try if you are looking for flattering, long wearing makeup, good coverage where needed, and less shine.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging is ugly, sorry.
The coverage is a little more than medium, I guess, because I don't have scar or skin problems.
This does not gives me a natural look, I look l am wearing foundation, but it stays at its place.
The price is ok, but I think the result is not worth the price, I can find a cheaper alternative.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Tried to switch to a drug store foundation so save money , just wearing when I'm at work or running errands but this just didn't cut it for me. Difficult to blend out, generally streaky, awful shade range. When first applied and blended for what seems like forever, the look is generally quite good, however lasted on me around 5 hours and came off in an extremely patchy manor. If anyone could recommend me a foundation similar to luminous silk but not £40 or would be appreciated.

Also I'm tanned but I'm definitely not darkest shade of foundation sort of tanned and that was what shade I was a closest match too, so from what I hear doesn't cater well to lighter skinned gals and guys and also doesn't for darker skinned too. Disappointing.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This foundation is okay, it stays on fine for a drugstore product, but I need to retouch... And it looks pretty cakey and fake on your skin, it doesn't cover very well and yeah, it's just not that good.
I wish they would make one that looked more natural but stayed put.. Disappointing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not for me.. the lightest color wasn't even light enough.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was the worst foundation I've ever bought. Yes it was only a waste of $7, but I was traveling, so literally chose not to wear foundation, or any makeup rather than continue wearing this. It's thick, but not creamy, doesn't spread or work in well. Too bad! The hype was just hype.

One of the best foundations I've ever tried. Kept me matte all day, nice coverage w/o looking cakey. The reason i wouldn't buy again is bc I have really sensitive skin, and this made me break out really badly. If I didn't have sensitive skin this would be my go to though, its really nice.

on 1/29/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I buy this over and over. I have very red skin and it`s hard to find a foundation who will cover it properly throughout thde day. This one does it for me. Excellent coverage and it stays matte.

I have dry winter skin, and this one does not add any moisture. Be sure to use a good moisturiser underneath if you are in the same situation cause it does not look good while flaking...

All in all my favorite and go-to foundation