L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To start off, I have sensitive dry acne prone skin. I may state tons of pros at first but the fact that this breaks me out is a HUGE deal breaker. I got this because everyone was raving it, even Manny MUA so I got this when it was on sale. Full price was about 20 CAD which was quite expensive for drugstore. I think it's about 15 USD. Anyways, I got it in shell beige, which was a perfect colormatch and was super hyped about using it. I used it wih a primer, and blended amazing with a sponge. It was sheer to medium coverage but can look cakey if built up. It felt so smooth once set. However, after 1 or 2 hours, I saw that the foundation has clinged to not my dry patches but the lil baby hairs all over my face. And also, I got tiny lil acne bumps all over my clear face, but fortunately my prescription ointment was able to fix that in about a week. But honeslty I don't think this is worth the hype.
Pros:
-Smooth once set
-Versitile appliciation method
-Not drying
-Non settling into fine lines and pores
Cons:
-Lacks deeper tones
-Clings to tiny facial baby hairs
-Can look cakey when built up and over time as well
-BREAKOUTS' THE BIGGEST CON

on 7/26/2016 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been loving long wear foundations this summer and this is no exception. Definitely has good coverage and staying power. I wear Natural Beige which is good for my NC30 skintone, maybe just slightly too yellow. I have one other issue with this foundation which is the lack of SPF.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I adore this foundation. I have dry to extremely dry skin and this doesn't cling to any dry patches on my skin. It stays on the whole day. The only problem I have found is that is sometimes separates on my nose, which is my problem area, I have blackheads and really dry skin and I've never had foundation do as well as this did. Also the product is more sanitary because it is a squeeze tube.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great foundation for oily skin. . unfortunately, my skin is dry and this tends to cling to the dry patches on my face. It does work well for me when I mix it with a lightweight foundation (such as YSL Touche Eclait) or mix in a drop or two of serum. I tried it on its own a few times and it just didn't work out (looked cakey, settled into my fine lines, and clung to dry spots).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just wanted to add my "UGH!" to the reviewer below. This needs a black box warning on it: "NOT FOR DRY SKIN. SERIOUSLY. DON'T EVEN LOOK AT THIS! WALK ON BY" I have had exactly 4 foundations flake up on me and do the lizard skin thing (VERY embarrassing at work, BTW) and this is one of them. I have deduced from 5 years of foundation trying that it is not just my skin that's dry, it is the FORMULA that's dry with some brands. Some just need you to have a little oil in your skin to meld with, and this is one of them IMO. The finish on this--before it cracks up like dry clay--is fabulous. Very similar to MUFE mat velvet. I gave it 3 stars for that reason. They should market it to really oily girls who would find it a Godsend and save the rest of us the traumatic at-work makeup disasters that we do not deserve!

on 8/30/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Feels like nothing on my skin which I love, unfortunately it makes me look a lot older (creepy, extra dry skin) and there is no color match for NC20, slight itchiness as well. Will go back to L'Oreal Visible Lift since the skin tone match is absolutely perfect.

on 7/30/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love, love, love this foundation. I have oily skin, and tend to sweat a lot in the summer as I am outside often enjoying the warm, humid weather. This stuff wears like iron, and it actually controls my oil to a pretty good extent as well. The coverage is beautiful, medium to full, and the finish is gorgeous. It is demi-matte, but of course I set it with a powder, especially in the summer. I use NYX Set It & Don't Fret It" loose powder, but I use it over all of my foundations. This one always comes out looking the best at the end of the day, even compared to ELDW, and Revlon ColorStay, and it feels much lighter than either of them. Definitely my current favorite long wearing foundation for hot weather.