L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Excelente

on 1/18/2018 10:33:00 AM

I bought this foundation bcoz I've was looking foundation that no paraban, no alcohol and no perfume. I was excited to try this one, since so many good review about this product and it's no everything that I mentioned. I have very sensitive skin (pimples and eczema) so it's very hard for me to get foundation that doesn't broke meup. I thought this foundation will be my saver but NOT. I've try this for a week, it's very good in control oil. however on the first week I start saw tinny red bumps on my skin, but I still continue used. however on the second week it's start broke like hell. my skin got red and pimples come out. till now still didn't find any foundation that suitable for my skin.

on 8/31/2016 10:50:00 PM

I kept seeing this foundation on YouTube and people really seemed to like it so I decided to try it out. I love full coverage foundations so I felt like this would be a good fit however it made my skin look very dry and cakey. I'm no stranger to heavy foundations (Kat Von D Lock it, Mac Studio Fix) so I was surprised that I really didn't like this one. I even bought another color to see if that would help but it just didn't work on my dry skin. I love the packaging and price wasn't too bad.

on 8/31/2016 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is a great foundation. does not crease, dont need primer (but do use moisturizer if you have combination skin on your dry area, also if you have dry patches), good base considering my cream bronzer usually does not stay but when i use this foundation it stays. i always got a tiny breakout everytime i wear this foundation but i keep doing it because i still has not find a good alternative.

on 8/19/2016 12:56:00 PM

This is by far the best foundation for oily acne prone skin. I have the oiliest skin ever and have tried almost everything including Estée Lauder, kat Von d, Mac, etc. I work 12 hour shifts and at the end everything either separates with horrible color change once the oil mixes in or it's no longer on my face. This foundation lasts the longest and I only have to blot once. It is worth it and I'm angry at myself for not giving this a chance earlier!!! Also it's medium to full coverage and feels so light on the skin.

I am really liking this foundation. I have combo skin and it can be drying around the mouth area but covers smoothly on any blemishes and doesn't oxidize. I find it does fade after my 10 hour work day because I can see my concealer left behind when this fades away. I am very sensitive to scent and many foundations break me out or cause clogged pores but after 3 weeks I am still loving this! I feel it may be drying in the winter but might try the glow one for winter.
It is so hard to find a proper foundation that has the right color and lasts through most of my workday on top of not oxidizing and not breaking me out. It even slightly covers my under eye circles and doesn't crease as much in my lines as other foundations. It dries quickly so you have to work fast but it dries to a very smooth finish. Recommended for oily or combo skin. Packaging is good a squeeze tube so I can never put my fingers in the bottle and can get the last drop out.

I bought this a year later after it first came out.. lol since it is summertime, I need something to control my oil, and this seems to do just that. the formula of this foundation feels very nice on the skin, as advertised, "it's never flat" and I agree with it, I also have the powder to go with this and I only use the powder on my forehead and nose to set and it doesn't look cakey. I am impressed. the shade selections are OK, not a lot but a somewhat decent range of shades

It was a hot summer day in Edmonton (so..like 20 degrees Celsius) and H and I decided to go for a beautiful hike around the Jasper region. Unfortunately, I'm the type of girl who like a tiinnyy bit of makeup while exercising, even though it's probably horrible for my pores and terrible for the health of my skin. Knowing that, I applied a little bit of Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, a light pink blush and a little bit of Carbon Black mascara. I looked fresh and healthy...for about the first hour or so. H and I decided to relax a little near a picnic area, and as we were laying down I decided to put my face on his shoulder for support. When I got up my face was on H's grey sweater and my foundation was no longer on my face.
Right there and then I decided I needed a more heavy-duty foundation..one that does not deposit my face on other people's clothing. As I perused the drugstore aisles the next day, the display for the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation (long enough name..?) was just being put out. I grabbed a shade that looked yellow enough for my jaundiced skin, and off I went. Here is my review on the foundation that I strongly believe most of us have tried before...:

Cons:

1)Ashy: In natural sunlight, like most foundations, this can look slightly ashy on the skin; almost like you have an extra layer of chalkiness on the face. To be honest, I have never NOT experienced that with a foundation that claims to be long-wearing and matte, and even-so with a foundation that claims to be dewy. If you want coverage and pigmentation in a foundation, you will have to settle for a more unnatural look in sunlight. Because of the ashy-ness pores can also look enlarged and more defined, but that can be combated with a primer.

2) Shade range: This foundation comes in 9 shades which ranges from an NC15-NC40 ish. While that's not too bad, I think L'oreal could improve upon this by adding shades that cater to both ends of the spectrum (really fair and really deep).

3) Price: In Canada, this normally retails for $14-$23. If you're really lucky, you can get it on sale at Superstore for $12.

Pros:

1)Undertone: When I initially saw this display I notice all the colours looked very yellow which practically made me breakout in dance at Pharma Plus. It is so incredibly difficult to find a yellow-based foundation at the drugstore; even the L'oreal true match 'warm-tone' isn't yellow enough. I'm glad that a brand is finally deciding to step away from the neutral/cool toned foundations (which is practically every foundation at the drugstore) and catering to the other third of the demographic. If you're a yellow-toned gal or guy, you'll know the pain of having to travel all the way to mid/high-end brands just to get a foundation that is yellow enough. I bought this in the shade 107 which is a great summer colour for me; it's yellow but olive at the same time.
***One important thing to note: Don't settle upon the colour in the tube for your colour match. I've noted that once this foundation dries, it becomes slightly more orange/darker. In this sense, it is very similar to the Covergirl 3-in-1 Stay Fabulous blah blah...you know what I mean***

2) Longevity: I actually did have this foundation on for 24 hours on a recent road trip, but the results were not good. After hour 18, it really started to break apart on my face and practically melt off. That being said, who wears foundation for that long..? On an average workday this foundation is an absolute stress-free must have. I apply the foundation at 6 am, blot and powder at noon, and by 5 pm it's still going strong.

3) Application: this applies beautifully with both a sponge and a brush, although I do find that a brush increases the longevity whereas the sponge gives a more natural finish. It glides evenly on the skin and dries very quickly, so work fast! The texture of the foundation is thick but manageable, and it is very heavily pigmented ....I would say this is a medium coverage, but can be built up to a full coverage. Unfortunately you have to work very quickly with this guy as it will dry very fast if not blended thoroughly.

4) Finish: I was astounded at the matte-satin finish of this foundation. It looked beautiful and matte. It's also one of the quickest drying foundations I've tried which is great when i'm in a rush in the morning. I'm sure we've all applied our foundations and then gone in immediately with bronzer and blush only to look like a blotchy, streaky mess after; this foundation will not do that to you. All that being said, it looks heavy. If you have dry skin DO NOT BUY. If you have larger pores DO NOT BUY. If you have deep lines DO NOT BUY. Practically, if your skin is not that of a baby's bottom, you need to approach with caution.

5) Transfer: there is none...nuff said...

6) Scent: None

Overall: I would avoid this foundation if you are dry and have flakey or patchy skin, if you are cool-toned, if you like very natural finishes. It's a heavy look and it doesn;t soften throughout the day.
Do buy if you like a matte, long wearing foundation, medium-full coverage, are warm toned, have redness on the face but neck and body are warm (it will cover up redness well) and are oily.
IMO, this is overhyped and not that great. It's also very similar, if not the same to Estee Lauder Double Wear. Which would make sense since L'Oreal owns Estee Lauder.

This costed me about $14 CAD at Pharma Plus. For reference, I am an NC37 in MAC Pro Longwear and I wear the shade 107 in this foundation. 107, is also the most yellow shade in the entire range.

Here's a little shade help in case you need it:

MAC Studio Fix/ L'oreal:

NC35/37-107 **MOST YELLOW SHADE**
NC42- 108
NW40-109
NW33-110

Really love this foundation! It is very long lasting but doesn't look too matte. I have dry/combo skin and apply this after moisturizer and a primer and never use a powder after. My only complaint is the shades, there is a big difference between 101 and 102. I tend to mix these two together for the perfect color. Will repurchase!

on 3/23/2016 10:32:00 AM

This stuff rocks! I live in humid, hot Florida & have the most oily skin you can imagine. This stuff does not budge. Keeps me matte all day & looks flawless. When I don't have money to spend on expensive high end foundations this is my go to. Color stay is nice too, but this consistency is so much better to apply. I apply it with a damp beauty blender & the result is magical.