L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great for my oily and acne prone skin. In MAC foundations I’m a NC42, so I matched myself with 108 Caramel Beige and it’s really close to my skin tone just a tad bit lighter (which is the look I’m going for). It conceals the redness really well in my nose area and some of my hyperpigmentation from past pimples on my jawline. Overall, this is my favorite foundation that I reach for everyday.

Excelente

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like the coverage it gives, & it goes on really dry unless you use a damp sponge.

This might be great if you have oily skin. I have normal/combo skin, and it went on too splotchy. I will see if I can return it, although it wasn't very pricy being drugstore. I got it in 101 Classic Ivory, which was a little too late for me.

on 6/26/2018 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation, it’s probably my favourite.
I have normal to combo skin. And tons of acne marks. This covers my marks with no need for concealer, if I need extra coverage I just dab a little more on that spot. It lasts a long time, a very long time on me. I love it in any season, but I’m so impressed with it in summer. I’m from Bermuda and it gets super hot and humid during the summer and this foundation passes the test for sure.

I’m an NC30 and go between 104 and 105 in this foundation, I’m hardly ever completely 105, but I mix them during summer.

on 4/9/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, the shade selection is ridiculous. The latest shade was still way too dark for me. It had an orange tint right from the time I applied it. It applies nicely, I'll say that. When I first applied it the finish was excellent, although I did look like a walking pumpkin (tried it on a day I knew I wouldn't be leaving the house). It doesn't wear very well at all. Within a few hours it was separating and there were large patches of my face where it was just completely gone. It also made my undereye area look horrendous. It was settling into very fine lines and made me look about 10 years older than I actually am. I will not use this again.

on 4/9/2018 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After just one day of using this foundation, I will be returning it back to the store. By the end of the workday, it had started to crease/separate around my chin/mouth area (did use a primer), and the overall look of the foundation on my skin was just that; it looked like a white mask just sitting over my skin, but emphasizing my pores. I'm not sure if part of this is from the horrible shade selections they have for this foundation (i was mixing 101 with 103 to get a decent NC15-20 shade) but when I looked in the mirror, it was like the paler shade started to come out at the end of the day and it looked like I was just wearing a really pale blotchy powder/foundation on my face. Just gross. It is lightweight and controls oil, I will give it that, but that's it.

My HG oily skin foundation is Covergirls Outlast - and I'm wearing it today - and it's a 180 degree comparison to L'Oreal's Pro-Matte on my face compared to yesterday. I though the two might be similar, but on my skin, they are NOT. I do think it has something to do with the Pro-Matte being silica-based, and Outlast is talc based. I think silica just doesn't wear well/look well on my skin/emphasizes pores/creates shine/gathers in lines - or something. Either way - Outlast is so much better than this foundation. Creamier, more coverage, blends out better because consistency is creamy, cheaper, has a pump, better color jumps in shades, and even mixing two shades in Outlast to get my color, looks so much more natural on my skin than Pro-matte did. This was a big miss for me. Will stick to Covergirl's Outlast!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The texture of L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte is amazing! It's light and airy, and feels like I have nothing on. After 12 hours of wear, it doesn't feel greasy or heavy if I touch my face with my fingertip. I have dehydrated yet oily skin (fun!) and this foundation gives me a satin finish. I do need to blot mid-afternoon, but much less blotting than with other foundations. I'll be testing out this foundation with a primer and setting spray next week, and will update my review at that time!

The coverage is nice, especially if you have decent skin, but those with heavy acne scarring like myself will definitely need a really good separate concealer. If I use a flat foundation brush to pat this foundation carefully over my darkest scars, I can build it up pretty well, but it wears away throughout the day and my scars peek through.

Shade selection isn't great, especially if you're pale and warm/neutral. I'm an NC20, and shade 102 in this foundation is my closest match. However, if I get a natural tan in the summer, 102 is too light and pink compared to my neck, yet 103 is far too dark and orange. I wish there were a shade between 102 and 103 that's not pink or orange. For now, I'll be sticking with 102 and mixing in a drop of another foundation in the summer.

on 2/28/2018 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smell funny. My face looks really cakey with this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Shade selection was terrible. Found one too dark and one too light but no shade in between. Price point is a bit pricey for drugstore. Packaging is good, squeeze tube is equivalent to pump. The fact that I had to buy two to blend the colours to find a match was kind of a rip off, but besides that, finish is awesome. I don't need to set with powder, best matte drugstore foundation I've found.