Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum Anti-age Multi-action

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum Anti-age Multi-action

2.0

Water, Butylene Glycol, Peg-8 Dimenthicone, Melthyl Gluceth-20, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera(Grape) Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Ceramide 2, Linoleic Acid, Retiny Palmitate, Betula Alba(Birch) Extract, Cholesterol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Oryanol, Sodium Dethtdroacetate, Phenoxyethanol,

I really wanted to like this. Feels and smells great. Drys a bit tacky but it is a serum. Really gives your skin a glow. I wanted it to be a product I used daily, eventually getting to the point where I only wore this on my face when I walked out the door. i saw a saleswoman at Nordstrom with the most beautiful, glowing skin and asked her what she used. She said she puts this on and nothing else! i used this daily for a few weeks.

Unfortunately it gave me several cystic breakouts on my jawline (never had them on the jawline before) so i knew it had to do with the product. I even tried stopping and starting it again over the course of a few months and as soon as I would try it again the jaw cysts would come back. If you can use this without breaking out i'd say it is a fantastic serum. For me it just caused more problems having to cover up all the angry cysts.

on 4/21/2011 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like the reviewer below, I just like the "vibe" of this serum. I use it alone as a moisturizer at night and in the morning. I've been using it for about two or three weeks, and my skin is just better. It's smoother and less irritated. Most products wind up breaking me out or making my skin itch, so I wind up throwing them in the unused product drawer. This is something I actually use because I've seen an improvement. I also like that it gets rid of dry, flaky skin around my nose, which other moisturizers have not been able to do. For this reason, it also works well under foundation.

It does not make me oily during the day, and does not have that slimy serum feel. It's more water based, or so it seems.

There is no fragrance that I notice. I like the bottle and applicator. It has a dropper, and it only takes three drops for the face. I sometimes use an extra drop for my neck.

Overall, if you are looking for a serum that has a nice texture for combo/oily skin that smoothes and improves skin's appearance and works well under foundation, I highly recommend this. It is pricey, but it's a fairly large bottle, and you only use a bit at a time.

For those who like Paula Begoun, she gives this a best product rating.

on 11/21/2010 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My mum commented that she knew i had breakouts but my skin looked glowing. This clogged my pores, and felt heavy and my skin couldn't breathe. The 'glowing' my mum talked about was the film it left behind. Would never go there again. Advisor who gave me the BB make-over said that even women who experience breakouts with moisturiser still need to use moisturiser. Well with no skin care products my skin is healing from acne, decongesting itself, and is regulating itself properly. My instincts and my skin know best. Just no point in spending this kind of money on gunk that stops my skin from functioning properly.

on 11/28/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What a shame. I LOVED this the first few days and thought I had found the fountain of youth--my skin was supple and radiant. Fast forward a week and my entire forehead was broken out and every morning therafter when I woke up after using this the night before I had new blemishes EVERYWHERE! It's going to take a long time to get my skin back. Very disappointed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials