Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum Anti-age Multi-action

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum Anti-age Multi-action

3.7

Water, Butylene Glycol, Peg-8 Dimenthicone, Melthyl Gluceth-20, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera(Grape) Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Ceramide 2, Linoleic Acid, Retiny Palmitate, Betula Alba(Birch) Extract, Cholesterol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Oryanol, Sodium Dethtdroacetate, Phenoxyethanol,

First off, I must say that I have sensitive, but not acne prone, skin. I had great success using the Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement. I found this to be very hydrating but not in an oily or greasy way. This also works well in layers- it doesn't pill or leave skin feeling tacky at all. I like to use the Intensive Skin Supplement first in my nightly and morning routine and then proceed with other products after it fully absorbs in a minute or two. I would say that this is hydrating enough that it would probably be enough for those with more oily or normal skin, but works best with another cream or thicker moisturizer for those of us with dry skin. I love that this serum has no real scent to it and contains ceramides, green tea, vitamin e, and vitamin c.
There's been reviews from people that ended up breaking out from this, I suspect it is from the butylene glycol or dimethicone, but I am not sure- I would be very interested to see if anyone ever figured out what was causing this from this serum. Otherwise, I would say that if you aren't acne prone and looking for a good serum loaded with antioxidants this is probably a good one (albeit expensive) to check out. The dropper isn't the best dispenser and the price are the two drawbacks of this serum, but it is certainly well work checking out. Another of my favorite serums is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum, which is also heavy in antioxidants and has a lower price tag. My more detailed review video can be seen here:

on 8/30/2015 6:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

When I first tried this serum, I wasn't too crazy about it but decided not to return it because it was less expensive than the Skinceuticals vitamin C serums that I had been using, which are ridiculously expensive. I started using it again about two months ago and have gotten used to its consistency. I use about 1/3 of the dropper and mix it with a little bit of water before applying it all over my face and neck. After about a month, I noticed a significant improvement in my skin. The serum is not greasy or very moisturizing so you absolutely must follow with a good moisturizer if your skin is normal to dry. Your skin will feel parched it you don't. I apply the serum twice a day after washing my face, let it sink in for about five minutes and then apply my moisturizer. In the morning, I follow with an SPF primer and an SPF foundation. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. I highly recommend this product. I even apply it under my eyes.

Intensive skin supplement is a gentle, fragrance free serum with a nice array of anti irritants and anti oxidants. It's the perfect product to apply if you have oily skin and dont want any lotion or cream on, just this on after cleansing and toning is perfect. Ofcourse you need sunscreen after this, then continue to foundation application.

The packaging is simple to use, it comes with a little dropper or pipette, and dispenses just the right amount to apply over face, neck and decolletage. I saw Bobbi herself promoting this on QVC last year and she mentioned how it has never been reformulated simple because it is that good. It actually contains great skin care ingredients and is also fragrance free. Those with dryer skin can layer moisturizer over this if it isn't moisturizing enough for them. Bobbi is a big fan of layering skin care.

The reason why I won't be repurchasing this product even though it has been a pleasure to use, look at and sit on my vanity is the fact that is is simply overpriced. There are a plethora of serums out there that cost less and contain more ingredients in the formula. Remember people Bobbi Brown is owned by Estee Lauder who also own Clinique, I would turn to Cliniques Repair Wear Laser focus serum which cost less and contain more ingredients, also fragrance free than the Intensive skin Supplement. So while not bad, it does what it says, is gentle, correctly packaged but, for the money Im spending Id rather get something else.

on 11/11/2013 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this off of the rave reviews from Nordstroms website, along with the hydrating face cream, and I am in love with the skin care regime!!!!!!!! Thank you bobbi for knowing my skin!! Buy this you will NOT be sorrry.

on 4/13/2012 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm 20 and have combination skin - very oily t-zone, normal cheeks, and dry patches. I suffer from awful hormonal break outs on my chin and my skin is very sensative to most products.

i'm lucky i know.

I got this product out of sheer desperation but its the best money i have ever spent. I use 2 drops at night after cleansing my face and one in the morning before i apply make up.

After using it the first night i woke up and all of the spots, redness and scaring on my chin had reduced dramatically. My skin felt really soft and smooth too.

Its completely balanced out my skin, my make up lasts longer I don't get nasty flakey patches but best of all...

spots are virtually gone. I rarely get spots anywhere else on my face but when I do they stick around for a good few months but this stuff gets rid in a matter of days.

I could not recomend this highly enough.

on 7/29/2011 2:04:00 AM

I was skeptical at first, but after having used this serum every morning for at least a month now, I am actually seeing very nice results. I am ultra-picky about serums and have tried so many high-end brands. I love that this is fragrance and color-free--my sensitive skin can't handle anything else. I only need about 2 drops to cover my face thoroughly--it spreads very easily. I notice my skin looks better overall--just more vibrant and youthful somehow, I can't pinpoint it. I will continue to finish my 1st bottle--the true test will be if I repurchase... as of now, a very strong possibility!

on 2/13/2011 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great serum!!after using it twice daily for 3 weeks my skin is brighter,smoother and firmer.My skin has never looked better and only 2-3 drops are enough to cover the whole face.
I will certainly repurchase.

on 2/2/2011 2:17:00 AM

I'm at the age where I don't want my little wrinkles to get bigger, so I am trying serums. I also have this sun spot on my cheek, that I Hate. After using this product for a few weeks - OMG the spot has faded considerably!! I'm blown away. I'm not crazy about the dropper, but I deal. It also has a slightly sticky consistency, but again, I deal, and once it's absorbed into your skin it's no longer sticky. It's wonderful stuff, really - I'm so happy to see that spot faded! Thanks Bobbi!!

I read reviews of this on beautypedia.com and decided to try this serum at the BB counter. The wonderful SA there made me a very generous sample that lasted over 2 weeks. In that time I found that it not only kept my skin soft and balanced,but also alleviated dry areas and evened out my skin tone a bit. I love the non-silicone texture of this, as I feel it is absorbing into my skin better instead of sitting on top and suffocating my pores. (just a feeling, you know?) I love Paula's Choice products, but not the silicone textured ones. How nice of her to recommend this! This is the only moisture I needed this past summer, a few drops am and pm (there is small amount of castor oil in here). I did not notice a film or stickiness at all. I could, however, do without the glass bottle. While elegant, I am deathly afraid of dropping this in my porcelain sink/tile floor and having it smash. There would be tears!! Lately, I have also used Caudalie's Vinoperfect serum and it is in the running as an alternate/replacement for BB's when I am done. It has a very similar texture, but with a hint of a lovely grape/herbal scent. The Caudalie evened out and brightened my complexion like no other, with not a hint of irritation, even in the driest, coldest weather! For the record, I use retin-a 3x a week.

on 10/15/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I too wish this came with a pump dispenser. I actually transferred it into a bottle that has a pump. Seems nice going on, will update after further use. I am thinking of replacing my ANR with this; we'll see how it goes. ANR is tough to beat!