Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum Anti-age Multi-action

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum Anti-age Multi-action

3.7

Water, Butylene Glycol, Peg-8 Dimenthicone, Melthyl Gluceth-20, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera(Grape) Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Ceramide 2, Linoleic Acid, Retiny Palmitate, Betula Alba(Birch) Extract, Cholesterol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Oryanol, Sodium Dethtdroacetate, Phenoxyethanol,

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the way this serum feels. It's very soothing to my skin and it definitely works well under the repair moisturizing balm. It helps the balm to spread more easily. The two together work well to moisturize my skin. They do not cause me to break out or make my skin feel oily. However, I'm not really sure what this does other than cause the balm ( which is a little thick) to spread more easily. I haven't noticed any significant difference in my skin.

I really wanted to like this. Feels and smells great. Drys a bit tacky but it is a serum. Really gives your skin a glow. I wanted it to be a product I used daily, eventually getting to the point where I only wore this on my face when I walked out the door. i saw a saleswoman at Nordstrom with the most beautiful, glowing skin and asked her what she used. She said she puts this on and nothing else! i used this daily for a few weeks.

Unfortunately it gave me several cystic breakouts on my jawline (never had them on the jawline before) so i knew it had to do with the product. I even tried stopping and starting it again over the course of a few months and as soon as I would try it again the jaw cysts would come back. If you can use this without breaking out i'd say it is a fantastic serum. For me it just caused more problems having to cover up all the angry cysts.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 9:12:00 PM

I, like some of the other people who bought this, read the beautypedia review. I bought this because of the 5 star review. It was supposed to be good for all skin types, even acne prone. Well, it isn't good for my sensitive skin. Not at all. It is very expensive--$74.00, so I bought it during a Sephora sale. And waited patiently to finish something else to try it. As I then used up the time to return it. First, the dropper is weird. It only sucks product half way into it, and then it dispenses too much product. So I was using everything that came out, not wanting to waste it, even though it was too much. I woke up with a zit on my left cheek one morning about a week into using this. I suspected it was from this, but didn't want to rush to judgment. Then another week passes, and this time, I wind up with a giant red zit on my right cheek. This was definitely what I call an "angry pimple." It is similar to skin irritation--the pimple is very red, has no head on it, and is surrounded by inflamed pores when viewed in a magnified mirror. And it was definitely from this serum, no question. I should have known a vitamin C serum wouldn't be good for my skin. From now on, I'll trust my own instincts.

on 11/10/2015 8:50:00 AM

This serum is fragrance free, so that is good but after using it for 3 days I noticed many more clogged pores. No good for me. It's been impossible for me to find an anti aging product that neither clogs nor irritates my sensitive, acne-prone skin, I would have thought that in my 50s my biggest worry would be wrinkles- not so. I have more whitehead stricken areas on my face now than 30 years ago.

on 8/30/2015 6:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

When I first tried this serum, I wasn't too crazy about it but decided not to return it because it was less expensive than the Skinceuticals vitamin C serums that I had been using, which are ridiculously expensive. I started using it again about two months ago and have gotten used to its consistency. I use about 1/3 of the dropper and mix it with a little bit of water before applying it all over my face and neck. After about a month, I noticed a significant improvement in my skin. The serum is not greasy or very moisturizing so you absolutely must follow with a good moisturizer if your skin is normal to dry. Your skin will feel parched it you don't. I apply the serum twice a day after washing my face, let it sink in for about five minutes and then apply my moisturizer. In the morning, I follow with an SPF primer and an SPF foundation. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. I highly recommend this product. I even apply it under my eyes.

Intensive skin supplement is a gentle, fragrance free serum with a nice array of anti irritants and anti oxidants. It's the perfect product to apply if you have oily skin and dont want any lotion or cream on, just this on after cleansing and toning is perfect. Ofcourse you need sunscreen after this, then continue to foundation application.

The packaging is simple to use, it comes with a little dropper or pipette, and dispenses just the right amount to apply over face, neck and decolletage. I saw Bobbi herself promoting this on QVC last year and she mentioned how it has never been reformulated simple because it is that good. It actually contains great skin care ingredients and is also fragrance free. Those with dryer skin can layer moisturizer over this if it isn't moisturizing enough for them. Bobbi is a big fan of layering skin care.

The reason why I won't be repurchasing this product even though it has been a pleasure to use, look at and sit on my vanity is the fact that is is simply overpriced. There are a plethora of serums out there that cost less and contain more ingredients in the formula. Remember people Bobbi Brown is owned by Estee Lauder who also own Clinique, I would turn to Cliniques Repair Wear Laser focus serum which cost less and contain more ingredients, also fragrance free than the Intensive skin Supplement. So while not bad, it does what it says, is gentle, correctly packaged but, for the money Im spending Id rather get something else.

This is a wonderful treatment for under moisturizer that works fab under makeup to hydrate and help with flakiness.

on 2/25/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I dont like the packaging. All is good otherwise.

on 1/31/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Although I've been using Bobbi Brown makeup for the past decade, the Intensive Skin Supplement is my first foray into her skincare range.

I'd bought this product to use up some Bobbi Brown vouchers I'd received for my birthday and, at the time, was looking for a replacement nighttime treatment for the Anne Semonin facial oils I had been using. The Intensive Skin Supplement is more targeted at anti-ageing rather than balancing combination-oily skin, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.

The texture is quite tacky, but quickly absorbs into the skin. Probably too quickly, as my skin can still feel dry soon afterwards and I apply a second coat a few minutes later. This is by no means a "must have" product in my books, as I'm sure that the even skin tone which my nightly use of the Anne Semonin treatment had achieved has been slowly deteriorating back to blotchy patches.

Fortunately, I'm 2/3 of my way through this 30ml bottle so I can move on to another product soon (preferably to a facial oil), but it also makes this a rather pricey product given that I've only used it for 3 months.

on 11/11/2013 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this off of the rave reviews from Nordstroms website, along with the hydrating face cream, and I am in love with the skin care regime!!!!!!!! Thank you bobbi for knowing my skin!! Buy this you will NOT be sorrry.

Popular Treatments (Face)