Lancome La Base Paupires Pro Aquatique

No Image

1 review

If I remember what the saleslady told me, La Base Paupires Pro is the new remake of the regular Aquatique base. I've never tried the original Aquatique, but I got a chance to test the original and La Base Paupires side by side, and I already liked the remake better!
Anyway, this is a great eye primer. I have stuck by Urban Decay Primer Potion for a few years now, so this was a bit of a change for me. I have the primer in the shade 01 Beige Ivoire; these come in an entire range of shades for every skintone. This primer is actually a highlighting one; the color of it does show up on your lid and leaves a satin, bright finish. It's great even if you want something to simply brighten up your eyelids.
This primer took some time to get used to at first. The fact that it's in a little pot rather than a squeeze tube isn't awesome, but it's manageable. I use the backside of my nails to scoop some up without any product getting underneath my nails. It's very blendable. However, once it's applied, it's best to wait a minute or so before applying eye makeup, since it does crease before it fully sets.
Once it sets, however, it's golden. I haven't had issues with it staying all day, and it prolongs the wear and pigmentation of even the heaviest eye makeup. I usually keep my makeup on for 18-20 hours a day, and this eye primer lives up to the job. It even keeps my eyeliner put when my eyes water- and when I am in water, since I do synchronized swimming. This primer can handle anything.
As for its packaging, I don't like it- the glass pot is nice, but the lid doesn't like being screwed on, so it either loosens or falls off. Luckily, this primer doesn't dry out. Also, it's pretty pricey- I paid $26 for it- but so far, I've been using it since July and I just hit pan on it. I think it'll last for another few months, though. This is a great primer, even with the price tag, and I'm glad that it was worth the money.