3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

*I am just quickly stating that I haven’t had this product for a long amount of time yet. I’m just doing an initial review based on my first impressions and opinions of the product and will update as I get to know the product better as I use it more over time.* As I opened this cream, looking forward to testing the product, based on the things I’d heard about it, and curious as to what I would think of it. I was shocked at how thick the cream was! I had never come across a cream that thick in all the face creams I’d bought and or tested ever before. The thickness wasn’t a bad thing at all, it was jus very different from what I was used to. I was very lucky I didn’t scoop way too much out on first use not realising how dense the product was, and how just a little went a long way. There are a few people that say they like or dislike the smell, but I really like it. It has a natural/fresh calming scent to it that I like. The cream is thick so it takes a little longer than I’m used to to soak in completely, but I really think it does have some sort of ‘glowing’ effect on my skin. Not shiny or oily at all, but it’s like a sheer highlighter is coming out of your natural skin. And I’m not a person to say that lightly at all. But of the few days I’ve been wearing it, my face, (cheeks particularly) seem like they have a glow to them, that I haven’t been getting whilst I’m not using this moisturiser/night cream. Don’t be scared to try this if you are oilier skinned either. I used to be really oily and I scared to use anything that didn’t say ‘oil free’ (although I’m closer to combination/sensitive skinned now) although now I know different oils at different levels can be an excellent acne and general skin treatment. but this product is really hydrating, and hasn’t affected my skin or pores at all. I’ll update after testing for a few more weeks.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

a year ago

I have oily skin, acne prone and this is the only heavy moisturizer my skin can handle without getting awful breakouts. I use it as a night cream in the winter and I like it bc it has its hydrating and contains a few anti-aging goodies that make my skin glowy and plump in the morning. It also pairs well with the Drunk Elephant Framboos Glycolic treatment, which I layer right under. If you have oily skin but still need some hydration, give this a try!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

1.0

3 years ago

I was really hoping to like this product after reading so many good reviews on it so I gave it a shot. My skin handles a lot of products really well, and I have dry-combination skin. I thought this product would do wonders for my skin as people have been saying. The first night I used this cream, I woke up to dry, itchy, irritated skin on my face and neck. My skin care routine was always the same before and worked for me, until I used this cream. My eyes were also swollen, red and puffy and I did not even apply this cream on my eyes as your not supposed to. I will never buy products from this brand again, not to mention how expensive it is.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

3 years ago

I actually really liked this cream. It felt nice and creamy going on at bedtime and the smell is light and refreshing and citrusy. In the morning my skin is glowy and hydrated. I do have dry skin so I wear oils and creams at night, a light lotion wouldn't do. Plus I use retin-a which is drying anyways. This seems to make my skin plumber and not as dull when i wake up after using this. This was sent to me for review in my voxbox and my review is my own. #DiscoverOrigins

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

AMAZING. I LOVE THIS STUFF. I could see the difference ON THE FIRST DAY. This thing does wonders. Amazing scent, great texture. I wish it was in a pump though. 10/10

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0
from

3 years ago

This is a very heavy cream. The face does not look smooth and plum in the morning. It is rather dull. Price is high. I do not recommend this product and won't buy again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

3 years ago

I got this as a delux sample. It's ok, I don't see any changes in my skin, but it has a nice texture and it doesn't break me out, it provides a good amount of moisture appropriate for summer or winter. But I'm not 'impressed', it hasn't done anything beyond moisturizing, and it has such a strong smell. It's a nice-ish orange candy type smell, but it feels weird to put on my face. It's a bit pricey for what it does.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I had a lot of faith in this product when I bought it. The smell of it is beautiful, it makes you feel like you're in a luxurious spa. However, in terms of moisture its nothing amazing. The skin felt moisturised the next morning, but nothing outstanding. While I was using this product however my pores started getting clogged as well as appeared bigger. I didn't automatically blame it on this cream and I'm still not 100% it purely its fault however I kept getting small break outs and exaggerated clogged pores. I've read a few reviews with people having similar results so I stopped using it. It is possible that rather than the cream's fault, I was applying it too thickly and that my skin couldn't breath and that might be a mistake on my side. I really wanted this product to work so after my skin clears out and goes back to normal I might give it another try and apply less of it and see if it was really its fault. Overall I wouldn't recommend this product, while I have also heard a lot of positive feedback on it so it might depend on the person.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Medium

3 years ago

I have gone through at least 5 tubs of this night cream. My absolute HG night cream for dry/normal skin, especially for Canadian winters. No other night cream works for me as well as this one which is why I keep going back to repurchase. It is thick but absorbs very well into the skin without feeling thick. Leaves skin moisturized and I wake up to plump, hydrated skin each morning. Plus I love the citrus scent! Would highly recommend! I don't like the tub packaging due to hygiene reasons so I just make sure to wash my hands before each use...the extra step is worth it for how amazing this product is!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This is the only night cream Ive ever used that actually has had an effect on my skin. It smells great and the next morning my skin looks even smoother and vibrant. I will purchase the fullsize when my deluxe sample is gone.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age36-43