TonyMoly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick

No Image

2.7

on 7/14/2017 8:02:00 PM

Long story short: a gimmick that does nothing, do not buy this.

Like many other TonyMoly products this has the cutest packaging, and this is where most people go wrong. Not that they don't have cutely packaged products that DO work, but this one isn't one.

The concept was great, a cute little eye stick you could apply to cool/soothe and moisturize your under eye. This is not the white one that has the same packaging but is meant to be an under eye brightening base. This product is a light blue twist up stick, not unlike a gluestick, packaged in a cute panda case complete with a plastic inner lid to protect the product from getting ruined or drying up (spoiler, it doesn't work!). I bought this hoping it would work like Etude House's Moistful Collagen Stick(I've never tried this however) to be used as an extra layer of much needed moisture under the eye.

The texture was like very rigid balm though it didn't drag when applied. There is just a slight cooling effect that lasted maybe 30 seconds, as well as a slightly longer lasting tacky feeling but it wasn't moisturizing and the sticky texture eventually disappears completely. It can potentially be used primer under the eye for concealer, but as far as the intended use it fails completely as you end up having to reapply endlessly to maintain the effect and you can't use it over makeup because of how rigid it is. It also claims to have whitening and wrinkle care properties but you can forget about that.

The worst thing about this is that it actually continually dries up in the tube despite having a protective lid. After a year my stick shriveled up unto a dry and waxy remnant of the original product. I may have held on to it for too long but it's a novelty product I only used in the summer and didn't expect it to be so poorly formulated that the moisture simply evaporates completely from it.

I paid something like 6000 Korean won for it (~5 USD?) because someone got it for me in Korea, but if you are buying this overseas the markup on Kbeauty is quite significant, more so for something so crappy. Lesson learned, never blind buy a brand new(at the time, I hope they aren't still making this) product just because it's cute and cheap.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product doesn't claim to be anything other than a cooling under-eye moisturizer. I don't have terribly dry under eyes, and I don't use an eye cream; whatever moisturizer is going on my face day or night just goes in that area, so it stays well hydrated. I like the TonyMoly stick because it feels nice and gives a little extra boost of moisture without adding weight or greasiness to the under eye area. I am 33 and I only have the finest lines, but to me it just feels gross to have a lot of heavy moisturizer followed by concealer and foundation and primer, so I think this stick is genius. Plus it is cute as heck, portable, and again, it feels hecka good going on. All in all I think it is a solid purchase. Will it cure all of your under eye woes? No, it is a freaking panda balm. Will it add a touch of extra moisture without being greasy and making your concealer cake up? Yes. That is all it does.

on 2/13/2017 4:56:00 AM

Don't understand how someone can love this! Bloggers i follow on YT loved it and so i bought it too, turns out it was a big mistake! it isn't cooling or hydrating ,after months i realise it is kind of ok if you use it as a "primer" for your under eye with your regular moisturiser underneath , nothing more. the only positive thing is the cute and smart packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like this a lot! While it definitely does *not* take the place of an eye cream, I find that it works great as a primer underneath my eye cream and tinted moisturizer. Cosmetics seem to go on more smoothly, after its use, and my eye area seems to stay more hydrated, as well. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is out of this world cute, but the product is kind of a gimmick.

Now it does cool the eye area and feels wonderful first thing in the morning, however that's about it. It won't help you get rid of dark circles, it won't miraculously de-puff undereye area - it is just a cooling sensation you're paying for and if that's something you like, by all means go for it. You can read a detailed review on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/01/17/Does-It-Work-Pandas-Dream-by-Tony-Moly ) but overall I wouldn't think of it as a serious skincare product, maybe a gift for the teen girl in your life but that's about it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is neat. Feels cooling while you're applying it and makes my under eye area feel moisturized. The little massage you receive while applying is nice too, almost like a little wake up exercise for your under eyes! As neat as it is, probably would not purchase again.

I don't get that some people aren't experiencing a cooling effect?! Thats literally all its supposed to do, its only claim!

I tried it at Sephora, didn't even read about the cool effect, so was really surprised by a HUGE cooling effect, and thats why I bought it.

If you don't get a cooling effect I would return it, because it must be faulty.

Anyway the product comes as a solid piece, like a chapstick (a very gel like, soft one at that!) and you can smear it over your preferred area.

Its not in a tube, so not super sanitary, but I also feel like people are going overboard with this germ thing nowadays. You have so many germs on your phone and keyboard, much more than you would a moisturiser where you use your fingers, or a stick like this (after all they do add ingredients so bacteria won't grow abundant and you don't need to refridge).

Anyway, the product. Its cooling, slick to put on and it looks cute. Its not life changing, but gives a nice cooling sensation.

I use it on eyes in the morning, and on my neck and lips when its super hot.

on 3/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Love!! So adorable!! And feels so cooling and refreshing and makes my eyes feel better and depuffs

on 12/26/2015 4:35:00 PM

Doesn't make miracle, but useful for puffiness. Gives cooling effect, looks nice and portable. Good to use after sleep, helps to wake up more easily, worth buying just for this.

on 12/6/2015 6:08:00 PM

I used this at night before going to bed so that I dont wake up with puffy eyes - which is currently one of my concerns. Unfortunately this really does clog up a bit on my eye areas. I noticed 2 zits below my eyebrows and 1 zit under my eyes. This is the only eye treatment I introduced. It also doesnt have any cooling effect and practically just feel nothing when applied. It feels like a waste of money. Dont buy!