ColourPop Lippie Stix - All Colors

ColourPop Lippie Stix - All Colors

3.9

on 1/15/2018 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the $5, this is definitely worth it. I have brink in the matte formula and it looks very pretty on. It's not the most moisturizing lipstick, but my dry lips still feel comfortable when I wear this (even in the dead of winter). They last pretty well for a regular lipstick - I don't need to touch up after drinking but I do after eating (not that I expected it to last through a meal). It also seems to fade evenly so no weird patchiness in between touch ups either. I also prefer this more precise pencil shape versus the classic bullet. I realize you get less product but I have never, in my entire life, finished up a full bullet lipstick, so this doesn't bother me at all (especially after you consider the price).

I picked up a few during the recent colourpop sale (along with their eye shadow palettes, which I also like by the way), which they seem to have fairly frequently throughout the year. For the price, I'm really impressed with the formula and pigmentation. I do think the colour swatches online look a touch lighter than in real life, possibly due to studio lighting etc. So something to keep in mind when ordering.

The only thing I don't like about this is the scent. It's quite strong in my opinion, but it doesn't linger for long (only when I apply the product and shortly thereafter). It smells like plastic + vanilla. So it's a sweet odd smell that I really could just do without.

Would definitely recommend. Love that they're cruelty free and affordable.

on 12/8/2017 7:42:00 PM

I bought the six piece lippie stix "over brunch" and am quite disappointed. Only one of them has a reddish tint. The other five are in the brownish/taupe color family and barely distinguishable. This is a blah product. Won't purchase again.

on 11/11/2017 1:55:00 PM

These lipsticks have fundamentally changed the way I shop for makeup. The first Lippie Stix I bought was Lumiere, as I saw on MakeupAlley that it was a near perfect dupe for NARS Audacious in the color Anna. Much to my surprise, I started reaching for Lumiere more than Anna, and my collection of Lippie Stix has grown to an almost embarassingly large degree. The color pay off and longevity are just as good if not better than the high-end brands I've used. And while people mention that you're getting less product than regular lipsticks, I rarely 'hit pan' on a lipstick anyway. I love that I can pay a lot less and try more colors than I wouldn't normally need to.

I doubt that I'll go back to paying $30+ for a lipstick (as I've done for NARS) ever again. Thank you ColourPop!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

SHADE #Pillowtalk & #Parker

Oh my god. Hands down, if you're contemplating on whether or not to purchase this.. As long as the shade is perfect for you, just BUY it. It's formula is creamy but hard (not in a bad way, it helps distribute product easily unlike some other lippies that melt away and are impossible to spread out) and semi-pigmented so you can choose to have a little on your lips or apply a couple more layers for a gorgeous pigmented look. BUT this does not mean that the lippie stix is not pigmented, it's freaking beautiful but I love how it's not a burst of "in-your-face" colours. Because of it's thin shape, it's easy to line and fill the lips. Would seriously recommend!

**PROS**
Perfect and easy formula to work with, great for pros and makeup beginners.
Pigmentation is soo beautiful
Semi-matte finish
Budget friendly, it's so cheap!

**CONS**
None!

on 9/15/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

For 5 bucks I would buy this all day. I was so excited to receive this as I was finally able to choose a colourpop item for my IPSY subscription. This is unlike any lip product I have used before (I'm a drugstore gal). This formula is super pigmented. Mine is a hot pink and whoa. It actually looked pretty good! Went on so smooth and almost felt like I had nothing on. As soon as you apply it feels dried down. Totally opaque In just one coat. Didn't bleed or feather and was so easy to apply. I can tell when the stick gets lower that I am going to have to use an lip brush to get that sharp line. I'll be trying a lot more from colourpop!

UPDATE: I applied this with a lip brush. Much better method of application as using It straight from the tube I struggled a bit getting everything straight. You also use a fraction of the product with brush application. Gorgeous, definitely plan on purchasing more of this line.

I always try my friends lippie stix in the colour Kapish and I love it everytime. I am excited to order my own.

on 8/10/2017 7:31:00 AM

I have several shades, mostly the matte finishes. Poison is the perfect wearable red with a hint of brown. Tootsi is a nice greige best paired with a warm nude lip liner to avoid looking like a corpse. Grunge pulls very brown, and looks fabulous

These lippies apply and stay on well. It's a great way to try a more experimental shade in a high quality formula for a very affordable price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love these!! I own quite a few (Frida, Secret Stash, Lumiere, Bichette, Ellarie, Poison, Tootsi, and the primer). Secret Stash is a beautiful brick red that I wore for prom. It is the Matte X finish and it seems like that formula has the longest wear. From taking prom pics at 5pm to stumbling home from the after party in an Uber at 4am, I only had to reapply 3 times. Not bad for the price point.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think ColourPop's Lippie Stix are a good deal for someone who is new to makeup or who wants the most on-trend colors without paying a lot of money. For someone who already has a decent collection of lipsticks they aren't nearly as attractive. I own several, and I will continue to use them, but I doubt I'd buy more unless CP dropped some truly unique shades. The packaging is deceptive, because for the price you're getting VERY little product, but the skinny twist up tube makes it seem like there's more in there than there actually is. That's really been CP's whole strategy, and I find their packaging to be incredibly excessive because of that, especially on their Super Shock shadows and the Lippie Stix. When the range first launched there were a lot of weird, unique colors that one couldn't really walk into Walgreens or Target and pick up, but now it seems most of the interesting colors have been discontinued while the DS brands have added more greens, blues, and blacks to their lines. I just can't get all hyped up over something that I know is not very special and that also doesn't offer as much product as a similarly priced drug store product in terms of uniqueness and performance.

on 6/30/2017 6:21:00 AM

The packaging is cuteee. I received a thank you card as well. I'm a suckee for cute packaging. A++ for the packaging!! I ordered the shade topanga & lumiere. Topanga is a cute colour if you're going for a coral look. But one thing i don't like about Topanga; it's VERY VERY hard to remove. Even if you apply waterproof makeup remover. It makes your lip a but orangey and pinky after you remove your makeup. The second one is lumiere. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SHADE. If youre going for an everyday look, this shade is absolutely perfect for you!! I just loooveee colourpop and i wish they have physical store in Malaysia :( I've owned ultra matte lip also. Everything about colourpop is just worth it!! The price is affordable. Only $5 for a Lippie Stix. The quality is really good and the pigmentati n is great. I'm in love!

Popular Lipsticks