3.2

Reviews

2.0
from

7 years ago

Good moisturizer but for some reason it makes my skin break out so I will not repurchase it. Nice scent and texture though.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

The Body Shot Vitamin E Moisture Cream is a pink coloured, light cream with an almost gel consistency with a subtle scent that I don't find overpowering at all. It comes in a 50ml pot. Unfortunately I think The Body Shop have discontinued it because I can't find it on their website anymore, but I believe it cost about £10. I'm surprised at the reviews for this. I actually really like it. I have combination-oily skin and I use this on my cheeks and forehead where I get dry, and an oil-controlling mattifying lotion on my nose and chin where I get oily. I find this works fantastically on my dry patches and moisturises instantly. It gives a lovely, radiant, lit from within glow to my skin and doesn't make it look greasy or oily. It sinks in quickly and makes my skin feel super soft. I will be trying the Vitamin E Moisture Lotion with SPF15 when I run out of this, and I'm hoping it will be just as great.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

It's what you're looking for.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

My skin normally: OILY and SHINY especially by the end of the day and dull :/ After hearing rave reviews, me and my bff decided to both try this (along with some other stuff in the vitamin e line). Although I was a little hesitant due to the high price ($16 Canadian) a tub for this (and $20 a tub for the night cream)... the first day I tried it on, I was so surprised that my face wasn't really that oily by the end of the day. The texture is a nice light, gel-y texture that I like. My skin absorbed it quickly. I bought this during winter so I did have to use a bit more to moisturize but I'm sure this would make the perfect summer moisturizer for oily skin people like me!! :) My face also seems to glow a little more than before :) I've only been using it for a month. I wouldn't say I love it. I like it but I think it's more for the summer. I'll be updating after I finish the tub! IMO, this product is NOT for people with dry skin at all. It's definitely not moisturizing enough. The only thing I wished it had was SPF! (which my old moisturizer had)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I LOVE THIS!! It dosent break me out, or irritate my skin. it ,makes my skin, like VELVET! i am not exaggerating!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I have combo to oily skin and this by itself never makes me oilier than I would be normally. The trick is to not apply too much- I need less of this stuff than I need foundation. The texture was more gel-like than expected, but it absorbs into freshly cleansed skin that much easier. I prefer the smaller 'travel' pots that are only 0.5oz. That way I don't have to worry about things growing in the pot as much as they might if I were dipping into the larger pot. (If you like to buy large pots of skincare but are worried about how hygienic it is, just decant it into a smaller jar, simple.) They used to be 3/$10 which if you're measuring by how many fl oz you get, was cheaper than buying one reg size. Now they're $4 a piece, but that also means that it's available for the store wide promos (b3g2, b2g1, etc). I don't use this everyday because I like to switch things up, but it's never broken me out or otherwise irritated my skin. It's not the best hydrator, but it provides a comfy barrier that I'm content with.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

1.0

7 years ago

I've got norm/combination skin and I always have on and off breakouts all over my face, esp t zone. I use this product only on the healing pimples (no heads) and I only apply a little bit of it each time. However, it causes my skin around the pimple to break out badly. My face is now full of white heads now, because of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY IT

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

7 years ago

i bought the super mini cream which is sold for 3$ i guess on TBS Bazaar.. so many good review abt this product but it doesnt work for me. break me out and has such strong scent that i cant stand either.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

2.0

7 years ago

This is an okay product.. First of all, the smell is so strong that I honestly don't feel like putting it on my face. It has a gel like texture which makes it good for my combination skin, but I don't feel that it does anything for my skin. Ok maybe it gives a temporary glow when I've just applied it, but that's where it ends. Also, its way too overpriced for the tiny amount you get. And yes, this cream broke me out. Sad, since this is quite a famous product, but I guess I'm not lucky when it comes to TBS skincare. I've switched to Nivea soft which is a much better alternative and I'm quite happy.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

7 years ago

Although the body shop can be a bit pricey at times i thought this cream was worth it as a little goes a long way and you're skin feels so soft and smooth after using it. the only bad thing about it is if you use too much you're skin does look a bit oily but i use this at night when going to bed so that doesn't bother me so much. would definitely recommend this to a friend.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm