3.2

$20.00 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

7 years ago

i bought this products some weeks ago, because i really needed a moisturizer and i've always liked bodyshop so i went there and got this one. and i felt in love first time using it! it smells so good and fresh and soo moisturizing and silky smooth on my skin! i have normal/combination and pretty sensitive skin so i've had a hard time finding a good cream for my skin and now i've found the best ever! love this so much. :) i use this daytime , after my cleanser and if i put this on in the morning my skin feels moisturized and fresh all day!the only two little thing that i did not love about the product would be that it leaves your skin a bit greasy right after you put it on and it take a minute or two for it to dry in! but when it has, it looks great! and also that it comes in a jar, would be a lot more hygienic if it was in a tube or a pump i think. but it works cause it has this little plastic lid inside so you can use that when your applying it, if you dont want to put your fingers in! so this is a really good and not to pricey day cream and it will probably work good on the most skin types exept if you have really oily skin , then this might be to much. i will definitely buy this again! / hope it helped you! hugs ^^

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Although I absolutely love this moisturiser and it's perfect for my combination (normal/dry unless I'm nearing that time of the month and then I'll be normal/oily) skin, I do understand how this product has so many bad reviews. It is definitely not for people with dry skin. Even I don't use it in the winter because it's just not moisturising enough. I'm actually on my second tub and although this tub has lasted me ages, I finished my first tub, which I bought in January, super super quickly because I'd have to put SO much on to moisturise my face properly. I didn't mind this though because no matter how much of this moisturiser you put on, your skin does not feel greasy. As this moisturiser never made my face feel greasy, I decided to use it in summer and now this is my favourite summer moisturiser. I'd only recommend this if you have combination skin and you use it in summer or you have oily skin.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

from

8 years ago

I got this moisturizer as a gift 2 years ago and back then my skin wasn't bad at all and I wasnt worried about my skin care routine because I never had really bad skin. I stopped using this cream after I ran out of 2 tins and it was a little expensive to get it again. Between then and now I have been using different moisturizers, cleansers, toners, home remedies, and I have never been obsessed about skin care more than ever. About a month ago my forehead started getting so many tiny little clogged pores, I don't know why. I thought it was some sort of allergy or something to do with hormones or maybe the stuff I was putting on my face was not suitable for my skin. At this point I was so desperate for a smoother forehead that I put all kinds of stuff on it. This wasn't good at all! However, 3 days ago I came across this cream at a shop at an airport and then I remembered how perfect my skin was 2 years ago, and I bought it with the cleanser. 3 days into it and the bumps on my forehead have shrunk so much, are barely visible, and are almost gone! It makes my face feel so smooth and soft and it looks so much healthier. Love the smell too! I apply at night right before I go to bed, and in the morning when I wake up. I'm going to stock up on these for life! Bodyshop, please please don't discontinue it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

8 years ago

The first week i used this, my skin is smoother and more radiant. My skin absorbed it very well. Then, the second week and and the rest of it: it works like dirt cheap moisturizer. my skin didn't glow anymore and i felt like using nothing on my face. Besides, it the tub run out so quickly, less than 3 months. also that kind of packaging is not hygienic at all! Considering the price and the not-so-good effect on my skin, i will definitely not buy this cream again in my life, EVER.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I love this!! I've been looking for a good moisturizer for quite some time, and I had a gift card for the body shop so I figured I might as well get it because it would only be two dollars. The lady at the counter asked me if I had very dry skin because otherwise it would make me oily or greasy and I told her I did have very dry skin (not true) and I probably looked like an oily faced idiot because it was like 100 degrees outside and I was sweaty and gross. But anyway, I really like this stuff!! It hasnt made me breakout or get a rash like I read in some other reviews. Its super nourishing, and you really do need a small amount so it lasts quite a while. The packaging isnt my favorite, but i'll live. Overall, It moisturizes and is supposedly good for me skin. It doesnt make my skin oily or greasy, just soft. It doesnt irritate my skin, and its water based:)

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

I started using this after a visit to an esthitician. I had been using Biore pore unclogging scrub along with the toner, and after about 3 weeks or so 3 or 4 painful papules formed on my the side of my nose, jaw line, and forehead. I don't have acne prone skin, and really hadn't had a breakout in over a year, especially not the painful under the skin infection type. She told me the salicylic acid in the products had essentially over-exfoliated my skin, leaving it shiny & sensitive and eventually skin infection inflamation. She reccomended I use something gentle and moisturizing to heal my skin, then she said vitamin e will soothe my skin. I ordered this along with the toner & cleanser. It literally soothed my skin after the first three uses. My skin was soft, it healed the already dried up acne marks from the Biore fiasco. I use VERY little of this moisturizer, a dot on my cheeks, forehead, and chin and I massage it in. If you use too much, it won't absorb fully & will kind of sit on the skin. I only use this at night, because it's so moisturizing I don't know how my make up with cooperate with it. But overall, this healed my skin & made it feel very soft & it looks so healthy.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

8 years ago

Wow. Not a good choice for me - I broke out in a terrible rash w/ blisters along my jaw line - uh, yeah, won't be purchasing this again :(

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

Don't know why this product doesn't have better reviews/ratings. I am now pretty in love with the whole Vitamin E line, it feels very natural but yet so very moisturizing (and they all smell great!) I was looking for something really moisturizing for the dry Canadian winter and my skin had started peeling (which is unusual so I was pretty worried and needed something to soothe my skin which were itchy in some areas due to over-dryness). And this cream worked like a dream. My irritated skin calmed down within two days (or less) and became very smooth, supple and it looked considerably brighter. The itch was gone too! I wear it under my make up in the day and use the Vit E night cream for the night all through winter. Will probably be repurchasing it I don't find any more wondrous moisturizer!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

8 years ago

I was looking for a good moisturizer for my face and was at The Body Shop. There was a stack of this Vitamin E Moisture Cream with a fancy sign next to it that said "CULT PRODUCT" and then a friend of mine (who in retrospect has never recommended anything good) told me she liked it, so I went for it. I don't think it was worth the money (especially since it wasn't on sale). I agree with reviewers who said it's more greasy than moisturizing. I'm also not crazy about the smell. It's not that bad, didn't break me out or anything, I liked the size and appearance of the package (but not the fact that you always have to dip your fingers in). However, the price is a little steep for what it's worth. I think Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme is a great alternative to this. WAY cheaper for one, also has much fewer ingredients and no parabens, this product is absolutely loaded with all sorts of parabens and odd things. I think I'm finally at that point in my life where I realize how overrated TBS is, their products are disappointing and very very far from natural.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark

HairBrown

EyesBlack

from

8 years ago

I just LOVE this moisturiser! I have combination skin that actually needs a lot of moisture and if it doesn't, it gets really oily. It also gets very oily if product i apply is too heavy and so on. It's kinda hard for me to find a good face cream that's very moisturising, but not greasy and heavy. I used to wake up with face so oily like someone has spilled oil all over my face while i was sleeping. But now i apply this cream (very generously) before sleeping and my skin is soft and not even a bit oily in the morning. I'd like it if they'd make it in a pump bottle or tube as pots are not very hygienic, but i can live with this for now.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35