Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm
Black Label Detox BB Beauty BalmBlack Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

on 5/18/2017 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This isn't just a no for me, it's a hell no. Too light and too pink for my skin tone (NC20). Medium coverage but was so greasy I had to set it with a ton of powder and continuously blot and powder throughout the day (I should mention I had my uber mattifying Biore SS on under it). Seemed to accentuate fine lines as soon as I applied it, then continued to settle in them throughout the day. I strongly recommend trying a sample before buying. Thank goodness I did. Sample is going straight into the trash.

on 5/13/2017 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Among the three Dr. Jart BB creams that I have tried (Black label detox, Silver label rejuvenating, Water Fuse), this one is my 2nd favorite next to the silver label. All three BB cream shades are a match for my NC20 skintone. I sometimes mix this with the silver label in the summer months. The black label offers medium coverage and works with any skintype as long as it is set properly. I also find it more moisturising compared to the silver label.

For reference:
Silver label = full coverage
Black label =medium coverage
Water fuse = light coverage

My HG is silver label because of its foundation like coverage, looks natural when set properly, and good in oil control.

Here's a comparison and swatches of the three BB creams:

normhttp://www.miss-shopcoholic.com/2013/07/dr-jart-bb-cream-swatches-and-comparison.html?m=0al

on 3/31/2017 9:45:00 PM

Tried this after posting on mua looking for something natural looking that lasted. I'm so happy this was suggested! The color is perfect. I'm super pale and can never find a good match. This lasts all day, I just powder my nose late afternoon after putting this on 8am at the latest. I found using Becca Mattifying primer takes care of that too. This looks so natural and feels like nothing on my skin. Yet it covers everything. Going to add a drop of Makeup Forever Waterblend just to see what that does. I was loving the staying power of that but my new bottle looked crazy shiny on my skin.

on 10/13/2016 12:30:00 PM

If you are not NW20-NW25 (maybe 30) this probably won't match your skin tone at all. It skews a little pink and has very little shade range.

That said I'm an NW20 and it was pretty much perfect for me. I love the consistency, the coverage was light to medium but buildable and the zinc oxide in there wasn't too chalk like once it adjusted. It last for most of the day, started to break down at about the 6-7 hour mark but it didn't look bad it just didn't cover as much.

First of all, I want to address the MAJOR flaw with this product. It only comes in one shade -- and isn't accommodating of a range beyond fair/light medium. This is extremely unfortunate, and the sole reason why I lopped off a lipstick tube on its overall rating. Everyone should be able to use this lovely buttery BB cream. It's a treat for your skin. Over the winter I used a thick, full coverage concealer stick because I've been dealing with great scourge of adult acne. In the heat, that's cumbersome and clotty so I switched to this. If you're looking to pare down your routine and make it more heat and garbage sweat-friendly, this will make you look like a summer angel. For a lightweight BB cream, it provides lovely, dewy and nourishing coverage. It gives off a glowy, off-duty model, got out of bed like this look. It also smoothes out dark circles, and diffuses light spectacularly over blemishes. It is one of those products that has felt really transformative to my look and to my beauty routine.

This is my HG base. Wasn't expecting it to be but I nabbed a sample from Sephora and that was it; we're now in a long-term relationship (although not exclusive. Is that weird? That's weird).

The color is perfect on my very fair, but ruddy, complexion and it has decent lasting power. I run combo-to-oily in the summer and combo-dry in the winter and as long as I'm consistent with my skincare this works 365 days of the year with no breakouts, no slide-offs, no oxidation.

Love it.

I will definitely rebuy.
Dr. Jart Black Label Detox is my FAV, perfect color match with my pale caucasian skin, covers great, a tiny bit goes a long way. This looks good on even without powder. I put this on over a silicone blur primer like Garnier 5-sec blur, set with a tiny bit of Elf HD (white) powder and nothing moves all day, my skin looks so much smoother. Plus it has SPF.
Dr. Jart Renewalist is another great one, works lovely. Very light toned, you may have to adjust with powder and blush. Works fantastic as a concealer around the nose and t-zone.

Skin79 VIP Gold is another good one but the color tends to be a little too dark & grayish--wish it came in a pale caucasian color.

on 10/7/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream, though have great coverage, is too pale for my medium asian skin. Also, I would need to wear mosturizers first before using this BB, if not, it will look dry and cakey for my face. It looks good on camera though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This glided like silk over skin and quite impressed how well it evened skin tone. Checked in the mirror a few minutes later to see how my skin looked once BB set. It had not seeped into fine lines and pores, and skin looked and felt hydrated. Good coverage without looking thick and cakey. Finish is a soft, pretty, semi-dewey look.

Two major drawbacks: 1)BB is too light for my skin tone 2)After thirty minutes, this had oxidized to the point I would not have felt comfortable leaving my house wearing this. Don't want to walk around with a red face.

If Dr. Jart decides to add another shade to this line, will definitely try it out and keep my fingers crossed shade matches and it doesn't oxidize. Sans those two issues, this is a good BB for all ages, especially the 40+ crowd.

on 12/4/2015 9:28:00 PM

this is the best BB cream I have ever used.
None other BB creams last over couple of hours, but this one lasts whole day without peeling.
Great natural colour that blends in with my natural skin colour very well, very moisturised and fine texture.
Overall it is the best natural looking BB cream.