Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm
Black Label Detox BB Beauty BalmBlack Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

3.9

Ugh. I got this at a sample sale, so thankfully the price was right, but not right enough as I'm either going to give it away or throw it away, as I'm not sure who would want it with that gross brush on it. I like a little glow as much as the next girl. But I put this one and I was like holographic. I tried to tone it down with powder but nothing was stopping that over the top illumination all. over. my. face. I finally washed my face and started over again with a different product. The only thing I could think to use this with would be as a highlighter on small swatches of the face, like the top of the cheekbones or something.

I’m on my 4th bottle of this now. I’ve tried other B.B. creams (mostly because I like to try new things) and I always end up returning them and getting this one again. I’m quite fair with pink undertones and this matches perfectly fine, both in winter and when I’m tanner in the summer. It really does “melt” into your skin tone. It’s the best coverage I’ve had in a B.B. cream, about medium. Leaves a nice dewy finish. My one big negative is I HATE he pump bottle. There is so much product stuck in there after the pump stops working... I end up having to knock it out on my hand from the bottle for a good month or more, and then eventually cut the bottle open and get the rest of it out. If you threw this out as soon as the pump stopped giving product, you’d probably waste 1/3 of the bottle.

on 6/5/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm currently out and fear its been discontinued, I can't find it in stock anywhere. This is one of the few BB creams that actually work with my skin. It truly hides my imperfections, to the point where I use it as a foundation base too. I can quickly apply this along with a little powder and I'm good for a day. Even when it starts to fade, it still looks natural on my face.

on 5/18/2017 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This isn't just a no for me, it's a hell no. Too light and too pink for my skin tone (NC20). Medium coverage but was so greasy I had to set it with a ton of powder and continuously blot and powder throughout the day (I should mention I had my uber mattifying Biore SS on under it). Seemed to accentuate fine lines as soon as I applied it, then continued to settle in them throughout the day. I strongly recommend trying a sample before buying. Thank goodness I did. Sample is going straight into the trash.

on 5/13/2017 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Among the three Dr. Jart BB creams that I have tried (Black label detox, Silver label rejuvenating, Water Fuse), this one is my 2nd favorite next to the silver label. All three BB cream shades are a match for my NC20 skintone. I sometimes mix this with the silver label in the summer months. The black label offers medium coverage and works with any skintype as long as it is set properly. I also find it more moisturising compared to the silver label.

For reference:
Silver label = full coverage
Black label =medium coverage
Water fuse = light coverage

My HG is silver label because of its foundation like coverage, looks natural when set properly, and good in oil control.

Here's a comparison and swatches of the three BB creams:

normhttp://www.miss-shopcoholic.com/2013/07/dr-jart-bb-cream-swatches-and-comparison.html?m=0al

on 3/31/2017 9:45:00 PM

Tried this after posting on mua looking for something natural looking that lasted. I'm so happy this was suggested! The color is perfect. I'm super pale and can never find a good match. This lasts all day, I just powder my nose late afternoon after putting this on 8am at the latest. I found using Becca Mattifying primer takes care of that too. This looks so natural and feels like nothing on my skin. Yet it covers everything. Going to add a drop of Makeup Forever Waterblend just to see what that does. I was loving the staying power of that but my new bottle looked crazy shiny on my skin.

on 10/13/2016 12:30:00 PM

If you are not NW20-NW25 (maybe 30) this probably won't match your skin tone at all. It skews a little pink and has very little shade range.

That said I'm an NW20 and it was pretty much perfect for me. I love the consistency, the coverage was light to medium but buildable and the zinc oxide in there wasn't too chalk like once it adjusted. It last for most of the day, started to break down at about the 6-7 hour mark but it didn't look bad it just didn't cover as much.

First of all, I want to address the MAJOR flaw with this product. It only comes in one shade -- and isn't accommodating of a range beyond fair/light medium. This is extremely unfortunate, and the sole reason why I lopped off a lipstick tube on its overall rating. Everyone should be able to use this lovely buttery BB cream. It's a treat for your skin. Over the winter I used a thick, full coverage concealer stick because I've been dealing with great scourge of adult acne. In the heat, that's cumbersome and clotty so I switched to this. If you're looking to pare down your routine and make it more heat and garbage sweat-friendly, this will make you look like a summer angel. For a lightweight BB cream, it provides lovely, dewy and nourishing coverage. It gives off a glowy, off-duty model, got out of bed like this look. It also smoothes out dark circles, and diffuses light spectacularly over blemishes. It is one of those products that has felt really transformative to my look and to my beauty routine.

This is my HG base. Wasn't expecting it to be but I nabbed a sample from Sephora and that was it; we're now in a long-term relationship (although not exclusive. Is that weird? That's weird).

The color is perfect on my very fair, but ruddy, complexion and it has decent lasting power. I run combo-to-oily in the summer and combo-dry in the winter and as long as I'm consistent with my skincare this works 365 days of the year with no breakouts, no slide-offs, no oxidation.

Love it.

I will definitely rebuy.
Dr. Jart Black Label Detox is my FAV, perfect color match with my pale caucasian skin, covers great, a tiny bit goes a long way. This looks good on even without powder. I put this on over a silicone blur primer like Garnier 5-sec blur, set with a tiny bit of Elf HD (white) powder and nothing moves all day, my skin looks so much smoother. Plus it has SPF.
Dr. Jart Renewalist is another great one, works lovely. Very light toned, you may have to adjust with powder and blush. Works fantastic as a concealer around the nose and t-zone.

Skin79 VIP Gold is another good one but the color tends to be a little too dark & grayish--wish it came in a pale caucasian color.