Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Last night, I bought this in shade 370 which matched my skin perfectly and went on beautifully. I was like WOW! All this time I could've been saving money by using Maybelline instead of high-end brands. So I go on about my morning. Finish getting dressed. Put my shoes on etc etc. I go to look in the mirror to take the bobby pins out my hair, and my face is that horrid gray/greenish color. This happened with 15 minutes of application. I had to tweak it with some other brand of foundationto feel comfortable leaving the house. I will try it one more time but if the same happens, I'm done with it. Also, I did not put any powder on top that could've affected the foundation.

on 9/21/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this daily for 5 months and I must say I like it. it's lightweight, easy to blend, matte with a normal coverage. I live in hot and humid weather so full coverage, heavy duty is not for me. This one covers my imperfections without looking cakey.
It also has a very good shade for me 340 Capuccino. and for the price, I'm more than satisfied.
My complaints: 1. the bottle, Maybelline stop being cheap and get a damn pump. what the heck! 2. the longevity could be better, it tends to disappear around the 4/5 hours mark

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought 362 truffle and 368 and they BOTH had a grey undertone. I am so disappointed in this foundation because I heard so much about it. Check out my full review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This was a product that I tried after buying and decided it was no good for since the coverage is very light.

A couple of weeks ago I tried again. Using the buffing brush this foundation looked beautiful. I used a heavier foundation on my trouble spots and felt flawless. Thats before the rashy/spottiness started later da a few days later..... My face became rough and bumpy.

Now that I have seen the ingredients it makes sense. Alcohol is in the top ingredients and that aggravates my skin. This is a shame because I do think the finish and lightweight texture is quite appealing and natural for summer but I'm not going to put it on my skin ever again.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've tried this at least 3 different times in my short life and each time I was heavily disappointed! I have dry-combo skin, but they dont have a shade for me in the Dewy version so I stuck trying this. Skin types of all kinds hoot and holler about it but I just don't get it....even with a hydrating primer and super moisturized skin it felt drying. It was also so patchy that I couldn't cover any of my hyper-pigmentation or even get an even coverage on my less marked areas! It also oxidizes something fierce, I found an ok color match that I can use for reference, but this is a terrible foundation. The only good thing about it is the price, availability, and the addition of darker shades!

on 5/2/2017 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I think this is a great foundation for the price. I'm super oily and this does a great job of controlling oil. The coverage is medium to full. I do have to blot when I wear this but almost as much as I blot with my Estée Lauder Double Wear so I'm not complaining. I'm NC50 and I wear 355 coconut

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I travel a lot and do a lot of client interactions so I have to look amazing at all times. I normally wear my faithful Double Wear but I hate to burn through a 40 buck foundation. I was introduced to this product and have fallen in love. I was a bit nervous since it's drugstore but this really comes up there with those higher end products. I like that there are colors that match my melanin-enriched skin beautifully and the formula rocks. I use my MUFE matte primer and then put this on and set with MAC's MSF. Flawless and matte finish that as the day progresses will end up in a nice glowy-not grease ball finish. Def a win especially if it's on BOGO.

on 12/28/2016 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is great for the price, especially if you're on a budget but I can definitely admit I prefer other drugstore foundation: Revlon Colorstay. It's lasting power is what pains me! I usually don't need to blot but within three hours I look oily with this foundation and I don't even have oily skin! So make sure you use a good primer and set it well... Besides it's longevity I can definitely vouch that it's a great product, gives a natural matte finish, and really makes you look poreless. I'll give it a four!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use 360 Mocha, which is the darkest shade they have and there are people darker than me so the deep shades don't go so far. Besides that, I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly. The only problem is this foundation does not come in a pump bottle, but other than that it is amazing.

*UPDATE* Maybelline now has new shades in this foundation. Now my darker girls can find their match as 360 Mocha is no longer the darkest.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product is great, but not Holy Grail. The color selection, and price make this appealing, but the packaging, and 'face dead' matte finish require a little bit more makeup to bring skin back to natural.

PACKAGING
The packaging on this product is shit- a glass bottle makes me nervous, and the lack of pump isn't sanitary. You can transfer the product to a pump bottle for makeup you can buy on Amazon, but in the end you're still losing product.

COLOR
I think oxidization could be a problem with this foundation- I used the shade Coconut, which oxidized dark orange on me, but I haven't had problems with Toffee/Caramel. Other than that, I think the shade selection is great, and at the price, I can afford to purchase more to mix and match.

COVERAGE AND TEXTURE
I only wear foundation if I'm going out or have an event to attend- the foundation is medium coverage, but easily build-able to full coverage. I also mix it with Embryolise to thin out the coverage, especially if my face is feeling a little dry that day.

WEAR TIME
This product also transfers easily- so it's important to use primer. I also like using a sponge (I prefer Real Techniques) to get all the product around my face and remove any excess. Whenever I wear this, I don't get oily for about 5 hours, which is pretty ok for me. Oil starts to peek through at the 3 hour mark, but not in a gross way. A little powder can probably lengthen the wear time.