Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 9/21/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this daily for 5 months and I must say I like it. it's lightweight, easy to blend, matte with a normal coverage. I live in hot and humid weather so full coverage, heavy duty is not for me. This one covers my imperfections without looking cakey.
It also has a very good shade for me 340 Capuccino. and for the price, I'm more than satisfied.
My complaints: 1. the bottle, Maybelline stop being cheap and get a damn pump. what the heck! 2. the longevity could be better

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought 362 truffle and 368 and they BOTH had a grey undertone. I am so disappointed in this foundation because I heard so much about it. Check out my full review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This was a product that I tried after buying and decided it was no good for since the coverage is very light.

A couple of weeks ago I tried again. Using the buffing brush this foundation looked beautiful. I used a heavier foundation on my trouble spots and felt flawless. Thats before the rashy/spottiness started later da a few days later..... My face became rough and bumpy.

Now that I have seen the ingredients it makes sense. Alcohol is in the top ingredients and that aggravates my skin. This is a shame because I do think the finish and lightweight texture is quite appealing and natural for summer but I'm not going to put it on my skin ever again.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've tried this at least 3 different times in my short life and each time I was heavily disappointed! I have dry-combo skin, but they dont have a shade for me in the Dewy version so I stuck trying this. Skin types of all kinds hoot and holler about it but I just don't get it....even with a hydrating primer and super moisturized skin it felt drying. It was also so patchy that I couldn't cover any of my hyper-pigmentation or even get an even coverage on my less marked areas! It also oxidizes something fierce, I found an ok color match that I can use for reference, but this is a terrible foundation. The only good thing about it is the price, availability, and the addition of darker shades!

on 5/2/2017 2:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I think this is a great foundation for the price. I'm super oily and this does a great job of controlling oil. The coverage is medium to full. I do have to blot when I wear this but almost as much as I blot with my Estée Lauder Double Wear so I'm not complaining. I'm NC50 and I wear 355 coconut

on 12/28/2016 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is great for the price, especially if you're on a budget but I can definitely admit I prefer other drugstore foundation: Revlon Colorstay. It's lasting power is what pains me! I usually don't need to blot but within three hours I look oily with this foundation and I don't even have oily skin! So make sure you use a good primer and set it well... Besides it's longevity I can definitely vouch that it's a great product, gives a natural matte finish, and really makes you look poreless. I'll give it a four!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use 360 Mocha, which is the darkest shade they have and there are people darker than me so the deep shades don't go so far. Besides that, I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly. The only problem is this foundation does not come in a pump bottle, but other than that it is amazing.

*UPDATE* Maybelline now has new shades in this foundation. Now my darker girls can find their match as 360 Mocha is no longer the darkest.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product is great, but not Holy Grail. The color selection, and price make this appealing, but the packaging, and 'face dead' matte finish require a little bit more makeup to bring skin back to natural.

PACKAGING
The packaging on this product is shit- a glass bottle makes me nervous, and the lack of pump isn't sanitary. You can transfer the product to a pump bottle for makeup you can buy on Amazon, but in the end you're still losing product.

COLOR
I think oxidization could be a problem with this foundation- I used the shade Coconut, which oxidized dark orange on me, but I haven't had problems with Toffee/Caramel. Other than that, I think the shade selection is great, and at the price, I can afford to purchase more to mix and match.

COVERAGE AND TEXTURE
I only wear foundation if I'm going out or have an event to attend- the foundation is medium coverage, but easily build-able to full coverage. I also mix it with Embryolise to thin out the coverage, especially if my face is feeling a little dry that day.

WEAR TIME
This product also transfers easily- so it's important to use primer. I also like using a sponge (I prefer Real Techniques) to get all the product around my face and remove any excess. Whenever I wear this, I don't get oily for about 5 hours, which is pretty ok for me. Oil starts to peek through at the 3 hour mark, but not in a gross way. A little powder can probably lengthen the wear time.

on 5/3/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been on a drugstore foundation kick for a while now. This has been a pleasant experience, I use it in the shade Coconut and I am NW45 in MAC's range of foundations for reference. This is more of a medium coverage foundation. I do not see it as having mattifying or long wearing properties. I get oily quite quickly with this and that is after using my Becca mattifying primer underneath. That should be noted because if you have oily skin, this will not help in concealing it. What pleases me about this foundation is the fact that it cost me $6 at Target and photographs so unbelievably beautifully. Seriously, I wore this all last week to work and took a selfie every day at my desk and there was no flashback, nothing but good healthy-looking skin looking back at me. I don't think I will repurchase this but I will use up the whole bottle. It is great for a quick beat down to go to the grocery store on the weekends.
**UPDATE 05/19/2016** Officially upgraded to 5 lippies from 4 and this is why. I applied this with the Sephora Airbrush Foundation Brush #56 which gave me FULL COVERAGE ladies and gentlemen! Second, I applied the Becca primer as usual and used a loose powder as always but then sealed the foundation with a misting of Urban Decay De-Slick All Nighter Spray. This makes it STAY on for a straight 8 hours! Now the biggest thing that makes this my HG drugstore foundation is the shade #355 Coconut and how it just melts into my skin as a perfect match! I love that there is a slight red undertone because that is my skin tone! When applying a foundation so thickly, it is important that it matches. Lastly, this makes my skin look very smooth and yes, poreless. I do not necessarily suffer from enlarged pores but there are some foundations that can make me look like I do. I went and purchased a backup from WalMart for $5.94. I am in love!
**UPDATE 01/09/2017** Dupe for my OG HG MAC Studio Fix Fluid!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

It was very difficult for me to find my color match. I finally decided on 335-classic tan. I find that I waste a lot of the product because it doesn't have a pump. It's medium to full coverage which I do like. It keeps me matte for the most part of my day. I'm on the fence on it I would pick up this product again.