Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 9/5/2018 5:57:00 PM

For me the foundation didn’t fit, even if it looked amazing like the first 2 hours on the day before it started to glace and get oily. I used alot of tranparent pouder to set it but regardless of what it did end upp de same every day. Notice that I don’t useed any primer, anyways. My forhead is al shiney, my check halfway with out any foundation and under my underey baking it’s always a line at the same place everytimr where it won’t stay on even if i put on the same amount as under the eyes. I’m shiney pretty much all over after about 4 hours anf it looks terrible at the end of the day.

Anyways, i like the tube packeging (that we have over here) bc you het pretty much all out of it whrn it starts to run out, and you feel how light whight it has when it starts to run out.

And pretty much this was my verry first foundation and i’ve been useing it for 2-3 years, and it has always been like this. Mabye it’s my pouder, anyways. I like the price like cheep but still good even if it oxidises like way much so like the lightest shade even get to dark anf i’m not that pale.

But still it’s a good first foundation or everyday nice for everyday use (but for people who not ahve my skin tho haha), and like spend a little money on a good relly cheap foundation. And it does relly look flawless on pretty much evryone but me then. And i like it even if it’s not the best one for me bc different reasons, Anyways:)

on 8/15/2018 10:06:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation! It's one of my favorites. Great application and wear. Evens out my complexion with long lasting power. I tried other cheaper foundations but found this one works better with my skin. Love it!

on 8/11/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. It's a natural satin-matte finish and has medium to full coverage. I always pick it up when I see it on sale. My oily skin still shines through during the day with this, but nothing a little powder can't fix. For the price,you can't beat it.

on 7/9/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mine in the shade 228 soft tan. I have neutral undertone, olive skin. Altho 228 appear too yellow on me at first, after it oxidized, it matches me just fine. I was super happy to purchase just the right shade for me.

I really2 like this foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I have to say, altho it dries down matte, it's actually a semi-matte finish. It doesn't control oil as much as many thought it would be.

Tho, this really is a great foundation for oily skin.
I would usually apply rimmel stay matte primer beforehand and set it with rimmel stay matte powder/maybelline fit me pressed powder/coty airspun loose powder. And it stayed all day long.

This foundation is super easy to blend, gives your skin looking natural, medium coverage and not cakey whatsoever. It covers all the redness and evens out the skin tone.

You gotta try this with its fit me pressed powder. It goes really well together. The combo helps in reducing the visible of pores and keeps oil at bay much longer.
It dries matte fast but not immediately. So make sure you blend it all right after you apply to the face.

I can understand all the bad reviews this foundation is getting. Tho, it's not really this foundation's fault.

Here are few tips for you to overcome this foundation's cons:

- oxidize: choose 1-2 shades lighter. Swatch/test the foundation till it oxidized before you purchase.

- doesn't control oil: each and every foundation needed to be set with a good, mattifying powder. It doesn't matter if the foundation claims to be a matte finish. It still needed to be set with powder for it to stay all day long. Besides that, wear a good mattifying primer underneath the foundation.

- doesn't come with a pump: yeah, it is truly unfortunate. Tho if this bothers you so much, mac sells foundation pumps. I believe it will fit this foundation just fine.

on 5/4/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my ID/passport photo foundation, as it is cheap and 228 Soft Tan matches my undertones. It is a bit *light*, but still tolerable with some "warmth" added on top.

This foundation is not too thick, not thin, and imparts a build-able, medium coverage. I find that I don't need to set this foundation, but it doesn't get too powdery on my dehydrated skin.

The best part: this foundation does *not* oxidize on my skin--it stays olive all day. I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40, and finding a foundation that nails my olive skin is a feat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am oily, lighter olive, very break-out prone, with some hyperpigmentation. I can’t find a perfect shade unfortunately. I’ve tried 4 colors and the color is either too warm, too cool, or too pink.

This doesn’t cover my hyperpigmentation completely BUT I can do a full face of this stuff with my blender two times and it doesn’t look cakey and will cover everything. This is not full coverage at all it’s definitely medium coverage. It also claims to be matte but I would call it semi-matte. This formula doesn’t oxidize at all from my experience.

It stays put all day BUT I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray soo I really don’t know what it’s actual staying power is like. This doesn’t break up around oily areas which is awesome and it stays looking relatively good by the end of a 12 hour day. I HAVE experienced patchiness by the end of the day however.

Overall I think this is a good buy even just for a backup foundation. For the price it’s pretty awesome and there are very few things I would change if I had the chance.

on 4/1/2018 7:27:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised at this foundation! I usually use prestige cosmetics, but decided to try this on a whim due to my skin getting some sun and didn’t feel like going to Sephora. I gave it a wear test without my usual Laura Mercier powder and my Tarte shape tape, and it did pretty good. Definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable. One trick though to make the coverage smoother. I used Tartes Maracuja oil as a primer beforehand, and the finish was lovely. Definitely choose the correct primer for your skin type, and I think you will be pleased with the results.

Overall, I personally like it. I do have a combination of dry & oily skin. Depending on the time of year. When my face is going through a dry spell, I will not use this foundation though. It makes my face feel & look even more dry. I also found that this foundation does have a weird dryish-textured feeling after it is applied onto the skin. However, it does stay on all day. I dont have to reapply, & It has great coverage so I dont have to use a lot. So, In all I like it. & I would recommend this to a friend!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It did not do what it promised, I was already an oily mess after an hour or too and it looked cakey. Not great coverage either.

on 11/8/2017 12:14:00 PM

Snagged one of these when it went on sale — I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for its price and I will definitely buy this again even if it's not on sale. I never thought my first review would be on a Maybelline product, but the value-for-money in this foundation really blew me away! This may very well be my new favourite drugstore foundation.

Coverage is light to medium only, so don't expect a lot. It feels light even though I put primer underneath it. It did not make me too oily considering that I have combination skin & I'm in a humid, tropical country.

The only complaint I have would be the packaging. I really wish it came with a pump, but it didn't.

Regardless, I would definitely buy this again!