Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

on 8/6/2018 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My face become oily after around 4 hours after application, around the nose and cheeks area, which is very normal. I love how this foundation does not crack around lips area (this happened with all of my foundation, I use beauty sponge for application. However this foundation does oxidize, 1 to 2 shades darker. The only problem with this foundation is the packaging, if only they put pump, I have no problem at all.

on 7/1/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best drugstore foundation ever. It beats my L'oreal Infallible pro-matte and also my Bodyshop Fresh Nude. Meanwhile, if I nab it on sale, it ends up costing me roughly 6$ CAD! I wear it in Sun Beige and it matches me perfectly; it blends great with my Tarte foundation brush but I think I prefer my beauty blender for giving me a flawless, even complexion. If I use my beauty blender, I can even skip out on a primer. My only complaint: I wish it came in a pump so it wouldn't be so darn messy. UPDATE: I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. For the dirt-cheap price, it's excellent makeup and its efficiency surpasses that of much more expensive products. However it's not without flaws and I'll break it down with pros and cons to better explain my thoughts. PROS: Matte medium coverage, blends particularly well with a beauty blender for a natural look or a brush for more coverage (it does an amazing job at covering some of my undereye circles and I have worn this without concealer), inexpensive, great shade range (Sun Beige is my go-to), not overly scented  CONS: After 4-5 hours, this completely breaks apart on my T-Zone which is quite oily, so much so that you'd think I didn't even apply any makeup at all. It also fades a bit from my undereyes but not as much since the skin in that area is normal. This happens regardless of whether I set or even bake. The other con is the bottle. The no-pump situation makes for pouring out too much product which leads to messes on my vanity. Conclusion: Great foundation for the price but may be better-suited towards normal to drier skin. Someone with very dry skin could easily add a drop of oil to the mix and achieve a great look. I know Matte + Poreless is geared towards Normal to Oily but my treacherous t-zone is just too strong for it!

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it. I also decided not to separately buy their dewy version and instead add 1 drop of argan oil when it turns winter.

on 3/8/2018 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, huge pores, and a few scars from breakouts.
I swatched 310 on my skin at the drugstore and it went on smoothly, blurred my pores like magic, and suited my skin tone. I decided to buy it and I've had it for 3 weeks now. I love how the foundation is buildable so depending what look I want to go for I can go from a sheer to medium to full coverage! It honestly looks beautiful on the skin and hides my imperfections.
I'm a nurse so by the end of my shift my skin looks slightly shiny, but in a good way and the foundation is still intact. I just use a tissue to blot my skin and I still get compliments from my patients on how good my skin looks.
The only downside is this product has made me breakout even more, but then again this foundation compensates that buy covering it up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know if I like this or not. This foundation says "fit me" but it doesn't fit my skin that well. Many others agree with me that it's a bit too orange. And it smudges easily on my white winter coat. But other than that it's pretty good. All I do is dip my extra concealer brush in it once, apply it all over my face, buff it in with a buffing brush and I'm good for the day. The only reason I would rebuy is because of the price which is $6 at walmart in Canada. I always stock up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This for me is a reliable foundation. My skin can get oily, and while I wouldn't say this keeps me completely matte throughout the day, it isn't cakey and stays on reasonably well. I'd say it gives me a natural-matte finish which is fine for me, I actually prefer to not have a really matte makeup look. Coverage is medium that can be built up. I wouldn't wear this for more formal occasions but I like it for everyday.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is what I call a classic backup foundation. A foundation that will do the job when you misplace and/or left your regular foundation at home when traveling. Almost every drugstore has this and the shade range must be commended in a world of too many light and medium shades. It does mattify but I find it has a tendency to melt in more humid conditions. A good old B minus.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a let down,it is so cheap and has good coverage but it oxidizes way too quickly.Plus i had tiny bumps all over my cheek area after using this foundation.

on 7/28/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this isnt good if u have dry skin. the coverage is good but it doesnt work well with dry skin. id reccomend if you have oily skin.

on 7/14/2017 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this is the only foundation that keeps it under control. I go a full day with this on and by the end of the night, I'm not looking like an oil slick. Very nice considering it's a "drugstore" makeup and good for the price! I don't have to use much so it lasts.