Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

on 7/9/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mine in the shade 228 soft tan. I have neutral undertone, olive skin. Altho 228 appear too yellow on me at first, after it oxidized, it matches me just fine. I was super happy to purchase just the right shade for me.

I really2 like this foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I have to say, altho it dries down matte, it's actually a semi-matte finish. It doesn't control oil as much as many thought it would be.

Tho, this really is a great foundation for oily skin.
I would usually apply rimmel stay matte primer beforehand and set it with rimmel stay matte powder/maybelline fit me pressed powder/coty airspun loose powder. And it stayed all day long.

This foundation is super easy to blend, gives your skin looking natural, medium coverage and not cakey whatsoever. It covers all the redness and evens out the skin tone.

You gotta try this with its fit me pressed powder. It goes really well together. The combo helps in reducing the visible of pores and keeps oil at bay much longer.
It dries matte fast but not immediately. So make sure you blend it all right after you apply to the face.

I can understand all the bad reviews this foundation is getting. Tho, it's not really this foundation's fault.

Here are few tips for you to overcome this foundation's cons:

- oxidize: choose 1-2 shades lighter. Swatch/test the foundation till it oxidized before you purchase.

- doesn't control oil: each and every foundation needed to be set with a good, mattifying powder. It doesn't matter if the foundation claims to be a matte finish. It still needed to be set with powder for it to stay all day long. Besides that, wear a good mattifying primer underneath the foundation.

- doesn't come with a pump: yeah, it is truly unfortunate. Tho if this bothers you so much, mac sells foundation pumps. I believe it will fit this foundation just fine.

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the packaging. The colour range is fine for me as a mid-range white woman. I want to love this. I really do. It goes on so nicely, the colour I’ve got is the perfect match. But the staying power is terrible on me. By lunchtime my makeup has settled into my pores or separated, and any dry patches are accentuated. After a full day - in an air conditioned office, not doing anything strenuous - I look like I’ve been out all night. Shame because the price is excellent and when freshly applied it looks lovely and covers my redness well. But I won’t buy again because I need the staying power!

It’s pretty good for hiding dark circles and small pimples and I don’t usually wear makeup even close to everyday so I don’t recommend for full coverage just for small touch ups

on 4/26/2018 2:58:00 PM

Bought this after I had heard really good things about this product but after only a couple of hours wear my skin was super oily and half my foundation had slid off. Does not last at all and oxidizes to an orange tone. really thin coverage when applying too and found difficult to build

on 4/1/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

7/10.

About:
I'm 24, with normal to dry skin that is not acne prone but I do have large pores. I wear this in the shade 112 Natural Ivory and my MAC shade is NW13. I use a beauty blender knockoff to apply foundation.

This foundation has a runny texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. It does not dry quickly. The finish is a soft matte. I don't find that it does anything good or bad for my pores, I don't think a foundation can really do much for pores. You need a good primer and skincare routine, and a bit of luck.

The shade match is perfect for me, which is my favourite thing about this product. It does have quite high coverage, but doesn't look cakey due to the 'wet' consistency. Maybelline is super easy to find in stores and inexpensive.

There are a couple of things I dislike about this foundation - I really don't like the packaging. A glass bottle with no pump makes no sense. Just add a pump please. This foundation is too runny and messy to be tipping out of the bottle. Another thing I don't love is that this foundation doesn't last all day. I powder my whole face but it still wears off in patches through the day, which is annoying.

I would repurchase this foundation, but I think it works best if you use less product and sacrifice some coverage. I've heard people suggest mixing this with the Dewy and Smooth, but I don't have a shade match in that range.

I try lots of foundations!! Mostly high end ones because drugstore ones always disappoint. This one is the best drug store foundation I have ever tried! Has staying power, great coverage and build able. I love it more than Estee L DW! Has a nice finish and doesn't crease or cake! I have already bought another bottle which is something I have never done with a drugstore foundation! I find that it goes on best with a make up brush. Give it a try!

Not a bad foundation but probably better for oily skin because it really clings to dry patches of skin, particularly around my nose. I was somewhat able to mitigate this using moisturizer and Ulta primer, but not 100%. I'm a pale lady and drugstore foundations are frequently too dark, but in the lightest shade (110 Porcelain) this is great -- not too rosy or too yellow and does not oxidize into a darker shade. I'm willing to try this out with different primers because the shade is beautiful on my skin and the price is right.

on 12/24/2017 12:12:00 PM

I have a very oily T zone, but a very dry cheek, and I found that this foundation really grabbed my dry spots, but I was able to fix that using a hydrating serum underneath. It did not oxidize, but it MUST be set with a powder, or it comes off on everything. I usually use a green color corrector to cover my cystic acne, acne vulgaris, and acne rosacea, and the foundation (when paired with a concealer) covered that quite nicely.
Usually, foundations exaggerate my pores, but I found that this one didn’t do that, it covered them beautifully and fully. It did settle in my smile lines and around my nose after around 4-5 hours of wear, which was quite annoying, as I have 12-16 hour school days. Overall this is a great foundation at a great price for the quality, I only wish there was a pump!