Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.8

on 5/4/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my ID/passport photo foundation, as it is cheap and 228 Soft Tan matches my undertones. It is a bit *light*, but still tolerable with some "warmth" added on top.

This foundation is not too thick, not thin, and imparts a build-able, medium coverage. I find that I don't need to set this foundation, but it doesn't get too powdery on my dehydrated skin.

The best part: this foundation does *not* oxidize on my skin--it stays olive all day. I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40, and finding a foundation that nails my olive skin is a feat.

This is my 2nd bottle. My first fit me foundation was in the shade of 125. I loved it very much. I can layer it on without the looking or feeling cakey. Even with one layer, my skin looks amazingly flawless as this foundation has a very decent coverage. It also helps to blur out my pores without primer. Despite the strong coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. I have a moderately oily skin that progress to becomes more oily as to the evening. However, with this foundation, I don't have to set my makeup with any setting powder because it dries down very quickly with no transfer at all. It also doesn't make my skin feel greasy at all. On the area around jawlines where my skin is typically relatively drier than the rest of my skin, there's no feeling of cracking that I can feel with some other mattifying foundation. This foundation is just the best. The shades that it comes with is also very convenient. During my second purchase, I got 120 because 125 was sold out. However, the color still matches with my skin very perfectly. It doesn't look yellow on me at all. It's safe to say that I actually preferred the 120 than 125 although I think that 125 already looked good on me. In my country, this foundation cost around USD $16 to USD $17 after converting from MYR. However, I got it for only USD $10 each during a promotion. Needless to say, this foundation is too cheap for the quality it gives out. Compared to Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation which is also a highly hyped drugstore foundation, I prefer Maybelline Fit Me much much more. Sincerely, I don't understand why would people rate this lower. 😅 It's honestly the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. That's it. You should try this foundation if you have an oily skin like me :) you will love this foundation

on 3/2/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had gotten this on a sale for just $10, where it normally retails to around $20 in my country. For the price, it was astoundingly good, but for marketing it's name as fit me, one would assume it's for everyone, but the range of shades is really just light medium to medium dark. The shade 128 is slightly darker and yellower compared to the kvd liquid foundation in neutral 45 ( the closest mainstream brand that i could find closest to my skin at the moment), but well, fits me well enough for everyday.

Pros:
Cheap
Medium-full buildable coverage
Doesn't need powder to set
Matte
Not drying
Lightweight
Little product needed for full face

Cons:
No pump, can't control the flow of product,might have little accidents
Needs to be worked on quickly or it'll dry in an awkward gloop.
Would settle into fine lines and make pores more obvious if too much is used
Not cruelty free

I'd repurchase if I haven't found something better that works for my skin.

I've been using this foundation for almost two years. My shade is 128 and perfectly match on my face after a while because its oxidation process. It works really amazing on covering any imperfection. I would give it five stars if only the packaging have pump on it. I live in humid city in SEA and it last for almost 7 hours indoor and almost 5 hours outdoor in the middle of the sunny day. The texture is so light and I don't feel any heavy makeup on my face even I put so much of it during an event.

I often use it as a concealer too and it works really good, there is no grey-ish colour after all.

I wasn't expecting too much on this product because I have tried other foundations with the same price but the effect weren't great. This one is different. It was very easy to apply with any tools. It is also buildable so if you're not contented with the 1st layer, you can always add another layer. It is comfortable on my skin.
After 6 hours, I oiled up but the foundation was still great after blotting. It's very humid in the place where I'm at so I already expected that. The only part where the foundation was ruined were on the sides of my nose and under my lips.
Check my full review @ http://www.diaryofaiko.com/2018/02/review-maybelline-new-york-fit-me-matte.html

on 12/19/2017 12:36:00 PM

I sincerely wanted to love this because I am always on the look out for matte foundation that wont break the bank. First thing, I love that it is cheap. I love that I was able to find a color that matches my skin and even my undertone. Second, I like the way it blends out because I had no trouble whatsoever. Lastly, I didn't break out which is a plus in my book.

Going to the things I didn't like, the very first thing I noticed is that it oxidized. I was warned that it did but the degree of oxidation was just too much. I also like to typically have medium to full coverage so using the amount I did turned me orange. I literally had to wipe it off because I would rather go bare faced than suffer through that. I know that this can be corrected with concealers and stuff but I'm a medical student and I do not have time to fuss around with foundation longer than I have to. Another thing I hate is that I really felt like it did nothing for my pore and fine lines. I actually felt it was exaggerated and that you could see the texture in my face. And finally, I hate that this turned my face so oily that after having worn it for about 3 hours and after sitting in an air conditioned room for most of the time, it still looked terrible. I had about four soaked sheets and that is not cute after just three hours.

I gave this foundation several tries and still nothing. So I will be retiring this foundation and return to my loreal one.

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.

on 11/22/2017 11:28:00 PM

I love it how it makes my face so flawless and poreless. Really loved it at first! But after wipe off the foundation on my face, I realize my forehead had few bumps popping out. At first, I thought it was probably my diet so I don't suspect it was from this foundation. Then I gave a second try of this and few pimples start to pop out around my forehead! I rarely get pimple before but every time when I apply this there's a red bumps or pimples pop out! 😫😫😫 Will never purchase this and I probably will throw it away.

on 11/22/2017 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

128 Warm Nude matched my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 skin fairly well. Starts off slightly pale, but oxidizes over the course of the day to match.

Its mattifying effect starts off too strong, making me look dull and flat; it clings to my every fine line and pore until about midday when my skin has produced enough oil to actually look natural and even kind of glowy. Unfortunately, by the end of a workday at the office, the foundation has started to visibly break up on my very oily skin. The sebaceous filaments on my nose seem to protrude more from my pores after wearing this foundation.

If I were willing to put in more effort to make this work, I would try a primer, finishing powder, setting spray, and/or blotting papers. For now, I’ll keep looking.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i love how this foundation is available everywhere in my country
not so expensive
but the issue is
it match perfectly on my skin when i use it
but somehow after a few hours, it oxidize so badly on me :(
i'm on shade 220 fyi

as for packaging, i just wish there's a pump on it