Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing matte or poreless about this if you actually have larger pores and are genuinely oily. Truly did not work for me and I am both of those things. It applied very sheer but felt heavy on my face. The price point can be rather high for something that works so badly and the packaging is not user friendly. It needs a pump desperately. Trying to use this is like using Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle.. frustrating and you don’t get the result you want.

on 2/4/2018 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Skin type is NC combination.

I keep coming back to this, even when I try other products. For combination skin, it stays for a full day on oily parts of the face and mattifies where I would usually be a greasy mess by the end of the day. It’s buildable too, which means I can use less on my cheeks where I have normal skin, and more in my t-zone.

Of course the huge range of shades is also helpful, and I tend to buy a couple and mix to get my exact neutral shade.

Still my go to foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this foundation daily. I use it when I run out of my daily foundation or when I'm not doing much and just want some coverage. What I love about this is a little goes a LONG way. It dries down pretty well and doesn't accentuate dry patches too bad. It honestly covers almost as much as my Merle Norman foundation, but doesn't stay matte for as long as it does. What I don't like about this product is that it oxidizes through out the day and there is no pump on the packaging. But, for less than $6, you can't beat the quality!

Definitely not the best foundation I've used. It makes me look slightly orange, even though I have the shade 105 fair ivory. It does not have great coverage, especially since it wears off very quickly. It also accentuates the dried skin on my face and dries it out even more. I would prefer that the bottle had a pump as well.

on 12/12/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This looks like straight up paint on my face and emphasizes fine lines and wrinkles that I didn’t even know I had. I’m 24 and this foundation makes me look ten years older. However they have an awesome shade range and it is affordable. If you have super soft baby skin and no problem with dryness or pores this might work for you.

on 11/9/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Emphasize pores and lines. Didn't keep my oily skin matte and separated almost immediately.

on 11/6/2017 7:13:00 PM

One of my all time favorite foundations! There’s such a wide variety of shade options and they have wonderful coverage that blends out like a dream! The only downside that I see to this is that it tends to oxidize with certain powders and turns an orangish, only with certain setting powders though I still haven’t completely figured out which ones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great when it's fresh. However, if you have oily skin, you will get oily again in a few hours. Does not keep you matte.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My excuse for always buying high end foundation was because drugstore brands never could give me what I wanted: full coverage, long lasting, and matches my very light neutral skin tone. That being said I do keep a bottle of whatever is on sale from the drugstore for those days where you're only running errands for an hour or two and don't want to waste your Estee Lauder. I continue to be impressed with Fit Me because it has medium-high coverage, very spreadable and I find it doesn't take much to cover my face and it actually stays on the WHOLE day. I start work at 5am which means I'm putting my makeup on at 3:30 and when I take it off at 7pm it still looks good. No patchiness, no fading, and no melting so I'm making this my go to foundation. My wallet is rejoicing that I'm going from $50 foundation to $5.

The only things I've noticed that aren't much of an issue to me, but could be for other people are :

1) Do not buy this if you have even the slightest dry skin. I almost never do but the super rare times I have a couple of dry patches this foundation clings to it and it looks horrible.

2) This oxidizes. The lightest shade porcelain/110 almost looks too light when I initially put it on (which is an accomplishment in it of itself since I'm so pale) but an hour or two later it looks like I have a slight tan. It doesn't look too unnatural on me so I personally don't mind and lord knows I need the color to look alive

on 10/23/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh. This was one of the last drugstore foundations for me to try with my super shiny/oily skin. I have melasma/discoloration mostly that needs evening out.

After buying 2 wrong shades (classic ivory - warm nude) that both oxidized too dark on me (I was able to test at home - middle of the day with natural daylight using a mirror by the window on my neck) - I had to go back and return those and buy 110 - Porcelain. Holy crap, I had no idea that I'd been buying too dark foundation! My face is naturally darker than my neck and with my melasma, using a matching foundation ended up making my face look much darker than my neck. I'd never, ever in my life think that a shade like Porcelain would work, but it did. It was a little light, but was the best match for my neck.

This didn't work for me. I tried applying with a damp sponge - nope. The foundation wouldn't even blend or budge. I went back to my ELF brush and it was fine. I found the foundation just sorta "sat" on top of my skin - to the point where if I took a baby wipe and wiped a mark off my face, it was like wiping powder off my face. Very odd. YET - after 3 hours - I was a GREASY MESS. Enough so that, when I blotted, I had to use TWO blotting sheets. For a foundation to only last 3 hours? No thank you. Matte and Poreless, not on my skin.

UGH.