Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.2

on 12/12/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This looks like straight up paint on my face and emphasizes fine lines and wrinkles that I didn’t even know I had. I’m 24 and this foundation makes me look ten years older. However they have an awesome shade range and it is affordable. If you have super soft baby skin and no problem with dryness or pores this might work for you.

on 11/9/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Emphasize pores and lines. Didn't keep my oily skin matte and separated almost immediately.

on 11/6/2017 7:13:00 PM

One of my all time favorite foundations! There’s such a wide variety of shade options and they have wonderful coverage that blends out like a dream! The only downside that I see to this is that it tends to oxidize with certain powders and turns an orangish, only with certain setting powders though I still haven’t completely figured out which ones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great when it's fresh. However, if you have oily skin, you will get oily again in a few hours. Does not keep you matte.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My excuse for always buying high end foundation was because drugstore brands never could give me what I wanted: full coverage, long lasting, and matches my very light neutral skin tone. That being said I do keep a bottle of whatever is on sale from the drugstore for those days where you're only running errands for an hour or two and don't want to waste your Estee Lauder. I continue to be impressed with Fit Me because it has medium-high coverage, very spreadable and I find it doesn't take much to cover my face and it actually stays on the WHOLE day. I start work at 5am which means I'm putting my makeup on at 3:30 and when I take it off at 7pm it still looks good. No patchiness, no fading, and no melting so I'm making this my go to foundation. My wallet is rejoicing that I'm going from $50 foundation to $5.

The only things I've noticed that aren't much of an issue to me, but could be for other people are :

1) Do not buy this if you have even the slightest dry skin. I almost never do but the super rare times I have a couple of dry patches this foundation clings to it and it looks horrible.

2) This oxidizes. The lightest shade porcelain/110 almost looks too light when I initially put it on (which is an accomplishment in it of itself since I'm so pale) but an hour or two later it looks like I have a slight tan. It doesn't look too unnatural on me so I personally don't mind and lord knows I need the color to look alive

on 10/23/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh. This was one of the last drugstore foundations for me to try with my super shiny/oily skin. I have melasma/discoloration mostly that needs evening out.

After buying 2 wrong shades (classic ivory - warm nude) that both oxidized too dark on me (I was able to test at home - middle of the day with natural daylight using a mirror by the window on my neck) - I had to go back and return those and buy 110 - Porcelain. Holy crap, I had no idea that I'd been buying too dark foundation! My face is naturally darker than my neck and with my melasma, using a matching foundation ended up making my face look much darker than my neck. I'd never, ever in my life think that a shade like Porcelain would work, but it did. It was a little light, but was the best match for my neck.

This didn't work for me. I tried applying with a damp sponge - nope. The foundation wouldn't even blend or budge. I went back to my ELF brush and it was fine. I found the foundation just sorta "sat" on top of my skin - to the point where if I took a baby wipe and wiped a mark off my face, it was like wiping powder off my face. Very odd. YET - after 3 hours - I was a GREASY MESS. Enough so that, when I blotted, I had to use TWO blotting sheets. For a foundation to only last 3 hours? No thank you. Matte and Poreless, not on my skin.

UGH.

on 10/18/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really lovely foundation.
I was hesitant to try at first as i had never had luck with Maybelline foundations.
This however has really nice coverage (I use a damp beauty blender) that wears evenly and well through the day (survived a busy 35 degree celsius work day today). I pair it with the NYX Shine Killer primer.
It offers medium coverage and is buildable if you need to.
The only flaw is there’s no pump (at least in Australia anyway) but for how cheap this foundation is I can get past that.
I didn’t find that it clung to any dry patches and isn’t broken down easily by facial oils (a quick blot will leave it looking as good as new!)

on 10/8/2017 5:05:00 AM

I really liked this foundation at first, but recently my skin has been breaking out a lot, and this foundation doesn't cover it probably at all. It's starting to look quite patchy on my skin after a couple of hours, and it has a tendency to cling to dry spots. I have combination skin with dry spots and texture, so everyone won't experience this issue, I'm thinking that if you have normal to oily skin, it will probably look more smooth on you.
When I put this foundation on, it looks a bit too light and yellow-ish on me, (I have it in the shade 115 ivory) but then it oxidizes and turns a bit darker and reddish.
I apply this with a damp sponge and usually set it with the Rimmel stay matte powder. Not my favourite powder at all, but a girl is on a budget, ya know.
But overall it's a an ok product for the price, and I can make it work with the proper moisturizer and primer first.
I wish it had a pump.

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

I've used this foundation for the last two years and I'll no longer be using it. When I first bought it I thought it'd be a really good foundation for a great price but after buying it in different finishes and colors it's left me disappointed. The color really gets orangey and oily as the day goes on and it leaves my skin feeling slimy no matter what products I use under and on top of it. If you're looking for a light coverage this is the foundation for you! But if you have acne prone skin and it's oily I wouldn't recommend. Overall I'm not going to be buying it again but it's great for lightwear. When applied with a foundation brush it gets streaky, when applied with a silicone sponge it is also streaky and unever, but when applied with a regular makeup sponge or beauty blender it leaves the nicest finish out of all the other options. If the product was more buildable and didn't oxide as bad I would buy again.