Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 10/8/2017 5:05:00 AM

I really liked this foundation at first, but recently my skin has been breaking out a lot, and this foundation doesn't cover it probably at all. It's starting to look quite patchy on my skin after a couple of hours, and it has a tendency to cling to dry spots. I have combination skin with dry spots and texture, so everyone won't experience this issue, I'm thinking that if you have normal to oily skin, it will probably look more smooth on you.
When I put this foundation on, it looks a bit too light and yellow-ish on me, (I have it in the shade 115 ivory) but then it oxidizes and turns a bit darker and reddish.
I apply this with a damp sponge and usually set it with the Rimmel stay matte powder. Not my favourite powder at all, but a girl is on a budget, ya know.
But overall it's a an ok product for the price, and I can make it work with the proper moisturizer and primer first.
I wish it had a pump.

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

I've used this foundation for the last two years and I'll no longer be using it. When I first bought it I thought it'd be a really good foundation for a great price but after buying it in different finishes and colors it's left me disappointed. The color really gets orangey and oily as the day goes on and it leaves my skin feeling slimy no matter what products I use under and on top of it. If you're looking for a light coverage this is the foundation for you! But if you have acne prone skin and it's oily I wouldn't recommend. Overall I'm not going to be buying it again but it's great for lightwear. When applied with a foundation brush it gets streaky, when applied with a silicone sponge it is also streaky and unever, but when applied with a regular makeup sponge or beauty blender it leaves the nicest finish out of all the other options. If the product was more buildable and didn't oxide as bad I would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My skin is very fair but has pink undertones, so I often find it difficult to find foundation that's not too yellow. This brand is really good for people with pinker skin tones because there's a good range of options in addition to the usual yellow ones. Coverage wise it's not bad. Even a thin layer smooths out your skin tone.

The only thing I have found as I get older is that it doesn't stay on my skin. It separates in the areas of my face that are most oily (t-zone and chin) and the creases. It doesn't matter if I use the branded primer, setting spray, bake, whatever. Same result.

If you are younger and don't have oily skin, this might be a great choice for you. However if your skin is oily or - as much as it pains me to utter these words - more mature then this is probably not your best option.

on 7/24/2017 4:07:00 PM

this didn't stay matte on me, and frankly - wore off quickly.

on 7/23/2017 1:14:00 AM

I love this foundation. I have very pale skin and their lightest color matches me well. This foundation covers discoloration very well, looks natural when applied with a damp sponge, doesn't oxidize, and lasts all day. My combo skin works so well with this. It doesn't grab to my dry patches and it blends super well with my concealer (tarte shape tape). By the end of the day I wouldn't say it's very matte for me, but it looks very natural and kind of luminous while still covering discoloration, which I really love. I'm not saying it's for sure the BEST drugstore foundation because I haven't tried too many, but I do really like it.
I'll note that I really don't enjoy the packaging. I like pumps on foundation more. But for the price and the performance, I'll keep buying it anyway.

I absolutely love this Foundation. I have been using more expensive brand but when on vacation and forgot my makeup so went to the drug store to buy foundation and decided to go with this brand. I have used this for about 2 weeks now and it goes on very well. It does come off later in the day but if you use translucent powder it helps it's very well worth the price.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is pretty good in terms of finish and the way that it feels on the skin, but it does not last at all. My skin is combo, and no matter what primer or setting spray or powder I use, I can't get more than 6-ish hours of wear out of that. It applies nicely, and it is somewhat buildable without looking cakey (in spite of the matte finish.) In and of itself less-than-stellar wear time does not make for a bad product in my book, but there are foundations at similar price points that last and look good on the skin, which is why it loses a lippie from me. The palest shade is lovely for me, and Fit Me Matte & Poreless is one of the palest options at the drug store; I usually have to lighten just about any d/s foundation and this is one of the few exceptions. Due to the wear time as well as the fact that Maybelline is not cruelty free, I won't repurchase this foundation, but if you are on a budget and don't need your foundation to be long-wearing, then I do still recommend this.