Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Has a good shade range and I found a good shade match for me which is 220. It sure is matte for the first 2 hours since I live in a tropical country. Can't agree that it is poreless because without a primer I can see it ettling in my pores.

on 9/19/2018 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was my first foundation ever and I was really excited for it! I thought that the reasons why I didn't like this foundation was because it was my first one, but once I tried other ones... Well, then I knew.

This foundation is matte (duh), which is why I tried it in the first place (and it's cheap). Because I am combination skin and there are some oily parts on my face that need it, anyone would logically try this foundation. I think this is where the problem grows. Once I add moisturizer to the dryer parts of my face, it's like all my face is now all-normal. Having a matte foundation means it will be on the dryer side and I did my best to make my face all on the same level. I'm not a fan of having a shiny face, so I hoped that this would eliminate that aspect. The foundation IS matte, but poreless? This foundation pronounced every single imperfection on my face and made the acne I tried to hide, look worse. My pores often were pronounced. Spots where I moisturized had dry patches due to the matte finish (some parts looked normal, other had weird dry patches). You'd think, "Oh, what about her oily parts of her face?" I liked how it looked sometimes, other times it looked kind of cakey without putting a lot of product on. This foundation constantly felt like it was sitting on top of my face, making me feel so uncomfortable for a long time. I thought this was normal for foundations, until I tried other ones. And finally, it oxidizes. I have yellow under-tones but often, this foundation would steer into orange and it was obvious since I blend down to my neck. Because of the lack of pump, I'd use the back of my hand and it'd oxidizes there too!! There was sometimes a stark difference on my face. It'd be fine at home, but a mess when I was out. Speaking of blending, this product must be blended well because of the formula, it would look kinda ashy sometimes.

I will say that this product reacted well to other powder products, like blush. I do not think you would need powder for this, but I did not use powder to bake or set (since it was my first foundation and I was trying to figure stuff out). Especially with how this foundation finished for me, it's quite matte enough. This product does have a light scent, but it wasn't bad. Just normal foundation smell. It does not come with a pump, which is fine for me, and I would put some on the back of my hand. It was easy to put left-over product back in. The color wasn't the best either. For the price, I would definitely say "buy it" if you've been meaning to do so, and honestly, there is no way you will know how this will react on your skin unless you do. If you're adamant on it, do it. I was and I thought it'd work for me, it didn't.

I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation but I would love it a lot more if it had a pump dispense. Kind of annoying that it doesn't. Makes your skin look flawless and smooth though. Medium to buildable coverage and just sinks into the skin so nicely and lasts all day long. Great for my oily forehead and T zone.

on 9/13/2018 9:47:00 PM

I like everything about this foundation except the consistency. I'm 102 Fair Porcelain and that shade is the closest I've gotten to my natural skin tone in a drugstore brand. I love the wide range of colors and undertones offered in this line, and the formula is comfortable and does not oxidize. However, because this stuff is somewhat watery and my face can occasionally become an oil slick in the summer, I realized quickly that I'd need both a primer and setting spray to keep it from getting cakey by the end of the day. I'll fall back on this in a pinch for sure, but the hunt continues for the perfect foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually buy high end foundation, but wanted to try a few drugstore ones to see if I could find something I could wear day to day saving the pricey ones for events and nights out.

I use shade 102, I’m pale with cool undertones and it’s almost perfect.

I love this foundation. I have combination skin and my nose and forehead get super oily. It does minimise my pores, but my pores are not that big/obvious to begin with. It has fantastic coverage, I find better if applied with a buffing brush. I have a dark spot on my temple and it covers that as well as any of my other foundations. I think the only ones that I own that cover better are my EL double wear or kvd lock it.

It is NOT matt on me, at all. It’s actually quite luminous, I rarely use primer, and it stays on my nose, something other foundations seem to have trouble with.

I’m 37 but only have a few very fine lines, and it doesn’t settle in them.

Due to it not being matt like it should be and my oily skin I do have to touch up with powder, but I don’t mind that and it copes with the powder well. I can apply this in the morning and it will last me all day with touch ups.

I think this is a fantastic low budget foundation.

on 9/5/2018 6:29:00 PM

Color match is so good...I’m a MAC NW20 this is great at Fit Me 115. On a sweaty day this goes on nicer than my Dior, covers better that my MAC face and body.
Worth is for everyday, then get something really wonderful for the weekend ;).

PS to fight smile lines I add a bit of L’Oréal Lumi lotion at to of cheekbone nearer eyes...keeps it all moist and dewy, young.

on 9/5/2018 5:57:00 PM

For me the foundation didn’t fit, even if it looked amazing like the first 2 hours on the day before it started to glace and get oily. I used alot of tranparent pouder to set it but regardless of what it did end upp de same every day. Notice that I don’t useed any primer, anyways. My forhead is al shiney, my check halfway with out any foundation and under my underey baking it’s always a line at the same place everytimr where it won’t stay on even if i put on the same amount as under the eyes. I’m shiney pretty much all over after about 4 hours anf it looks terrible at the end of the day.

Anyways, i like the tube packeging (that we have over here) bc you het pretty much all out of it whrn it starts to run out, and you feel how light whight it has when it starts to run out.

And pretty much this was my verry first foundation and i’ve been useing it for 2-3 years, and it has always been like this. Mabye it’s my pouder, anyways. I like the price like cheep but still good even if it oxidises like way much so like the lightest shade even get to dark anf i’m not that pale.

But still it’s a good first foundation or everyday nice for everyday use (but for people who not ahve my skin tho haha), and like spend a little money on a good relly cheap foundation. And it does relly look flawless on pretty much evryone but me then. And i like it even if it’s not the best one for me bc different reasons, Anyways:)

on 8/15/2018 10:06:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation! It's one of my favorites. Great application and wear. Evens out my complexion with long lasting power. I tried other cheaper foundations but found this one works better with my skin. Love it!

on 8/15/2018 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation I had ever purchased. Not a big fan of the no-pump bottle. I gotta admit, my review may be quite useless as since this was my first experience with makeup, I did not apply primer and setting powder/spray after application of the foundation. My shade was 128 Warm Nude. The coverage was fine to me and the consistency is a little runny so it feels quite lightweight. It separates on the nose and around the mouth after a few hours. However, as I said before, I did not apply primer or setting products afterwards which could have helped the foundation hold itself. I would not purchase it just because I am quite afraid that it would still not look good on me.

on 8/14/2018 9:06:00 PM

This is the worst coverage I’ve EVER had in a foundation!!! I put it on and it looked like I hadn’t done a thing. WhT is the point of foundation when it looks like I took water and rubbed it on my face. Brutal.