Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.8

on 2/5/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love the fact that it has a nice range of colors, and the color match is perfecttt for me personally. But I'm with everyone else on the packaging, pleasee give us a pump, or spatula or smth.

on 1/23/2017 9:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this product as my go to foundation since its release. I always throw this in my bag when travelling as I can rely on it for results.

Whilst the claim is matte and poreless, the foundation does not dry completely matte in comparison to some other foundations. Personally though I like that it doesn't dry so matte that my skin no longer looks like skin. I like the finish of the foundation.

The poreless claim is also not completely true, however when used with a half decent primer you will get optimal results. It will cover your pores, like any full coverage foundation would. This is why I gave it 4 lipsticks instead of 5.

I have used both a brush and beauty blender to apply this foundation, and personally I prefer the beauty blender's finish.

It stays on for a reasonable amount of time and lasts beautifully.

The fit me foundations were one of the first foundations I purchased myself, and I must say it's a tried and true favourite of mine. There is no super strong fragrance apart from what you would expect from a foundation.

It is an overall great foundation and worth the money.

on 11/30/2016 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Pros - great coverage, applies beautifully. I use a stippling brush to apply my foundation and with this product, the brush just glides across my skin. The formula is so smooth, so light. Love it.

Cons - No pump! A pump would really help regulate the amount of product used.

on 9/13/2016 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this foundation and for the price who could complain? I have oily skin and this foundation will keep me matte all day. I do use a setting powder to set my foundation but I have to do that with every foundation I own. I can get this foundation for 5 dollars at target and they have a lot of shade options. It photographs great and it makes my skin look so smooth. It is best to apply with a damp makeup sponge. It does dry fast so try not to dot it all over your face. Work in sections.

on 8/19/2016 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this foundation in 228 Soft Tan and 310 Sun Beige.

Pros
-Different amount of shades
-Price
-Light feel on the skin

Cons
-Oxidizes
-No pump
-Extremely easy to waste product

I tried both out and 310 was too light, but 228 was the right shade and seemed to match my yellow undertone as well. That was the first time I tried it. The second time I tried it, my whole face was orange and I didn't understand why. I thought it happened because I only used primer the first time and did my face first, not my eyes. So I tried it a third time, using only primer, no moisturizer, and did my face first. My face still had an orange tint in some areas. I was trying this foundation out, so I could wear it to a wedding. But because it didn't work I had to run to the pharmacy, on the day of the wedding, to find a Covergirl foundation that I knew would work.

I can't say that this definitely kept me matte, but it definitely didn't keep me poreless. My pores were on full display. This foundation does not have a pump, so it is very easy to waste product. It does have nice coverage, if you layer it, and did feel light on the skin. But I cannot recommend it and this is a product which I wished I listened to the reviews and didn't waste money.

on 3/1/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

TWO GRIPES about these reviews, omg.
GRIPE 1, So many reviews crying about how no pump means you waste product pouring it out of the bottle, I can't even believe people don't know how to use a foundation in a bottle. Wash your hands. Shake the bottle and then take the top off. Put your fingertip over the opening and turn the bottle upside down. Dot that amount of product on a section of your face and blend it with your clean fingers. Repeat as needed. That's all there is to it. No nasty wet foundation-covered brush to gather bacteria or beauty blender to wash, etc., just wash your hands when you're done.
GRIPE 2. Please stop saying that pink toned foundation is not good for anybody. You have no idea how hard it is to be a pink person and try to find foundation that matches. I am pink with blue undertones, and Ivory 115 is a perfect match. Some of us are actually pink. Maybelline is one of the only companies that makes foundations that match me.

And this one is a nice one. I have zero complaints. For the price, that's saying a lot.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this foundation! While it does not give the most amazing coverage, I still wear it on a day to day basis. I wear #332 and it blends beautifully with my NC45 skin tone. It does take a bit more elbow grease to blend (I would recommend a latex sponge) I still repurchase because its the only foundation I can afford at the moment, it's better than nothing!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

First off, packaging: would have preferred a pump to be able to control how much product I was using, because I tend to pour out too much and I hate to waste good product. I had to work in sections because the foundation dries quite quickly, but it wasn't too much of an issue. I tried out both a beauty blender/makeup sponge and a flat top kabuki brush to apply it. The sponge gave a lighter coverage, but still blended it out really nicely. The brush gave a more medium coverage. With both applications I was able to build up the product to a fuller coverage. It covered my uneven texture nicely, although I had to use concealer on some blemishes that weren't completely covered. It has a nice matte finish, and I was pleased to find that it didn't dry out my skin either. I have fair skin and I am in the shade 120 fair (I think that's what it is called). I didn't notice that the foundation oxidised terribly, which was good. I have used it both with and without a primer, and it lasts all day without one without fading. Overall, I found it a really good foundation and would definitely recommend it.

EDIT: have been using this four six months now and have repurchased since then. Have worn this out clubbing and it stayed in place nicely, as well as to work (I work in a kitchen, and it withstood the heat really well). Overall, I have been impressed with this.

on 10/31/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have combination skin with oily t-zone. I like medium-full coverage foundation with satin or natural matte finishes. Live in Thailand work 7+hours/day in an air-con environment.

Shade: I really really like this foundation! It's so nice to have this in my collection. I got it from ebay since I live in Thailand (where EVERYTHING is too light for me). Cost me 14$ (cost me double as much as in States but cheaper than Sweden where I'm from, so I don't mind spending that money since I live on a tiny island)
I'm a NC37 at the moment and I got the shade 310 Sun beige. I'm always more tan on my body than in my face, this foundation matches more my face more. I don't actually mind that much, I just use more bronzer to color-match my body. It's a bit on the pinky neutral side but nothing majorly noticeable.
I'm planning to get the next shade up 322 warm honey as well (update: got 322 not much darker and it's slightly pink, still workable).
They offer many shades, but read that the darkest of the dark beauties out there had less luck finding their shade.

Finish: It gives you a healthy look. I love how it gives dimensions to my face! Even though the foundation advertise itself to be matte, it still doesn't look too flat or dry. It still creates a subtle glow to my skin without looking greasy (Like Mac face & body, original Fit me foundation). My face looks moisturized, yet matte on the points where I need it to be matte. That's what I love most about it. I've seen many video reviews/demos where they mention it looks matte on them...weird how eyes perceive stuff differently, cause I still think they look satin on them. Nevertheless...let's just describe the finish as gorgeous.

Coverage: is really impressive and can be built up. I like to apply it with either a damp beauty blender for a sheer coverage or a RT buffingbrush or elf flat top powder brush for a more full coverage. Both ways works great. With that being said it's not a full coverage foundation by any means. I have really large pores around my nose, the foundation doesn't necessarily hide them completely, but they definitely don't accentuate them whatsoever. It does a great job covering redness and any pigmentation.

Texture/lasting properties: The foundation is not too runny, it's nice and creamy and not too thick. It's easy to work with. The skin feels great right after applying since it sets pretty fast. I would not recommend to pre-dot this foundation. Instead, put it straight on the brush or blend it directly on the face on one area at a time.
Looking in the mirror right now as I type, and after 4h (when I usually get shiny), no shine on my face whatsoever. In love! I would say I need to touch up after 8h+, but nothing major.

Packaging: Comes in a square see through glassbottle with a screw top lid.
Nothing fancy nothing to cheap looking. Only downside, NO PUMP :(
Color you see in the bottle it true to color. Not too bulky.

I'm really happy with my purchase. A great affordable foundation! More happy to use this for night time since the color doens't match to the T. But so happy that the drugstore have stepped up their game and offer so many affordable options. Thumbs up Maybelline!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Looks great upon initial application, but looks dry and accentuates fine lines and pores shortly after. The fifth ingredient listed is alcohol and I assume this is the culprit. Anything with alcohol tends to sit poorly on my skin. Really wanted to like it but it looks pretty bad. Will be returning. Also, I experimented with different moisturizers and primers but regardless of what I used I got the same dry and cakey result.