Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 6/27/2017 7:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have bought this foundation again because I really liked the shade 220, it fit for me perfect and looked natural. I love how it applies and feels on my skin. I think the quality of this foundation is really good looking at such low price. However, it doesn't last at all on my face. It wears off after a few hours, I hate setting foundation with powder so I do it with a spray but still the same. It doesn't cover pimples - it better suits for day use when you want to look natural. I am a full coverage foundation lover, so I apply a few layers of it and when it wears of I fix it with a brush.

on 5/2/2017 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I think this is a great foundation for the price. I'm super oily and this does a great job of controlling oil. The coverage is medium to full. I do have to blot when I wear this but almost as much as I blot with my Estée Lauder Double Wear so I'm not complaining. I'm NC50 and I wear 355 coconut

on 8/21/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Cons:
- Bad packagaing
- Fades quickly
- Not for oily skin

Pros:
- Nice matte finish
- Easy blend
- Does not cause breakouts

I started using this foundation after using MAC cosmetics exclusively for almost a year. For the price, it does a swell job.The finish looks perfect on top of Maybelline concealer and its orange after shade can be prevented with a nice highlighter or a lighter shade in general. I enjoy that it fits my skin tone as well. I have medium- dark skin that is extremely acne prone and the 355 coconut shade worked just fine. My skin is also oily though and this foundation tends to make the oiliness worse so there's another downside. Overall 3/5 product and props to the makers for making an affordable foundation that suits a variety of skin tones.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use 360 Mocha, which is the darkest shade they have and there are people darker than me so the deep shades don't go so far. Besides that, I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly. The only problem is this foundation does not come in a pump bottle, but other than that it is amazing.

*UPDATE* Maybelline now has new shades in this foundation. Now my darker girls can find their match as 360 Mocha is no longer the darkest.

on 6/8/2016 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is a review of the UK version of the famous US Matte and Poreless foundation by Maybelline.

The first difference is it comes in a small, squeezy tube but otherwise I am unsure as to how the products differ in formulation, consistency, colour and effectiveness.

The UK version, in my opinion, is just ok. It is very runny and not at all creamy but does feel incredibly light on the skin. Does it live up to it's claims of being both matte and poreless? Unfortunately not. The initial application is decent enough but I do find I look quite shiney/greasy at the end of the day and the product simply wears off. Negitives aside, the foundation is incredibly affordable at just £5.99 however the shade range is very small.

All in all, an average budget foundation that sadly wears off over time but offers a light weight feel nonetheless. I won't repurchase.

Back to my MAC SFF!

PROS
Lightweight feel on skin
Flash photography friendly
So far the ingredients do not make me itch (unlike other products!)
Budget friendly - only £5.99 for 30ml
Squeezy tube packaging - allows you use every last drop! Great for traveling!

CONS
Can look a little greasy at the end of the day
Poor shade selection
Light-Medium coverage (at best) - expected a fuller coverage
Dubious scent - reminded me of True Match (as did the consistency - I hated TM)
The 'matte and poreless' effect does not last - generally poor lasting power overall
Very watery formula - not creamy at all and as such, hard to build/blend
May have broken me out - time will tell!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

It was very difficult for me to find my color match. I finally decided on 335-classic tan. I find that I waste a lot of the product because it doesn't have a pump. It's medium to full coverage which I do like. It keeps me matte for the most part of my day. I'm on the fence on it I would pick up this product again.

on 10/6/2015 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I'm on the fence with this one. I don't love it and I don't hate it. It does the job, but there are much better products out there! Probably won't buy again, purely because I'm happy to spend a little more $$

on 7/19/2015 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is not bad considering the price at $6. It apply nice but I have other foundations that apply more evenly than this product. It kept my skin matte for about 3-4 hours max. I blot after about 2-3 hours but foundation looks powdery and the product looks thinned out. The initial application of this foundation looks really nice I use the Too Faced primer under it and it still does not last long on my oily/combination skin. Someone with normal to oily skin may be able to wear this foundation for a longer petoif of time. I have never been a huge fan of Maybelline products but since I saw a lot of use I decided to give this product a go I wore these products in the fall winter season when my skin is a little bit drier but the end result is that it is not design for an all day wear if you are running out to do some quick errands for a few hours this may be something you can throw on instead of using your more expensive foundation. I would not be purchased this product again.