Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the packaging. The colour range is fine for me as a mid-range white woman. I want to love this. I really do. It goes on so nicely, the colour I’ve got is the perfect match. But the staying power is terrible on me. By lunchtime my makeup has settled into my pores or separated, and any dry patches are accentuated. After a full day - in an air conditioned office, not doing anything strenuous - I look like I’ve been out all night. Shame because the price is excellent and when freshly applied it looks lovely and covers my redness well. But I won’t buy again because I need the staying power!

on 11/12/2017 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this foundation, given that it was reasonably priced (£7) and had a good colour range. I prefer medium to full coverage but this was more light to medium. After three layers applied with a beauty blender (on primed skin) I could still see pores/blemishes/scars. It did feel seamless on my skin, almost like I wasn't wearing anything. I have yellow undertones and a mix of olive and pale skinned thus I really struggled to find a match for my skin. I initially tried 110 & 115 but they were too pale, 120 however was too dark. After about 2 hours of wear, it started looking very patchy and a bit ashy, despite the fact I had set it with powder & spray. By 4 hours my skin looked cakey and started to feel oily. In the UK the packaging is in a plastic tube, it looks cheap and a bottle with a pump would be much better! Overall I was really disappointed in the product and wouldn't buy again!

on 10/11/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and I receive a lot of compliments when I wear it. It reminds me of Chanel's Velvet Lumiere. It wears a little better on my skin than Chanel's Velvet and doesn't have the strong fragrance of Chanel. It doesn't feel like foundation and has a light to medium-ish finish. I have an extremely oily Tzone. For the price point, it is good. The color I use is 128. For reference, I am NC25 Mac Pro longwear... B20 Chanel Velvet Lumiere.

Edit: longevity wise, this does breakdown and fade on my nose after about 4 hours and it does oxidize to a strange color.

on 7/14/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've never used a drug store foundation before but my regular foundation just wasn't doing its job (maybe my skin is going thru a change?)... But this is a great foundation! I love the weightless feeling with light/medium coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my second bottle of this product. For a drugstore foundation, this one is the best that I've tried. Does what it says and really gives your face a matte look. Not as good as higher end foundations but really good for its price. Would definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin and this works pretty good for me. I do prime my face before and set my foundation with powder as well as setting spray because I know how oily my face can get. The initial application is matte, through-out the day it does get oily but its just the normal amount, and it doesn't look cakey or runny. By the end of the day it is still on my face and hasn't slipped off which i appreciate. The packaging could be better with a pump.

on 5/7/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is not that good, at least on my combination/ acne-prone skin. It clung onto every fine line I didn't even knew existed. It also clung onto dry patches that- I ALSO didn't even knew existed. Made my skin look cakey no matter how little product I used. And on top of that, it didn't blur my pores at all. So I basically look like a hot mess everytime I use it. Though it definitely looks better if I mix it with 1 drop of serum. But still, this a no repurchase for me.

on 5/3/2017 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Es una base que deja un acabado muy bonito al principio pero después de unas horas la cara brilla mucho, y me saca brotes, el precio es muy económico a mí me costó 4 dólares y compre también el polvo, el polvo si me gusto mucho.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Absolutely love this foundation! A great alternative to some of my higher end foundations. Gives medium to full coverage without looking cakey or exaggerating pores. It says matte but it doesn't feel dry on the skin at all. Only down side is it doesn't come with a pump and is hard to get your hands on in the UK.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I travel a lot and do a lot of client interactions so I have to look amazing at all times. I normally wear my faithful Double Wear but I hate to burn through a 40 buck foundation. I was introduced to this product and have fallen in love. I was a bit nervous since it's drugstore but this really comes up there with those higher end products. I like that there are colors that match my melanin-enriched skin beautifully and the formula rocks. I use my MUFE matte primer and then put this on and set with MAC's MSF. Flawless and matte finish that as the day progresses will end up in a nice glowy-not grease ball finish. Def a win especially if it's on BOGO.