Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 11/12/2017 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this foundation, given that it was reasonably priced (£7) and had a good colour range. I prefer medium to full coverage but this was more light to medium. After three layers applied with a beauty blender (on primed skin) I could still see pores/blemishes/scars. It did feel seamless on my skin, almost like I wasn't wearing anything. I have yellow undertones and a mix of olive and pale skinned thus I really struggled to find a match for my skin. I initially tried 110 & 115 but they were too pale, 120 however was too dark. After about 2 hours of wear, it started looking very patchy and a bit ashy, despite the fact I had set it with powder & spray. By 4 hours my skin looked cakey and started to feel oily. In the UK the packaging is in a plastic tube, it looks cheap and a bottle with a pump would be much better! Overall I was really disappointed in the product and wouldn't buy again!

on 10/11/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and I receive a lot of compliments when I wear it. It reminds me of Chanel's Velvet Lumiere. It wears better on my skin than Chanel's Velvet and doesn't have the strong fragrance of Chanel. It doesn't feel like foundation and has a light to medium-ish finish. I have an extremely oily Tzone and this still looks good at the end of the day. For the price point, it can't be beat. The color I use is 128. For reference, I am NC25 Mac Pro longwear... B20 Chanel Velvet Lumiere.

on 7/14/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've never used a drug store foundation before but my regular foundation just wasn't doing its job (maybe my skin is going thru a change?)... But this is a great foundation! I love the weightless feeling with light/medium coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my second bottle of this product. For a drugstore foundation, this one is the best that I've tried. Does what it says and really gives your face a matte look. Not as good as higher end foundations but really good for its price. Would definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin and this works pretty good for me. I do prime my face before and set my foundation with powder as well as setting spray because I know how oily my face can get. The initial application is matte, through-out the day it does get oily but its just the normal amount, and it doesn't look cakey or runny. By the end of the day it is still on my face and hasn't slipped off which i appreciate. The packaging could be better with a pump.

on 5/7/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is not that good, at least on my combination/ acne-prone skin. It clung onto every fine line I didn't even knew existed. It also clung onto dry patches that- I ALSO didn't even knew existed. Made my skin look cakey no matter how little product I used. And on top of that, it didn't blur my pores at all. So I basically look like a hot mess everytime I use it. Though it definitely looks better if I mix it with 1 drop of serum. But still, this a no repurchase for me.

on 5/3/2017 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Es una base que deja un acabado muy bonito al principio pero después de unas horas la cara brilla mucho, y me saca brotes, el precio es muy económico a mí me costó 4 dólares y compre también el polvo, el polvo si me gusto mucho.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Absolutely love this foundation! A great alternative to some of my higher end foundations. Gives medium to full coverage without looking cakey or exaggerating pores. It says matte but it doesn't feel dry on the skin at all. Only down side is it doesn't come with a pump and is hard to get your hands on in the UK.

on 3/15/2017 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Where I buy and What Shade: I got mine from my local Ulta but this foundation seems pretty accessible anywhere Maybelline products are sold near me. I got this in the shade Ivory and it matches so seamlessly to my skintone.

Major Claim(s): It does stay pretty matte and my pores are far less noticeable.

Staying power: On my combo/oily skin this lasts pretty well. I do get some oiliness breaking through about 4.5 hours in but it actually just looks like a nice glow and isn't greasy. Easily removable with a blotting sheet. By the end of work day the foundation is still in tact even around my nose but still looks fresh and isn't cakey looking.

Application and Coverage: It's without a pump which is why the packaging scored lower for me but it could be worse. I've learned LIGHTLY lightly dusting loose powder after primer and before foundation JUST in my oily tzone works well for me. No matter what foundation. So I'll do that and this still keeps the foundation not cakey. The coverage is medium and matte but still natural looking. I repeat no cakiness. Which is really important for me since I need a matte finish and need a little more coverage due to redness and what not. This foundation is definitely buildable which I love especially on days where my skin is acting up and needs a little more coverage around my nose (where I tend to have redness). I top it off with whatever lightweight concealer I'm using at the moment(I'm still hunting for my drugstore ride or die) and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.

Overall: This really is a great foundation if your looking for something matte and not quite full coverage but still want to cover imperfections. Paired with some powder and light concealer... your golden.

on 3/9/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really really wanted to like this as porcelain is absolutely a perfect match for my nc10 skin but this created dry patches I didn't even know I have regardless of using a heavy LRP primer, extra moisturizer...nothing worked and I my face looked like hell for the week I was trying to make it work. I just got the non matte version of this that I am going to try.