Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Purchased on a whim, because I prefer foundations with a matte finish. I always skip powder (because I don't care for it), but my t-zone can get oily, so I need a foundation that can hold up against shine. I ended up choosing #120 Classic Ivory, which works well with my fair/light, neutral skintone (NC20ish). Blends on easily, and sets fairly quickly, but definitely has a pretty, demi-matte finish, without being chalky matte. I either apply it over my SPF moisturizer, or just mix it 50/50 to make a tinted moisturizer, and either way, it holds up nicely. The oil control is just middle of the road. I don't get "oily", maybe just slightly dewy after a few hours, but I like having a natural glow to skin. Like everyone else, I so wish this had a pump! The wide mouthed, pour out bottle is messy, but for $5-$6, I can overlook this. I appreciate that the shade range is quite large, and the price is so reasonable, so I'd def. repurchase!

on 9/19/2018 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was my first foundation ever and I was really excited for it! I thought that the reasons why I didn't like this foundation was because it was my first one, but once I tried other ones... Well, then I knew.

This foundation is matte (duh), which is why I tried it in the first place (and it's cheap). Because I am combination skin and there are some oily parts on my face that need it, anyone would logically try this foundation. I think this is where the problem grows. Once I add moisturizer to the dryer parts of my face, it's like all my face is now all-normal. Having a matte foundation means it will be on the dryer side and I did my best to make my face all on the same level. I'm not a fan of having a shiny face, so I hoped that this would eliminate that aspect. The foundation IS matte, but poreless? This foundation pronounced every single imperfection on my face and made the acne I tried to hide, look worse. My pores often were pronounced. Spots where I moisturized had dry patches due to the matte finish (some parts looked normal, other had weird dry patches). You'd think, "Oh, what about her oily parts of her face?" I liked how it looked sometimes, other times it looked kind of cakey without putting a lot of product on. This foundation constantly felt like it was sitting on top of my face, making me feel so uncomfortable for a long time. I thought this was normal for foundations, until I tried other ones. And finally, it oxidizes. I have yellow under-tones but often, this foundation would steer into orange and it was obvious since I blend down to my neck. Because of the lack of pump, I'd use the back of my hand and it'd oxidizes there too!! There was sometimes a stark difference on my face. It'd be fine at home, but a mess when I was out. Speaking of blending, this product must be blended well because of the formula, it would look kinda ashy sometimes.

I will say that this product reacted well to other powder products, like blush. I do not think you would need powder for this, but I did not use powder to bake or set (since it was my first foundation and I was trying to figure stuff out). Especially with how this foundation finished for me, it's quite matte enough. This product does have a light scent, but it wasn't bad. Just normal foundation smell. It does not come with a pump, which is fine for me, and I would put some on the back of my hand. It was easy to put left-over product back in. The color wasn't the best either. For the price, I would definitely say "buy it" if you've been meaning to do so, and honestly, there is no way you will know how this will react on your skin unless you do. If you're adamant on it, do it. I was and I thought it'd work for me, it didn't.

I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

When I swatched this it matched my skin tone perfectly. I was thrilled because I live in a small town and there aren't many foundation options for very pale people. However it oxidises and becomes slightly darker after a while which isn't great. Buying this a shade lighter than you need is a good idea but I can't as I was using the lightest shade available.

I really like the matte finish, which goes on fairly well and didn't make me break out. I didn't find that it dried out my skin either. It layers up nicely to cover my acne, which I like a lot! In Germany this comes in a plastic tube rather than a glass bottle but it really needs a pump. It can be quite easy to squeeze too much out at a time.

It's disappointing that it oxidises like it does otherwise this would be a great foundation. I'm going back to Dream Satin Liquid.

on 7/9/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mine in the shade 228 soft tan. I have neutral undertone, olive skin. Altho 228 appear too yellow on me at first, after it oxidized, it matches me just fine. I was super happy to purchase just the right shade for me.

I really2 like this foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I have to say, altho it dries down matte, it's actually a semi-matte finish. It doesn't control oil as much as many thought it would be.

Tho, this really is a great foundation for oily skin.
I would usually apply rimmel stay matte primer beforehand and set it with rimmel stay matte powder/maybelline fit me pressed powder/coty airspun loose powder. And it stayed all day long.

This foundation is super easy to blend, gives your skin looking natural, medium coverage and not cakey whatsoever. It covers all the redness and evens out the skin tone.

You gotta try this with its fit me pressed powder. It goes really well together. The combo helps in reducing the visible of pores and keeps oil at bay much longer.
It dries matte fast but not immediately. So make sure you blend it all right after you apply to the face.

I can understand all the bad reviews this foundation is getting. Tho, it's not really this foundation's fault.

Here are few tips for you to overcome this foundation's cons:

- oxidize: choose 1-2 shades lighter. Swatch/test the foundation till it oxidized before you purchase.

- doesn't control oil: each and every foundation needed to be set with a good, mattifying powder. It doesn't matter if the foundation claims to be a matte finish. It still needed to be set with powder for it to stay all day long. Besides that, wear a good mattifying primer underneath the foundation.

- doesn't come with a pump: yeah, it is truly unfortunate. Tho if this bothers you so much, mac sells foundation pumps. I believe it will fit this foundation just fine.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the packaging. The colour range is fine for me as a mid-range white woman. I want to love this. I really do. It goes on so nicely, the colour I’ve got is the perfect match. But the staying power is terrible on me. By lunchtime my makeup has settled into my pores or separated, and any dry patches are accentuated. After a full day - in an air conditioned office, not doing anything strenuous - I look like I’ve been out all night. Shame because the price is excellent and when freshly applied it looks lovely and covers my redness well. But I won’t buy again because I need the staying power!

on 11/12/2017 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this foundation, given that it was reasonably priced (£7) and had a good colour range. I prefer medium to full coverage but this was more light to medium. After three layers applied with a beauty blender (on primed skin) I could still see pores/blemishes/scars. It did feel seamless on my skin, almost like I wasn't wearing anything. I have yellow undertones and a mix of olive and pale skinned thus I really struggled to find a match for my skin. I initially tried 110 & 115 but they were too pale, 120 however was too dark. After about 2 hours of wear, it started looking very patchy and a bit ashy, despite the fact I had set it with powder & spray. By 4 hours my skin looked cakey and started to feel oily. In the UK the packaging is in a plastic tube, it looks cheap and a bottle with a pump would be much better! Overall I was really disappointed in the product and wouldn't buy again!

on 10/11/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

For the price point, it is good. The color I use is 128. For reference, I am NC25 Mac Pro longwear... B20 Chanel Velvet Lumiere.

Edit: longevity wise, this does breakdown and fade on my nose after about 4 hours and it does oxidize to a strange color.

on 7/14/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've never used a drug store foundation before but my regular foundation just wasn't doing its job (maybe my skin is going thru a change?)... But this is a great foundation! I love the weightless feeling with light/medium coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my second bottle of this product. For a drugstore foundation, this one is the best that I've tried. Does what it says and really gives your face a matte look. Not as good as higher end foundations but really good for its price. Would definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin and this works pretty good for me. I do prime my face before and set my foundation with powder as well as setting spray because I know how oily my face can get. The initial application is matte, through-out the day it does get oily but its just the normal amount, and it doesn't look cakey or runny. By the end of the day it is still on my face and hasn't slipped off which i appreciate. The packaging could be better with a pump.