Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 10/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first foundation. I have high hopes for this it as most people gave quite good reviews on it. But all it does is enhance my pore and looks cakey on my combination skin (I have already moisturised and prime my skin). I really hope I will like this product because now i will avoid buying drug store foundation because I'm scarred this will happen again :(

on 10/7/2017 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation clings to dry spots and moves around too much - even with powder. This is my third bottle of the same color + formulation (matte), so I feel like they may have changed something about it. 😕

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good
Affordable sleek looking packaging, I found at Target for around $5.99.
There are a lot of shades to choose from. A little disappointed because I thought when the Fit Me line came out they were labeled warm, cool, neutral but maybe that was just L'oreal.
It was not heavy and or uncomfortable on the skin. It was buildable without looking cakey.
The bad
Nice bottle but no pump.
It was a little hard to find the best shade for me especially since there were no testers.
For my skin tone, I tried the shade Sun Beige.
The color blended so nicely when swatched on my chest, neck, and face but when I applied it all over it looked a bit off. My daughter thought it was just the slightest bit too light, my sons said it was perfect, and to me, it looked a little too yellow or maybe even a little olive.
I felt my chest and arms looked a lot pinker/red-toned compared to my face.(weird because so many beauty reps tell me I am warm or olive). It might match better in the fall and winter.
I can see where the "fit me" part comes in because I could technically make this shade work I just rather not.
The worst part is that it did not work for my oily skin.
After only an hour or two, my face was pretty shiny and it was not long before it turned into a complete greasy mess. I could blot or powder and that would refresh the makeup without looking cakey which was really nice but I would need to touch up nearly every hour after that.
Personally, I do not think this is a great foundation for someone with very oily skin or who is on the go and needs a formula that will last a good while before needing to touch up. Paired with the matching powder was a complete fail so I did not use them together but I did find a way to make it work, and that was using my Coty airspun powder and I would have to bake with it under the eyes and anywhere I tend to get really shiny. This really helped to control the shine longer. Even though this did prolong the wear for me, I rather just find a foundation that performs well from the beginning with my oily skin I will have to touch up once or twice already with a good foundation and I rather not touch up more than that.
I think it would work better for combination skin or normal skin who prefers a more matte satin type finish.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a let down,it is so cheap and has good coverage but it oxidizes way too quickly.Plus i had tiny bumps all over my cheek area after using this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This provides great coverage with just one layer. Another can be added for full coverage. I'm quite fair-skinned and found that there are many suitable shades in this range for someone with lighter skin. Deeper complexions may have more difficulty finding a shade match.This lasts all day without breaking down at all and keeps me matte despite my oily skin. Highly recommended and it's a great price to boot!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my current fave. It gives me a demi matte finish (i have semi dehydrated skin) and with two thin layes, i get a medium/full coverage with this. I love this and will definitely be repurchasing. The only con is the packaging. It doesnt have a pump.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this since I've heard such good things but it just didnt work. Looked cakey and cry on my skin and oxidized like crazy.

on 7/21/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is by far, the best drugstore foundation that I've ever tried. At first I was skeptical because this was so raved around youtube, but now I understand why. It does everything it claims to be. It keeps me away from looking greasy by the end of the day. The coverage is buildable, but I keep it at one layer for a natural everyday finish. 10/10 would by this again in a heartbeat.

on 7/21/2017 1:01:00 AM

I have been on the fence about this foundation for a while because I think I tried the other version of this and did not like it at all !! But on with my review I honestly do really like this foundation. I find it to be medium with one layer and full coverage with two layers. I also have to say I really prefer a brush application to a sponge/beauty blender application I feel as though I get more coverage that way. My routine with this product is that I will moisturizer then use a primer ! My skin looks absolutely gorgeous . You get a matte look without the dry feeling. As with most foundations I do not see with a powder , just a setting spray ! I also have to say the bottle is super messy . You have to be careful because I nearly ruined a makeup bag with this stuff when I thought it was fully closed! Overall I really like it so far and will continue to use it ! The price is amazing too !