Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 9/25/2018 7:57:00 AM

I have this foundation in #120 Classic Ivory and #125 Nude Beige. I would say that a blend of these two shades would suit my skin tone the best (I am around a NC20 / light medium with warm undertones). Honestly #125 matched my skin at first application, but it sort of oxidized after a few hours and got a bit darker (although tolerable) so keep that in mind.

This foundation has a medium buildable coverage and does not weigh heavy on your skin. It also has a demi-matte finish that feels slightly tacky to the touch. If you are a normal skin-type, I feel like you could get by with not powdering your face. It held up pretty well throughout the day and worked well with other products. Nothing really tugged weird and there were no blotchy spots to be found. My skin kept relatively matte but I have tried other foundations that worked better in controlling my oils. It did pretty well with smoothing out my skin and did not crack on my smile lines (which every foundation does) but I felt like it didnt really make a huge difference with my pores.

The packaging is a glass with a sturdy cap. I would prefer if it came with like a spatula (like the wet n wild photofocus foundation) because its much more convenient.

I would rate this a decent 3.8/5. Its a really nice foundation that holds up to its claims but nothing extraordinary that would make me repurchase. I feel like with a few tweaks here and there, this could be on-par with my WnW photofocus.

on 8/11/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. It's a natural satin-matte finish and has medium to full coverage. I always pick it up when I see it on sale. My oily skin still shines through during the day with this, but nothing a little powder can't fix. For the price,you can't beat it.

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I currently own the dewy + smooth finish, but a few years ago I'd buy this version on and off in between using my other foundations. (my shade is Porcelain 110) I have quite oily skin + I'm acne prone with some visible pores along the side of my nose/cheek area, so with this being formulated specifically for oily peeps, I was drawn really quick. Although I would purchase this again, and did really enjoy it, I'm haunted with how I used to apply it.. thinking back, it probably really affected the final look and wear of the product. At the time, I strongly stood by the concept that "more is more" and so that entailed me piling on this foundation, "blending" with my fingers, and despite it clearly being a matte finish that set well, I still felt the need to smack on heaps of pressed powder with the sponge applicator that would come with the compact...bad times.. doing so would leave a rather 'perfect' finish, until about 4 hours later when the product would crinkle up and emphasise any pore, line, flake that was on my skin. (I also wasn't very into skincare or moisturizing my face in general, so... go figure). Not the formulas fault, just be wise when it comes to applying your makeup lol, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Since that is my last experience of using this, I would definitely like to repurchase in the future and see how it looks and feels with proper technique, haha...

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 5/19/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:1. Matte finish and lightweight. 2. Makes my pores look smaller. 3. Coverage is medium and can be build up.
Cons: 1. Oxidized like crazy. My face literally turned to orange color after an hour. 2. You definitely looks like wearing foundation. Not natural looking. Shade 120 is too dark for my nc20 skin coz it oxidized.
Overall, not a bad product but there are many better drugstore foundations ex: covergirl ready set gorgeous is my all time fav for $6.

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.

on 4/18/2018 1:16:00 PM

Saw some good reviews and the price was right so thought I'd check it out. Tended to oxidize, slight orange tinge. Not particularly poreless and I was oily by noon. Will stick with my Revlon Colorstay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am oily, lighter olive, very break-out prone, with some hyperpigmentation. I can’t find a perfect shade unfortunately. I’ve tried 4 colors and the color is either too warm, too cool, or too pink.

This doesn’t cover my hyperpigmentation completely BUT I can do a full face of this stuff with my blender two times and it doesn’t look cakey and will cover everything. This is not full coverage at all it’s definitely medium coverage. It also claims to be matte but I would call it semi-matte. This formula doesn’t oxidize at all from my experience.

It stays put all day BUT I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray soo I really don’t know what it’s actual staying power is like. This doesn’t break up around oily areas which is awesome and it stays looking relatively good by the end of a 12 hour day. I HAVE experienced patchiness by the end of the day however.

Overall I think this is a good buy even just for a backup foundation. For the price it’s pretty awesome and there are very few things I would change if I had the chance.

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

PACKAGING: glass bottle, NO PUMP
SHADE: #110, fair ivory color with yellow undertones, oxidizes darker and peachier
TEXTURE: liquidy but silicone-y, dries to a powdery finish, emphasizes dry patches and sinks into fine lines
COVERAGE: light, can be built to a low medium
STAYING POWER: lasts for 4-5 hours before it starts to break down

I used to try this prior to Accutane (when my skin was super oily) and like all other matte foundations I'd tried, it would break down much easier on me compared to satin ones (my theory is that the oil-controlling ingredients make my skin so aggressively matte that in the end it would produce even more oil to make up for how drying it feels). So now that my skin is more combination, I thought with some decent skin prep I could give it another go.

The thing is, whatever tools I use to apply it with - sponge, brush, fingers - it just never looks good and would always pick up on any dry patches I've managed to previously tame down with my moisturizers. Coverage is barely there (might be full for those with perfect skin but with severely blemished skin like mine, it's a no), oxidizes like crazy, and still breaks down and gets oily as easy as before.

I imagine that if you are willing to use a good primer that can prolong the wear time of this foundation, have normal skin with no texture, and don't like to use powder afterwards, you might like this. But why bother when there are so many better drugstore foundations out there that aren't as much of a hassle to use?