Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.2

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

PACKAGING: glass bottle, NO PUMP
SHADE: #110, fair ivory color with yellow undertones, oxidizes darker and peachier
TEXTURE: liquidy but silicone-y, dries to a powdery finish, emphasizes dry patches and sinks into fine lines
COVERAGE: light, can be built to a low medium
STAYING POWER: lasts for 4-5 hours before it starts to break down

I used to try this prior to Accutane (when my skin was super oily) and like all other matte foundations I'd tried, it would break down much easier on me compared to satin ones. So now that my skin is more combination, I thought with some decent skin prep I could give it another go.

The thing is, whatever tools I use to apply it with - sponge, brush, fingers - it just never looks good and would always pick up on any dry patches I've managed to previously tame down with my moisturizers. Coverage is barely there (might be full for those with perfect skin but with severely blemished skin like mine, it's a no), oxidizes like crazy, and still breaks down and gets oily as easy as before.

I imagine that if you are willing to use a good primer that can prolong the wear time of this foundation, have normal skin with no texture, and don't like to use powder afterwards, you might like this. But why bother when there are so many better drugstore foundations out there that aren't as much of a hassle to use?

I wasn't expecting too much on this product because I have tried other foundations with the same price but the effect weren't great. This one is different. It was very easy to apply with any tools. It is also buildable so if you're not contented with the 1st layer, you can always add another layer. It is comfortable on my skin.
After 6 hours, I oiled up but the foundation was still great after blotting. It's very humid in the place where I'm at so I already expected that. The only part where the foundation was ruined were on the sides of my nose and under my lips.
Check my full review @ http://www.diaryofaiko.com/2018/02/review-maybelline-new-york-fit-me-matte.html

Definitely not the best foundation I've used. It makes me look slightly orange, even though I have the shade 105 fair ivory. It does not have great coverage, especially since it wears off very quickly. It also accentuates the dried skin on my face and dries it out even more. I would prefer that the bottle had a pump as well.

Not a bad foundation but probably better for oily skin because it really clings to dry patches of skin, particularly around my nose. I was somewhat able to mitigate this using moisturizer and Ulta primer, but not 100%. I'm a pale lady and drugstore foundations are frequently too dark, but in the lightest shade (110 Porcelain) this is great -- not too rosy or too yellow and does not oxidize into a darker shade. I'm willing to try this out with different primers because the shade is beautiful on my skin and the price is right.

on 12/12/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This looks like straight up paint on my face and emphasizes fine lines and wrinkles that I didn’t even know I had. I’m 24 and this foundation makes me look ten years older. However they have an awesome shade range and it is affordable. If you have super soft baby skin and no problem with dryness or pores this might work for you.

on 12/10/2017 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is not pore-less whatsoever, in fact it exaggerates my pores. It looks dry and doesn't keep back the oils on my skin, it was also rather difficult to blend for some reason, even though it is quite runny, it seemed to grab and collect in places especially on my lower cheeks. I find that the lightest shade (the one I use) oxidises into an almost orangey-pinky tone. Overall I would not personally recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so sad this didn't work out for me. The coverage was so nice and the finish was nice though my skin is quite dry since starting retin-a.
But it left me with 3 new breakouts on my forehead and near my mouth where I never get pimples. I hadn't used anything else new so it's definitely this product.
I wouldn't recommend this if you're acne-prone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great when it's fresh. However, if you have oily skin, you will get oily again in a few hours. Does not keep you matte.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My excuse for always buying high end foundation was because drugstore brands never could give me what I wanted: full coverage, long lasting, and matches my very light neutral skin tone. That being said I do keep a bottle of whatever is on sale from the drugstore for those days where you're only running errands for an hour or two and don't want to waste your Estee Lauder. I continue to be impressed with Fit Me because it has medium-high coverage, very spreadable and I find it doesn't take much to cover my face and it actually stays on the WHOLE day. I start work at 5am which means I'm putting my makeup on at 3:30 and when I take it off at 7pm it still looks good. No patchiness, no fading, and no melting so I'm making this my go to foundation. My wallet is rejoicing that I'm going from $50 foundation to $5.

The only things I've noticed that aren't much of an issue to me, but could be for other people are :

1) Do not buy this if you have even the slightest dry skin. I almost never do but the super rare times I have a couple of dry patches this foundation clings to it and it looks horrible.

2) This oxidizes. The lightest shade porcelain/110 almost looks too light when I initially put it on (which is an accomplishment in it of itself since I'm so pale) but an hour or two later it looks like I have a slight tan. It doesn't look too unnatural on me so I personally don't mind and lord knows I need the color to look alive

on 10/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first foundation. I have high hopes for this it as most people gave quite good reviews on it. But all it does is enhance my pore and looks cakey on my combination skin (I have already moisturised and prime my skin). I really hope I will like this product because now i will avoid buying drug store foundation because I'm scarred this will happen again :(