Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation so much but not on its own.
Mixed with L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow foundation (201 Classic Ivory, which is super pink), this gives me the most beautiful satin skin I've ever seen on my face and gives me a very decent amount of coverage that borders on full coverage.
My skin seriously has the texture of a porcelain doll, that's how amazing Matte & Poreless looks when mixed with a dewy, moisturizing foundation. My skin is so smooth looking, airbrushed and looks absolutely just perfect even up close in a mirror. I was so shocked when I looked at my skin after all my makeup was done.
On its own, this stuff is so very drying but it's not aimed at dry skin. The 2 lightest shades, 110 Porcelain and 112 Natural Ivory are pretty fair skin friendly and are not too cool toned (meaning super pink) which is a good thing. I mix 110 Porecelain with L'Oreal Pro Glow in 201 Classic Ivory. Even I, a cool toned lady, hates the "calamine pink" shades some foundations have for us fair toned folks.
Now, the Dewy & Smooth version of this in 102 Fair Porcelain is a laughable shade for us very fair people. You'd think with a lower number and the 2 words 'fair' and 'porcelain' would indicate a shade pretty suitable for us super fair out there, but no, that shade is suited for light skin tones, not fair skin tones.
If you're dry and even have a case of the flakies, Matte & Poreless when mixed with a dewy foundation and applied with a damp beauty sponge won't emphasize any flakes at all, at least in my experience.

on 11/12/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS! For some reason I can’t find a match for the dewy one but this one matches my skin tone perfectly. It sets well and doesn’t make me breakout.

on 10/18/2018 11:24:00 PM

After the rave reviews at Insta and the whole planet basically I decided to try this out . There was a sale at the drug store and this was going on a huge discount. I felt this was a good deal. The sales person tried 220 and 230 on my back of my palm and matched to 230. I`m NC35-37 for ref. Gosh it was a disaster. Its too yellow golden on me! And then after researching the net, I went back to the store to check out 220 but still discovered its shows my pores and was too rosy. So I think I'm a 222 but didnt bother to buy another bottle.
I got too many negative feedback on 230 so I just use a tiny dot and dust some light powder because i sooooo wanted this to work. Further to my torment it oxidized and then I look darker. I look so yellow and sallow by the end of the day.
Hmmm... Then there`s an issue with the bottle. It didn't come with a pump dispenser. So I now i had to purchase a pump dispenser. So much for saving during a sale! I managed to find a pump dispenser and bottle at sephora and now thankfully i get the right amount. Even then it makes me look dark so I have to blend and add lighter powders. Having said that this actually looks like second skin because it didn't clog pores but removal was kinda hard. It leaves this oil- proof like film on your skin. You need some heavy duty makeup remover/cotton pads. Again more money to spend!! Urghhh..I give up. Not repurchasing!

Pros
The small bottle is ok and fits into makeup bags for travels.

Is it worth it?
Try on bare face. Choose lighter shade 'cos it does oxidized real bad
Do you want to splurge on the pump dispenser?

Maybelline, this certainly didn't "fit me"!!!

on 9/25/2018 7:57:00 AM

I have this foundation in #120 Classic Ivory and #125 Nude Beige. I would say that a blend of these two shades would suit my skin tone the best (I am around a NC20 / light medium with warm undertones). Honestly #125 matched my skin at first application, but it sort of oxidized after a few hours and got a bit darker (although tolerable) so keep that in mind.

This foundation has a medium buildable coverage and does not weigh heavy on your skin. It also has a demi-matte finish that feels slightly tacky to the touch. If you are a normal skin-type, I feel like you could get by with not powdering your face. It held up pretty well throughout the day and worked well with other products. Nothing really tugged weird and there were no blotchy spots to be found. My skin kept relatively matte but I have tried other foundations that worked better in controlling my oils. It did pretty well with smoothing out my skin and did not crack on my smile lines (which every foundation does) but I felt like it didnt really make a huge difference with my pores.

The packaging is a glass with a sturdy cap. I would prefer if it came with like a spatula (like the wet n wild photofocus foundation) because its much more convenient.

I would rate this a decent 3.8/5. Its a really nice foundation that holds up to its claims but nothing extraordinary that would make me repurchase. I feel like with a few tweaks here and there, this could be on-par with my WnW photofocus.

on 8/11/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. It's a natural satin-matte finish and has medium to full coverage. I always pick it up when I see it on sale. My oily skin still shines through during the day with this, but nothing a little powder can't fix. For the price,you can't beat it.

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I currently own the dewy + smooth finish, but a few years ago I'd buy this version on and off in between using my other foundations. (my shade is Porcelain 110) I have quite oily skin + I'm acne prone with some visible pores along the side of my nose/cheek area, so with this being formulated specifically for oily peeps, I was drawn really quick. Although I would purchase this again, and did really enjoy it, I'm haunted with how I used to apply it.. thinking back, it probably really affected the final look and wear of the product. At the time, I strongly stood by the concept that "more is more" and so that entailed me piling on this foundation, "blending" with my fingers, and despite it clearly being a matte finish that set well, I still felt the need to smack on heaps of pressed powder with the sponge applicator that would come with the compact...bad times.. doing so would leave a rather 'perfect' finish, until about 4 hours later when the product would crinkle up and emphasise any pore, line, flake that was on my skin. (I also wasn't very into skincare or moisturizing my face in general, so... go figure). Not the formulas fault, just be wise when it comes to applying your makeup lol, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Since that is my last experience of using this, I would definitely like to repurchase in the future and see how it looks and feels with proper technique, haha...

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 5/19/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:1. Matte finish and lightweight. 2. Makes my pores look smaller. 3. Coverage is medium and can be build up.
Cons: 1. Oxidized like crazy. My face literally turned to orange color after an hour. 2. You definitely looks like wearing foundation. Not natural looking. Shade 120 is too dark for my nc20 skin coz it oxidized.
Overall, not a bad product but there are many better drugstore foundations ex: covergirl ready set gorgeous is my all time fav for $6.

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.