Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 5/9/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A reliably easy-to-use matte foundation that blends beautifully and gives a smooth satin-like finish. I would consider this the drugstore dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Did not highlight my dry patches like other cheap drugstore brand foundations and my shade was easy to find due to the extensive shade range. Wore through the day without oxidising or turning into an oil slick. It wasn't a super long wearing one but it was decent for what it is. I appreciate how much I can still rely on this foundation for days even when my skin feels bad, dry or acne-prone. I only wish it came in a pump.

on 3/15/2018 4:13:00 PM

This is a very good dupe for the Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation.

This is one of the best affordable foundations ever .
Buildable coverage, covers imperfections and evens skin tones.

My skin is combo, but more on the dry side and i never found a problem with this and my dry skin.
Its not very matte its more of a satin-matte. Theres still a natrual glow from your skin peeping through. I do find that throughout the day my skin does get shiny when using this. But am not mad at that because atleast it doesnt go cakey and flat.

I really recommend this, the finish is beautiful and i love a foundation that will blur and smooth out my skin which this really does.
Whether i use a brush or sponge, it doesnt matter as i love the finish either way. I much prefer this to the Mac Studio Fluid.
It blends out easy too, the formula feels nice it foesnt feel tacky or dry.
My only tiny criticism is that it doesnt last longer then six hours on me, the initial look it gives me doesnt last that long. But its a drugstore foundation so i wasn’t expecting a full eight hour wear. One of my friends who does use this, says she finds it a bit drying on her skin so i think if you are very dry, you might feel this way too.

Either way i love it. I am in the shade 220 Natrual Beige. And i would say thats a medium shade with neutral undertones. I am a 300 in fenty beauty and Golden Tan in the hourglass stick.

on 3/2/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had gotten this on a sale for just $10, where it normally retails to around $20 in my country. For the price, it was astoundingly good, but for marketing it's name as fit me, one would assume it's for everyone, but the range of shades is really just light medium to medium dark. The shade 128 is slightly darker and yellower compared to the kvd liquid foundation in neutral 45 ( the closest mainstream brand that i could find closest to my skin at the moment), but well, fits me well enough for everyday.

Pros:
Cheap
Medium-full buildable coverage
Doesn't need powder to set
Matte
Not drying
Lightweight
Little product needed for full face

Cons:
No pump, can't control the flow of product,might have little accidents
Needs to be worked on quickly or it'll dry in an awkward gloop.
Would settle into fine lines and make pores more obvious if too much is used
Not cruelty free

I'd repurchase if I haven't found something better that works for my skin.

This foundation is great but the packaging is TERRIBLE. If it had a pump it would be unbeatable but honestly it gets super messy trying to dump the foundation onto your hand. The foundation itself is fantastic - medium buildable coverage, great on combination skin. Long lasting, etc. I use a primer and setting spray and it lasts 12+ hrs. Highly recommend!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing matte or poreless about this if you actually have larger pores and are genuinely oily. Truly did not work for me and I am both of those things. It applied very sheer but felt heavy on my face. The price point can be rather high for something that works so badly and the packaging is not user friendly. It needs a pump desperately. Trying to use this is like using Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle.. frustrating and you don’t get the result you want.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute garbage. Coverage is terrible. Waste of time; literally tossed in the trash.

on 1/11/2018 8:16:00 AM

I’ll start out by saying it’s decent for the price. I’ve used this product for a while now and I go from loving to to hating it and back and forth again. However, I’ve been on an “its not working out” kick for about a year now. The coverage is light to medium. Which is fine at first. It looks beautiful at first. But it disappears on my skin. I’m not a super oily person but this makes me shiny. There is no touching it up for me. I have to wash he little that’s left and completely reapply. I’ve started mixing a little Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea with this and it seems to hold a lot better. Colors seems good though. I do generally go a shade lighter if I can so it doesn’t oxidize too dark.

It’s certainly not my favorite but for the price, it’s decent. It’s a good backup if I can’t find something else.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This for me is a reliable foundation. My skin can get oily, and while I wouldn't say this keeps me completely matte throughout the day, it isn't cakey and stays on reasonably well. I'd say it gives me a natural-matte finish which is fine for me, I actually prefer to not have a really matte makeup look. Coverage is medium that can be built up. I wouldn't wear this for more formal occasions but I like it for everyday.

on 12/19/2017 12:36:00 PM

I sincerely wanted to love this because I am always on the look out for matte foundation that wont break the bank. First thing, I love that it is cheap. I love that I was able to find a color that matches my skin and even my undertone. Second, I like the way it blends out because I had no trouble whatsoever. Lastly, I didn't break out which is a plus in my book.

Going to the things I didn't like, the very first thing I noticed is that it oxidized. I was warned that it did but the degree of oxidation was just too much. I also like to typically have medium to full coverage so using the amount I did turned me orange. I literally had to wipe it off because I would rather go bare faced than suffer through that. I know that this can be corrected with concealers and stuff but I'm a medical student and I do not have time to fuss around with foundation longer than I have to. Another thing I hate is that I really felt like it did nothing for my pore and fine lines. I actually felt it was exaggerated and that you could see the texture in my face. And finally, I hate that this turned my face so oily that after having worn it for about 3 hours and after sitting in an air conditioned room for most of the time, it still looked terrible. I had about four soaked sheets and that is not cute after just three hours.

I gave this foundation several tries and still nothing. So I will be retiring this foundation and return to my loreal one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My skin is very fair but has pink undertones, so I often find it difficult to find foundation that's not too yellow. This brand is really good for people with pinker skin tones because there's a good range of options in addition to the usual yellow ones. Coverage wise it's not bad. Even a thin layer smooths out your skin tone.

The only thing I have found as I get older is that it doesn't stay on my skin. It separates in the areas of my face that are most oily (t-zone and chin) and the creases. It doesn't matter if I use the branded primer, setting spray, bake, whatever. Same result.

If you are younger and don't have oily skin, this might be a great choice for you. However if your skin is oily or - as much as it pains me to utter these words - more mature then this is probably not your best option.