Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My skin is very fair but has pink undertones, so I often find it difficult to find foundation that's not too yellow. This brand is really good for people with pinker skin tones because there's a good range of options in addition to the usual yellow ones. Coverage wise it's not bad. Even a thin layer smooths out your skin tone.

The only thing I have found as I get older is that it doesn't stay on my skin. It separates in the areas of my face that are most oily (t-zone and chin) and the creases. It doesn't matter if I use the branded primer, setting spray, bake, whatever. Same result.

If you are younger and don't have oily skin, this might be a great choice for you. However if your skin is oily or - as much as it pains me to utter these words - more mature then this is probably not your best option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For a drugstore brand and price it's a must for oily skin gals. Try it, because it
won't break your bank account

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This was a product that I tried after buying and decided it was no good for since the coverage is very light.

A couple of weeks ago I tried again. Using the buffing brush this foundation looked beautiful. I used a heavier foundation on my trouble spots and felt flawless. Thats before the rashy/spottiness started later da a few days later..... My face became rough and bumpy.

Now that I have seen the ingredients it makes sense. Alcohol is in the top ingredients and that aggravates my skin. This is a shame because I do think the finish and lightweight texture is quite appealing and natural for summer but I'm not going to put it on my skin ever again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Since this product has been very adequately reviewed by so many, I'll just add:
Cons:
- Causes me actual spot-type zits; every time I've used this, after a two or three days of use, I get little red zits here and there. No!
- gets chalky by the end of the day
- I wasted so much of this with this useless glass bottle! Fine for me since I'm getting rid of it, but not so great for those who don't like to waste product!
Pros:
- where it isn't chalky, it's perfectly, gorgeously dewy by the end of the day
- comes in the perfect pale color that doesn't give me white face, but then I don't have a yellow or pink mask, either.

I will use this up because I'm cheap, but definitely not repurchase. I have severe acne scarring/bumps along my lower cheeks/jawline, and texture all over my forehead. This is simply not flattering on textured skin. I appreciate that the palest shade (110 porcelain) is truly pale, likely the very palest you can buy at the drugstore. I also like the matte finish, and find it to be relatively longwearing. But for girls with texture, I'm warning you this is seriously unflattering.

This doesn't hold a candle to my all time favourite drugstore foundation, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25h, nor to my second favourite, Revlon Colorstay Whipped (it's gotta be the whipped one!). Both of those have a thicker consistency but if you apply a sheer layer and blend them out, they really appear in synergy with the skin rather than sit on top and emphasize exactly everything you don't want emphasized.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I travel a lot and do a lot of client interactions so I have to look amazing at all times. I normally wear my faithful Double Wear but I hate to burn through a 40 buck foundation. I was introduced to this product and have fallen in love. I was a bit nervous since it's drugstore but this really comes up there with those higher end products. I like that there are colors that match my melanin-enriched skin beautifully and the formula rocks. I use my MUFE matte primer and then put this on and set with MAC's MSF. Flawless and matte finish that as the day progresses will end up in a nice glowy-not grease ball finish. Def a win especially if it's on BOGO.

on 3/12/2017 3:20:00 AM

I first tried the Dewy Finish and it gave me a rash. The Fit Me Matte and the Covergirl Aquasmooth compact foundation are the only foundations I've used that don't give me a rash, cause irritation pimples, or feel so itchy by the end of the day that I'm dying to take it off. I don't love matte finishes, but for this alone I will give the product five stars.

The Fit Me Matte has light, matte coverage, comparable to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped. I have combo/ normal skin, but I think this product would be even better for someone with oily skin.

I'm NC25 and I use shade 128.

Other products that I've tried that didn't work:
Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth - Caused rash
Revlon Colorstay Whipped - Felt a bit itchy, might have been responsible for a few irritation pimples
Maybelline Dream Velvet - Caused rash
Revlon New Complexion Creme to Powder - Caused rash and irritation pimples
Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Fix (stick) - Felt itchy, caused irritation pimples
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous - Didn't cause pimples/ rash, but still feels a bit itchy by the end of the day
Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer - Extra itchy by the end of the day
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - A little itchy by the end of the day
Laura Mercier Illuminizing Tinted Moisturizer - A little itchy
Clinique CC Cream - A little itchy

Also, the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth and L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundations have identical ingredients up until a few preservatives at the very end.

Please visit my notepad for more on stuff I like and referral links and coupon codes.

Wish it was better packaging but I love this, my favorite foundation by far

on 2/25/2017 6:31:00 AM

So far, this is the best drugstore foundation I have tried. I have combination skin and it sits beautifully. I got it in the shade 112 natural ivory which is a great match for me in the winter when I'm really pale. I apply it with the beautyblender and it gives a matte finish without it looking overly matte and cakey. It lasts around 6 hours and doesn't look cakey. I get a medium coverage but it is buildable to full coverage.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've used this for a year or so. It's hard finding a liquid foundation that matches my skin tone. The shade I use in this brand better matches my skin in the summer when I have a tan.

This foundation goes on smooth and is blendable. I like the texture.

It doesn't seem to mattify my skin. It only does at first when I add the powder over top, but then gets shiny after a few hours. It tends to oxidize when my skin starts producing more oil than normal, which turns into a slight orangey tone. I also think that the foundation in the bottle has started oxidizing as well, which makes me kind of disappointed.

I wish the container had a smaller opening because it can come out fast and pour out too much product.

I'll probably start looking for a new liquid foundation soon. Hopefully I can find one in my skin tone.