Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 10/8/2017 5:05:00 AM

I really liked this foundation at first, but recently my skin has been breaking out a lot, and this foundation doesn't cover it probably at all. It's starting to look quite patchy on my skin after a couple of hours, and it has a tendency to cling to dry spots. I have combination skin with dry spots and texture, so everyone won't experience this issue, I'm thinking that if you have normal to oily skin, it will probably look more smooth on you.
When I put this foundation on, it looks a bit too light and yellow-ish on me, (I have it in the shade 115 ivory) but then it oxidizes and turns a bit darker and reddish.
I apply this with a damp sponge and usually set it with the Rimmel stay matte powder. Not my favourite powder at all, but a girl is on a budget, ya know.
But overall it's a an ok product for the price, and I can make it work with the proper moisturizer and primer first.
I wish it had a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The hype is REAL with this one. I hadn't bought it since I was afraid it was kind of overhyped, and had resorted to L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation and found this one to be so close in quality! The only thing that keeps this foundation in second place for me is its packaging... Having to decanter the product out is a recipe for disaster, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. Nevertheless, it has really good medium-to-full coverage and lasts a whole work day. I live in the tropics so finding a foundation that won't be reduced to a bunch of pigmented patches on the face is KEY. I was really happy I hopped on the hype train for this one. I have very oily skin and don't even have to set it with powder. TL/DR; Meh packaging, FANTASTIC product!

on 9/8/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using this foundation for about a year until I discovered the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte, and I have to say, L'Oreal is much better.

I'm typically very oily with most foundations; nothing lasts more than 4-6 hours before I need to blot my face with at least 2 blotting sheets. This foundation was a good color match for me, but it didn't keep me "matte and poreless" all day.

It did give a nice finish at the beginning, but by the end of the day, I looked like a greasy mess. I tried setting sprays and different primers, but I just couldn't get this foundation to work for me. I also didn't like how it doesn't have a pump.

I would only repurchase this if I had nothing else to use and if I was only going out for a few hours. I do appreciate the shade range and it photographs well, but I wish it controlled my oil better. My perfect shade would be a mix between 120 and 127. Overall, this is an okay drugstore foundation, but I wouldn't reach for it if I had to be out all day or night.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I've been using this foundation for years now. I have yet to find a color that matches my skin perfectly. I love the formula and it works so well with my extremely oily skin but the color is always off. I experimented with 4 different shades over the years and the best result is from just blending them together to get it the closest to my skin tone. The bottle top could be better as well it gets really messy at the top. I just use it because it is really hard to find something that works this well with my skin as well as this one has. I also don't break out with it and it doesn't contribute to any skin congestion.

on 8/27/2017 4:14:00 PM

After reading rave reviews I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy this foundation, we don't get the fancy bottle in the U.K we get the cheap tube instead.
It's a very runny foundation and my shade is natural tan which I thought would be a good match, it pulls very orange on me and doesn't have any coverage, my dark circles and redness were stil peaking through after one layer, I did try and build this up age got a medium coverage but because it pulls orange I run the risk of looking like a tangerine.
It's a average foundation nothing to scream about, the finish is a natural i wouldn't describe it as matte more of a satin matte very skin like.

on 8/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's talked about quite a lot on YouTube and it's so cheap. But alas even though it says it was meant for oilier skin types, I did not find this to suit my combo-oily skin.

It looks really nice when initially applied - it's a light-medium coverage and I wouldn't say it's super matte, it's more of a semi-matte finish as you can still see some shine on the foundation even after it has dried. However, the thing I dislike the most is that it emphasises EVERY bit of texture on my face, even with a primer underneath. I don't have super textured skin but this just sinks into my pores, clings to the dry patches on my nose, cakes up around my nose and makes the laugh lines around my mouth look really obvious (and given that I'm only 23 that's saying something). The lasting power is really disappointing as I find that this just melts off my face after around 3 hours even with a primer and setting spray.

If you're very oily-skinned and looking for something longwearing, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to mix this with some hyaluronic acid so that it doesn't look so weird on my skin and lasts longer (don't ask me why this works, it just does!). As a standalone product however, I don't think it does what it claims to do other than have an excellent shade range. This might work for you if you have normal skin or are only SLIGHTLY oily, and want an everyday matte foundation from the drugstore - otherwise I think there are a lot of better options out there, even if you have to pay a little more for it.

I've used this foundation for the last two years and I'll no longer be using it. When I first bought it I thought it'd be a really good foundation for a great price but after buying it in different finishes and colors it's left me disappointed. The color really gets orangey and oily as the day goes on and it leaves my skin feeling slimy no matter what products I use under and on top of it. If you're looking for a light coverage this is the foundation for you! But if you have acne prone skin and it's oily I wouldn't recommend. Overall I'm not going to be buying it again but it's great for lightwear. When applied with a foundation brush it gets streaky, when applied with a silicone sponge it is also streaky and unever, but when applied with a regular makeup sponge or beauty blender it leaves the nicest finish out of all the other options. If the product was more buildable and didn't oxide as bad I would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my current fave. It gives me a demi matte finish (i have semi dehydrated skin) and with two thin layes, i get a medium/full coverage with this. I love this and will definitely be repurchasing. The only con is the packaging. It doesnt have a pump.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this since I've heard such good things but it just didnt work. Looked cakey and cry on my skin and oxidized like crazy.