Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.

on 11/22/2017 11:28:00 PM

I love it how it makes my face so flawless and poreless. Really loved it at first! But after wipe off the foundation on my face, I realize my forehead had few bumps popping out. At first, I thought it was probably my diet so I don't suspect it was from this foundation. Then I gave a second try of this and few pimples start to pop out around my forehead! I rarely get pimple before but every time when I apply this there's a red bumps or pimples pop out! 😫😫😫 Will never purchase this and I probably will throw it away.

on 11/22/2017 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

128 Warm Nude matched my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 skin fairly well. Starts off slightly pale, but oxidizes over the course of the day to match.

Its mattifying effect starts off too strong, making me look dull and flat; it clings to my every fine line and pore until about midday when my skin has produced enough oil to actually look natural and even kind of glowy. Unfortunately, by the end of a workday at the office, the foundation has started to visibly break up on my very oily skin. The sebaceous filaments on my nose seem to protrude more from my pores after wearing this foundation.

If I were willing to put in more effort to make this work, I would try a primer, finishing powder, setting spray, and/or blotting papers. For now, I’ll keep looking.

on 11/19/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this product does not come in my shade. I’m from Southeast Asia with light yellow undertone skin and I’ve tried about 5 different shades. The closest shade I found was classic ivory, but it was still too cool for my skin color. This was very disappointing because the product itself wasn’t that bad. It blends well, but it does get oily after a while. I tried this product out because of all the hype and it was pretty decent. However, I’m not a huge fan of the bottle because when I threw it out I felt there were still some product left inside. I would definitely buy this product again if it has my shade!

on 11/19/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation a couple years ago and my skin did not react well to it. My hormones were going crazy then so I decided to retry it this summer and it works great! It looks beautiful on my oily skin for most of the day and I can extend the wear by blotting and retouching where needed (nose, chin, forehead). I do not have a lot to cover so it's medium finish works great for me. It looks like my skin, but better.

I am a late bloomer when it comes to this foundation. I have purposely ignored it for so long because in a way I am a foundation snob and I have quite a bit in my collection. However, I am impressed with the way this foundation held up on my oily combination skin.

A bit of background, I suffer from old acne scars (pit scars, box scars etch) and I try my best to minimize their appearance by using primers. In this case, I used a combo of Hourglass Mineral Veil and L'Oreal Magic Base (dupe for timeless primer from Tarte) on the center of my face.

Application: The blendability of this foundation is amazing. It blended right away with my beauty sponge.

Shade: I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory. For reference, I am MAC NC 25 (Light Medium with Golden/Olive Undertones).

Coverage: Light to Medium Coverage. If you have any active acne or intense redness on your skin, you will need a concealer.

Longevity: I am using this during the winter time so the weather will help to sustain the longevity of it.

Price: So darn cheap!

Packaging: No pump ugh!

Overall, a decent foundation and could rival my HG Revlon Colorstay. If you are looking for a decent, affordable foundation this is a must try.

I hope this helps!

on 11/11/2017 12:03:00 AM

I think this product is overhyped. The shade I got was a good color match and didn’t oxidize much. The coverage is decent, but it starts fading after a few hours and didn’t keep my skin matte for long, and I became oily. It also broke me out after 2 uses :(

on 11/9/2017 11:17:00 AM

matte finish, emphasizes my scars which makes me want to wash it off right after applying it, broke me out on the same day

on 11/8/2017 5:07:00 AM

I have mixed-oily skin. It looks great on my skin for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, and then it starts dissapeiring. Oxide on my skin, deffinitly not buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so sad this didn't work out for me. The coverage was so nice and the finish was nice though my skin is quite dry since starting retin-a.
But it left me with 3 new breakouts on my forehead and near my mouth where I never get pimples. I hadn't used anything else new so it's definitely this product.
I wouldn't recommend this if you're acne-prone.