Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute garbage. Coverage is terrible. Waste of time; literally tossed in the trash.

I wasn't expecting too much on this product because I have tried other foundations with the same price but the effect weren't great. This one is different. It was very easy to apply with any tools. It is also buildable so if you're not contented with the 1st layer, you can always add another layer. It is comfortable on my skin.
After 6 hours, I oiled up but the foundation was still great after blotting. It's very humid in the place where I'm at so I already expected that. The only part where the foundation was ruined were on the sides of my nose and under my lips.
Check my full review @ http://www.diaryofaiko.com/2018/02/review-maybelline-new-york-fit-me-matte.html

on 2/4/2018 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Skin type is NC combination.

I keep coming back to this, even when I try other products. For combination skin, it stays for a full day on oily parts of the face and mattifies where I would usually be a greasy mess by the end of the day. It’s buildable too, which means I can use less on my cheeks where I have normal skin, and more in my t-zone.

Of course the huge range of shades is also helpful, and I tend to buy a couple and mix to get my exact neutral shade.

Still my go to foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this foundation daily. I use it when I run out of my daily foundation or when I'm not doing much and just want some coverage. What I love about this is a little goes a LONG way. It dries down pretty well and doesn't accentuate dry patches too bad. It honestly covers almost as much as my Merle Norman foundation, but doesn't stay matte for as long as it does. What I don't like about this product is that it oxidizes through out the day and there is no pump on the packaging. But, for less than $6, you can't beat the quality!

I try lots of foundations!! Mostly high end ones because drugstore ones always disappoint. This one is the best drug store foundation I have ever tried! Has staying power, great coverage and build able. I love it more than Estee L DW! Has a nice finish and doesn't crease or cake! I have already bought another bottle which is something I have never done with a drugstore foundation! I find that it goes on best with a make up brush. Give it a try!

on 1/11/2018 8:16:00 AM

I’ll start out by saying it’s decent for the price. I’ve used this product for a while now and I go from loving to to hating it and back and forth again. However, I’ve been on an “its not working out” kick for about a year now. The coverage is light to medium. Which is fine at first. It looks beautiful at first. But it disappears on my skin. I’m not a super oily person but this makes me shiny. There is no touching it up for me. I have to wash he little that’s left and completely reapply. I’ve started mixing a little Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea with this and it seems to hold a lot better. Colors seems good though. I do generally go a shade lighter if I can so it doesn’t oxidize too dark.

It’s certainly not my favorite but for the price, it’s decent. It’s a good backup if I can’t find something else.

on 12/24/2017 12:12:00 PM

I have a very oily T zone, but a very dry cheek, and I found that this foundation really grabbed my dry spots, but I was able to fix that using a hydrating serum underneath. It did not oxidize, but it MUST be set with a powder, or it comes off on everything. I usually use a green color corrector to cover my cystic acne, acne vulgaris, and acne rosacea, and the foundation (when paired with a concealer) covered that quite nicely.
Usually, foundations exaggerate my pores, but I found that this one didn’t do that, it covered them beautifully and fully. It did settle in my smile lines and around my nose after around 4-5 hours of wear, which was quite annoying, as I have 12-16 hour school days. Overall this is a great foundation at a great price for the quality, I only wish there was a pump!

on 12/20/2017 2:50:00 PM

very good drug store foundation

on 12/19/2017 12:36:00 PM

I sincerely wanted to love this because I am always on the look out for matte foundation that wont break the bank. First thing, I love that it is cheap. I love that I was able to find a color that matches my skin and even my undertone. Second, I like the way it blends out because I had no trouble whatsoever. Lastly, I didn't break out which is a plus in my book.

Going to the things I didn't like, the very first thing I noticed is that it oxidized. I was warned that it did but the degree of oxidation was just too much. I also like to typically have medium to full coverage so using the amount I did turned me orange. I literally had to wipe it off because I would rather go bare faced than suffer through that. I know that this can be corrected with concealers and stuff but I'm a medical student and I do not have time to fuss around with foundation longer than I have to. Another thing I hate is that I really felt like it did nothing for my pore and fine lines. I actually felt it was exaggerated and that you could see the texture in my face. And finally, I hate that this turned my face so oily that after having worn it for about 3 hours and after sitting in an air conditioned room for most of the time, it still looked terrible. I had about four soaked sheets and that is not cute after just three hours.

I gave this foundation several tries and still nothing. So I will be retiring this foundation and return to my loreal one.

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.