Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation but I would love it a lot more if it had a pump dispense. Kind of annoying that it doesn't. Makes your skin look flawless and smooth though. Medium to buildable coverage and just sinks into the skin so nicely and lasts all day long. Great for my oily forehead and T zone.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So impressed!!!!! Honestly this foundation makes me look pretttty close to airbrushed and for 6-8 bucks... how can you go wrong. It almostttt makes me look just as good as my beloved Armani luminous silk.. and that sucker is 62 bucks. I would just say it dosent last as long but the colour range is big, it gives good coverage and covers pores!! Which is always a win for me. It truly think it does what it says it will do. Keep your matte and cover the pores. Great job maybelline!!!! (Also love the fitme pressed powders)

This foundation is really, really good. I think I am currently on my 5th bottle (and my skin has changed a fair amount between each buy, from oily to dry, from blemishes to none) and this product hasn't disappointed yet.

The pros are that the product really suits my skin tone (fair but warm - most foundations are too cool/pink for me), it has good coverage, blends well and stays all day. It also looks pretty natural on my skin. Reminds me a lot in its consistency and look/feel of Dior Forever Undercover, but for a fraction of the price.

Description wise, it is quite thin/watery when it comes out of the bottle, but this isn't a problem and just means that it sweeps onto my skin nicely and feels less cakey.

My best match summer shade was possibly on the slightly too orange side, but I really am picking up on the tiniest thing here and I think even then it looked great.

Overall fab foundation for an amazing price; couldn't really be happier. Apart from maybe if the bottle was prettier!

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 5/12/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very oily skin and somewhat large pores, I use Maybelline fit me daily and although it does reduces pore appearance it isn’t really matte, by 3 hours i’m starting to get oily and it sometimes cling to dry patches. It does gives you a natural appearance though which is why i would still buy this again.

on 5/9/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A reliably easy-to-use matte foundation that blends beautifully and gives a smooth satin-like finish. I would consider this the drugstore dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Did not highlight my dry patches like other cheap drugstore brand foundations and my shade was easy to find due to the extensive shade range. Wore through the day without oxidising or turning into an oil slick. It wasn't a super long wearing one but it was decent for what it is. I appreciate how much I can still rely on this foundation for days even when my skin feels bad, dry or acne-prone. I only wish it came in a pump.

I really wanted to like this foundation as I heard so many great reviews of it, but unfortunately I was really disappointed. It just doesn't last it all, the coverage is terrible and it wears off within an hour or so. Awful.

on 3/2/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had gotten this on a sale for just $10, where it normally retails to around $20 in my country. For the price, it was astoundingly good, but for marketing it's name as fit me, one would assume it's for everyone, but the range of shades is really just light medium to medium dark. The shade 128 is slightly darker and yellower compared to the kvd liquid foundation in neutral 45 ( the closest mainstream brand that i could find closest to my skin at the moment), but well, fits me well enough for everyday.

Pros:
Cheap
Medium-full buildable coverage
Doesn't need powder to set
Matte
Not drying
Lightweight
Little product needed for full face

Cons:
No pump, can't control the flow of product,might have little accidents
Needs to be worked on quickly or it'll dry in an awkward gloop.
Would settle into fine lines and make pores more obvious if too much is used
Not cruelty free

I'd repurchase if I haven't found something better that works for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute garbage. Coverage is terrible. Waste of time; literally tossed in the trash.