Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

It's not natural but it seems to work ok for me with some adjustments. It clings to dry spots, (I think some others mentioned this as well) which is weird because its supposed to give you a dewy look so the drying is strange to me, but anyways it covers nicely. Now, onto my "secret" ingredient, I use M&C Naturals Soothing Salve underneath it. (I'll review some of their products later) but I scoop a very small amount (size of a Q tip) in the palm of my hand and add the foundation and mix together.

The only other thing that bugs me about this foundation is that it didn't doesn't have a decent pour spout. It's just a wide open mouth bottle that the foundation just runs out and all down the side of the bottle. You seem to waste a lot of it, so thankfully, its not expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is about the best you're gonna get with drugstore foundation. I gotta say, I was surprised at the quality.

Pros:
- Huge shade range (I found my exact match, Porcelain, and I have very pale skin)
- It really is matte and blurs pores
- It stays on for 9+ hours
- It gets a thumbs up from sensitive skin!
- Cheap
- Medium coverage
Cons:
- Packaging is really annoying. It would have been so much better in a plastic container with a pump/a squeeze bottle
- It does cling to dry patches. I have on on my forehead and it was really noticeable after I put this on

In conclusion, I would recommend buying this if you are looking for a matte foundation that is cheap. I would not buy this if you have any dry patches!

EDIT: Went down to 2 lippies after I found out it oxidizes really bad. The palest shade turns ORANGE! Unwearable. Would be a great Foundation if this didn't happen. Pale girls, beware!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Terrible. Smells weird. Feels terrible and wet like on my face. I was practically dripping in oil by the next hour I had it on my face. It showed all my acne blemishes and was difficult to remove later on.

on 3/3/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently went back to liquid foundation after quite a few years of exclusive use of Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as foundation. I have also learned alot more about makeup and it's application over the years through Youtube. That said, I tried this foundation as the recommendation of someone on Youtube and have not been disappointed. My wants and needs include a matte finish that keeps the shine down through the day (T-zone) and doesn't break down, and without needing much powder.. This meets my wants and needs just fine and I will continue to use this. I would prefer the packaging being in a tube as the bottle is heavy to carry around and would be more germ free that way.. I do recommend this foundation for anyone with the same wants and needs as myself.

on 2/22/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It stays on well but gets patchy throughout the day. It is really good for a full coverage look.

on 1/12/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is definitely great for someone with oily skin. I have combination skin with a few dark spots that were left behind after my pregnancy so this was recommended to me by both my sisters (one has dry skin, the other oily) and I must say I'm glad I tried it. A little goes a long way so if you're heavy handed with this you will look cakey and as the day goes by it will definitely flake on you. With that being said I used a good brush took my time and applied it to my face and it covered so well leaving my face with an even skin tone and a nice matte finish. The only down fall is the fact that it's not a pump but the amount and finish you get makes it worth buying. It lasts all day, 9 to 5, but if you're heading out after work and expecting to look the same as you did at 9am you'll be very disappointed

on 1/10/2017 2:37:00 AM

I will preface this review by stating that I was unaware this foundation is meant for oily-skinned persons...which I am not.

I bought this foundation after testing it quickly at the chemist and deciding that is would be a suitable colour on me. Once home I decided I would actually apply it to my face to test it out properly. This is THE DRIEST dame foundation I have EVER used...applying it to my whole face made it feel as though all the moisture had been sucked out of my face while also making me look incredibly pink. It made it incredibly hard to apply as it was SO dry that it would simply sit in one place and would not blend in. I have tried it SEVERAL times, directly after moisturising, with different brushes, with a damp sponge and nothing really helped it to work...

The only reason that this isn't getting a lesser score is because I managed to mix it with another foundation I have (which is too yellow for me) and apply it comfortably. It still makes my skin feel quite dry, but mixing it in with something else has at least left it usable to me, and not something that I'll simply have to throw out.

Easy to apply, natural looking and flawless matte finish. Starts to wear off near the end of the day

on 11/12/2016 2:10:00 PM

I bought this in the lightest shade Target offers, which I believe is porcelain. It's my favorite drugstore foundation and I wear it daily. The finish is only semi-matte, but for $5 I'm okay with that. It doesn't make my skin look unnatural or cakey, and my friends compliment me on how nice my skin looks when I'm wearing it! If you're looking for a drugstore foundation that won't make you look oily or like it's caked on, look no further.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been wearing this for a week and I'm impressed. This reminds me of long gone favorites like Lancome's Maquicomplete and Mary Kay's Day Wear foundation from my early twenties and thirties.

It's matte but not flat and does de-emphasize my pores. I bought it in 120 and it is perfect for my NC 20 face which may have a little more color right now because of summer even though I wear sunscreen daily.

It may not last 8 hours but I get a solid 6 from this on my n/d skin so maybe this is not the best on super oily skin.

It has not caused my rosacea to flare or caused breakouts. I cannot believe how great this looks on my skin: natural matte, very skin-like, light to medium coverage, light feeling, wears well, color is true. All for about $6.

The open bottletop does kind of blow but I transferred it to an airless pump from Amazon.