Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

Easy to apply! I apply it with my fingers and it goes on smoothly over primer. It lasts all day. I have 2 shades - 110 (the standard pale shade that's neutral/slightly) and 102 (a pale shade that's neutral/sligtly cool). I plan on repurchasing these because they wear so well throughout the day. They came out with some lighter shades, and I love how many shades they offer.

It’s pretty good for hiding dark circles and small pimples and I don’t usually wear makeup even close to everyday so I don’t recommend for full coverage just for small touch ups

on 5/9/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A reliably easy-to-use matte foundation that blends beautifully and gives a smooth satin-like finish. I would consider this the drugstore dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Did not highlight my dry patches like other cheap drugstore brand foundations and my shade was easy to find due to the extensive shade range. Wore through the day without oxidising or turning into an oil slick. It wasn't a super long wearing one but it was decent for what it is. I appreciate how much I can still rely on this foundation for days even when my skin feels bad, dry or acne-prone. I only wish it came in a pump.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is what I call a classic backup foundation. A foundation that will do the job when you misplace and/or left your regular foundation at home when traveling. Almost every drugstore has this and the shade range must be commended in a world of too many light and medium shades. It does mattify but I find it has a tendency to melt in more humid conditions. A good old B minus.

on 10/23/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. This was one of the last drugstore foundations for me to try with my super shiny/oily skin. I have melasma/discoloration mostly that needs evening out.

After buying 2 wrong shades (classic ivory - warm nude) that both oxidized too dark on me (I was able to test at home - middle of the day with natural daylight using a mirror by the window on my neck) - I had to go back and return those and buy 110 - Porcelain. Holy crap, I had no idea that I'd been buying too dark foundation! My face is naturally darker than my neck and with my melasma, using a matching foundation ended up making my face look much darker than my neck. I'd never, ever in my life think that a shade like Porcelain would work, but it did. It was a little light, but was the best match for my neck.

This didn't work for me. I tried applying with a damp sponge - nope. The foundation wouldn't even blend or budge. I went back to my ELF brush and it was fine. I found the foundation just sorta "sat" on top of my skin - to the point where if I took a baby wipe and wiped a mark off my face, it was like wiping powder off my face. Very odd. YET - after 3 hours - I was a GREASY MESS. Enough so that, when I blotted, I had to use TWO blotting sheets. For a foundation to only last 3 hours? No thank you. Matte and Poreless, not on my skin.

UGH.

It's not natural but it seems to work ok for me with some adjustments. It clings to dry spots, (I think some others mentioned this as well) which is weird because its supposed to give you a dewy look so the drying is strange to me, but anyways it covers nicely. Now, onto my "secret" ingredient, I use M&C Naturals Soothing Salve underneath it. (I'll review some of their products later) but I scoop a very small amount (size of a Q tip) in the palm of my hand and add the foundation and mix together.

The only other thing that bugs me about this foundation is that it didn't doesn't have a decent pour spout. It's just a wide open mouth bottle that the foundation just runs out and all down the side of the bottle. You seem to waste a lot of it, so thankfully, its not expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is about the best you're gonna get with drugstore foundation. I gotta say, I was surprised at the quality.

Pros:
- Huge shade range (I found my exact match, Porcelain, and I have very pale skin)
- It really is matte and blurs pores
- It stays on for 9+ hours
- It gets a thumbs up from sensitive skin!
- Cheap
- Medium coverage
Cons:
- Packaging is really annoying. It would have been so much better in a plastic container with a pump/a squeeze bottle
- It does cling to dry patches. I have on on my forehead and it was really noticeable after I put this on

In conclusion, I would recommend buying this if you are looking for a matte foundation that is cheap. I would not buy this if you have any dry patches!

EDIT: Went down to 2 lippies after I found out it oxidizes really bad. The palest shade turns ORANGE! Unwearable. Would be a great Foundation if this didn't happen. Pale girls, beware!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Terrible. Smells weird. Feels terrible and wet like on my face. I was practically dripping in oil by the next hour I had it on my face. It showed all my acne blemishes and was difficult to remove later on.

on 3/3/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently went back to liquid foundation after quite a few years of exclusive use of Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as foundation. I have also learned alot more about makeup and it's application over the years through Youtube. That said, I tried this foundation as the recommendation of someone on Youtube and have not been disappointed. My wants and needs include a matte finish that keeps the shine down through the day (T-zone) and doesn't break down, and without needing much powder.. This meets my wants and needs just fine and I will continue to use this. I would prefer the packaging being in a tube as the bottle is heavy to carry around and would be more germ free that way.. I do recommend this foundation for anyone with the same wants and needs as myself.