Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 5/12/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very oily skin and somewhat large pores, I use Maybelline fit me daily and although it does reduces pore appearance it isn’t really matte, by 3 hours i’m starting to get oily and it sometimes cling to dry patches. It does gives you a natural appearance though which is why i would still buy this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing matte or poreless about this if you actually have larger pores and are genuinely oily. Truly did not work for me and I am both of those things. It applied very sheer but felt heavy on my face. The price point can be rather high for something that works so badly and the packaging is not user friendly. It needs a pump desperately. Trying to use this is like using Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle.. frustrating and you don’t get the result you want.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It did not do what it promised, I was already an oily mess after an hour or too and it looked cakey. Not great coverage either.

on 11/19/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this product does not come in my shade. I’m from Southeast Asia with light yellow undertone skin and I’ve tried about 5 different shades. The closest shade I found was classic ivory, but it was still too cool for my skin color. This was very disappointing because the product itself wasn’t that bad. It blends well, but it does get oily after a while. I tried this product out because of all the hype and it was pretty decent. However, I’m not a huge fan of the bottle because when I threw it out I felt there were still some product left inside. I would definitely buy this product again if it came in my shade!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Last night, I bought this in shade 370 which matched my skin perfectly and went on beautifully. I was like WOW! All this time I could've been saving money by using Maybelline instead of high-end brands. So I go on about my morning. Finish getting dressed. Put my shoes on etc etc. I go to look in the mirror to take the bobby pins out my hair, and my face is that horrid gray/greenish color. This happened with 15 minutes of application. I had to tweak it with some other brand of foundationto feel comfortable leaving the house. I will try it one more time but if the same happens, I'm done with it. Also, I did not put any powder on top that could've affected the foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good
Affordable sleek looking packaging, I found at Target for around $5.99.
There are a lot of shades to choose from. A little disappointed because I thought when the Fit Me line came out they were labeled warm, cool, neutral but maybe that was just L'oreal.
It was not heavy and or uncomfortable on the skin. It was buildable without looking cakey.
The bad
Nice bottle but no pump.
It was a little hard to find the best shade for me especially since there were no testers.
For my skin tone, I tried the shade Sun Beige.
The color blended so nicely when swatched on my chest, neck, and face but when I applied it all over it looked a bit off. My daughter thought it was just the slightest bit too light, my sons said it was perfect, and to me, it looked a little too yellow or maybe even a little olive.
I felt my chest and arms looked a lot pinker/red-toned compared to my face.(weird because so many beauty reps tell me I am warm or olive). It might match better in the fall and winter.
I can see where the "fit me" part comes in because I could technically make this shade work I just rather not.
The worst part is that it did not work for my oily skin.
After only an hour or two, my face was pretty shiny and it was not long before it turned into a complete greasy mess. I could blot or powder and that would refresh the makeup without looking cakey which was really nice but I would need to touch up nearly every hour after that.
Personally, I do not think this is a great foundation for someone with very oily skin or who is on the go and needs a formula that will last a good while before needing to touch up. Paired with the matching powder was a complete fail so I did not use them together but I did find a way to make it work, and that was using my Coty airspun powder and I would have to bake with it under the eyes and anywhere I tend to get really shiny. This really helped to control the shine longer. Even though this did prolong the wear for me, I rather just find a foundation that performs well from the beginning with my oily skin I will have to touch up once or twice already with a good foundation and I rather not touch up more than that.
I think it would work better for combination skin or normal skin who prefers a more matte satin type finish.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The hype is REAL with this one. I hadn't bought it since I was afraid it was kind of overhyped, and had resorted to L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation and found this one to be so close in quality! The only thing that keeps this foundation in second place for me is its packaging... Having to decanter the product out is a recipe for disaster, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. Nevertheless, it has really good medium-to-full coverage and lasts a whole work day. I live in the tropics so finding a foundation that won't be reduced to a bunch of pigmented patches on the face is KEY. I was really happy I hopped on the hype train for this one. I have very oily skin and don't even have to set it with powder. TL/DR; Meh packaging, FANTASTIC product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I've been using this foundation for years now. I have yet to find a color that matches my skin perfectly. I love the formula and it works so well with my extremely oily skin but the color is always off. I experimented with 4 different shades over the years and the best result is from just blending them together to get it the closest to my skin tone. The bottle top could be better as well it gets really messy at the top. I just use it because it is really hard to find something that works this well with my skin as well as this one has. I also don't break out with it and it doesn't contribute to any skin congestion.

on 8/12/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. but i mostly hate it.
I use this product mainly because it doesn't make me break out and i have acne-prone & sensitive skin. It separates and cakes up around my nose, chin, and under my eyes after about 8 hours. The coverage is light to medium, you can still see my acne and freckles when i have it on. It doesn't completely mattify, you do need a powder. It also oxidizes. I have super pale skin so this is an issue. I have very oily skin too, and it doesn't stay matte. I will have to powder my nose a couple hours after applying. This foundation just sucks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just a small question, when a product says "matte and poreless", that is to assume that this effect is achieved by the product alone, and not due to any primers or anything, right? Because to be frank, while it did control my oil (im very, very, oily) a few hours (4-6h, don't expect more), it did absolutely nothing for my pores. If anything, they became gigantic-looking craters on my face. (W/o primer use, because that's what the foundation says it does anyways)
As for coverage, it does say lightweight, and that it is. But I find as an acne-prone skin with already existing acne scars, this foundation did nothing to hide them, even when i build it up.
To sum up, i wouldnt use this foundation for girls with acne, scars, pores, etc..because it neither hid not covered anything.
I recommend it to people with healthy, normal to combo skin, who want a light coverage foundation for daily use. It's perfect for that purpose I have to agree.