Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good
Affordable sleek looking packaging, I found at Target for around $5.99.
There are a lot of shades to choose from. A little disappointed because I thought when the Fit Me line came out they were labeled warm, cool, neutral but maybe that was just L'oreal.
It was not heavy and or uncomfortable on the skin. It was buildable without looking cakey.
The bad
Nice bottle but no pump.
It was a little hard to find the best shade for me especially since there were no testers.
For my skin tone, I tried the shade Sun Beige.
The color blended so nicely when swatched on my chest, neck, and face but when I applied it all over it looked a bit off. My daughter thought it was just the slightest bit too light, my sons said it was perfect, and to me, it looked a little too yellow or maybe even a little olive.
I felt my chest and arms looked a lot pinker/red-toned compared to my face.(weird because so many beauty reps tell me I am warm or olive). It might match better in the fall and winter.
I can see where the "fit me" part comes in because I could technically make this shade work I just rather not.
The worst part is that it did not work for my oily skin.
After only an hour or two, my face was pretty shiny and it was not long before it turned into a complete greasy mess. I could blot or powder and that would refresh the makeup without looking cakey which was really nice but I would need to touch up nearly every hour after that.
Personally, I do not think this is a great foundation for someone with very oily skin or who is on the go and needs a formula that will last a good while before needing to touch up. Paired with the matching powder was a complete fail so I did not use them together but I did find a way to make it work, and that was using my Coty airspun powder and I would have to bake with it under the eyes and anywhere I tend to get really shiny. This really helped to control the shine longer. Even though this did prolong the wear for me, I rather just find a foundation that performs well from the beginning with my oily skin I will have to touch up once or twice already with a good foundation and I rather not touch up more than that.
I think it would work better for combination skin or normal skin who prefers a more matte satin type finish.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The hype is REAL with this one. I hadn't bought it since I was afraid it was kind of overhyped, and had resorted to L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation and found this one to be so close in quality! The only thing that keeps this foundation in second place for me is its packaging... Having to decanter the product out is a recipe for disaster, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. Nevertheless, it has really good medium-to-full coverage and lasts a whole work day. I live in the tropics so finding a foundation that won't be reduced to a bunch of pigmented patches on the face is KEY. I was really happy I hopped on the hype train for this one. I have very oily skin and don't even have to set it with powder. TL/DR; Meh packaging, FANTASTIC product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I've been using this foundation for years now. I have yet to find a color that matches my skin perfectly. I love the formula and it works so well with my extremely oily skin but the color is always off. I experimented with 4 different shades over the years and the best result is from just blending them together to get it the closest to my skin tone. The bottle top could be better as well it gets really messy at the top. I just use it because it is really hard to find something that works this well with my skin as well as this one has. I also don't break out with it and it doesn't contribute to any skin congestion.

on 8/12/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. but i mostly hate it.
I use this product mainly because it doesn't make me break out and i have acne-prone & sensitive skin. It separates and cakes up around my nose, chin, and under my eyes after about 8 hours. The coverage is light to medium, you can still see my acne and freckles when i have it on. It doesn't completely mattify, you do need a powder. It also oxidizes. I have super pale skin so this is an issue. I have very oily skin too, and it doesn't stay matte. I will have to powder my nose a couple hours after applying. This foundation just sucks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just a small question, when a product says "matte and poreless", that is to assume that this effect is achieved by the product alone, and not due to any primers or anything, right? Because to be frank, while it did control my oil (im very, very, oily) a few hours (4-6h, don't expect more), it did absolutely nothing for my pores. If anything, they became gigantic-looking craters on my face. (W/o primer use, because that's what the foundation says it does anyways)
As for coverage, it does say lightweight, and that it is. But I find as an acne-prone skin with already existing acne scars, this foundation did nothing to hide them, even when i build it up.
To sum up, i wouldnt use this foundation for girls with acne, scars, pores, etc..because it neither hid not covered anything.
I recommend it to people with healthy, normal to combo skin, who want a light coverage foundation for daily use. It's perfect for that purpose I have to agree.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was amazed by how good my skin looks every time I wear this foundation. It definitely doesn't make me look poreless as it claims and neither does my skin stay as matte in this Texas heat as it does with my revlon colorstay but a pretty decent product and it matched me perfectly so I'm happy about that. Kind of wish it came with a pump but I don't see a problem poring some on the back of my hand either. I'd recommend it if you're on a lookout for a pretty decent but inexpensive foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This foundation works very well with my skin type. My Maybelline shade is Sun Beige and I'm NC40 in MAC. I do like this foundation for a few reasons. The first being that this is pretty full coverage in my opinion. I like the finish with a beauty blender over a brush. I would say this is a true matte foundation. I'm someone with very oily skin and I can get away with using this foundation without a primer. I'm not really a flat matte finish foundation person so I always top this foundation off with a luminous type setting powder. Another great feature with this foundation is that it doesn't cause clogged pores or break me out! This foundation also doesn't transfer or collect in fine lines so it's great for people with mature skin (fine lines around the mouth and eyes) but still oily as well. I'm happy and will repurchase this one!

on 5/25/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Nice medium coverage. Truly matte I stay matte all day. I hate that it does not have a pump I ready do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is very mediocre. It looks great for about the first 3 hours on my oily skin, but then once the oils break through it's a mess. It's the kind of foundation that will both cake up and slide all over your face once your oils are through, and the kind of foundation where you can *feel* it sitting on your face after a few hours.

It's ok. Like i said it looks great for a little while, but no amount of powder or setting spray would make it last more than about 3 hours. If your skin is only slightly oily, I think this would be fantastic for you. I think my oils were just too much for this little guy.

The one thing I really and truly hate about this foundation: THE LACK OF A PUMP. C'mon, Maybelline. If you looked at a makeup forum for 5 seconds you would know that is the number one complaint about any foundation. We want pumps.Or at least squeezy tubes. When I travel with this, opening it up is hell. The foundation gets all over the lid, and when you pour it out to put it on it is impossible to pour out a moderate amount. It drives me insane thinking about all of the germs that surely creep in as you pour back into this stupid bottle. Get it together, guys.

Overall though this gets a resounding "meh" from me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation does not work for my skin at all. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and this foundation did nothing but amplify my shine. It looked flaky and chalky and was uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time.