Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

on 12/12/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This looks like straight up paint on my face and emphasizes fine lines and wrinkles that I didn’t even know I had. I’m 24 and this foundation makes me look ten years older. However they have an awesome shade range and it is affordable. If you have super soft baby skin and no problem with dryness or pores this might work for you.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Negatives:
I do not recommend this product if you have oily skin. It made my face very shiny, didn't dry matte nor hide my pores (hence the name of this product) and also caked up around my nose, chin and forehead. I also wish that there was a pump on the bottle as trying to get some out was messy.
Positives:
I am a fan of the lightweight and medium coverage which looks nice for everyday wear. I'm pretty pale and so far this is the only drugstore foundation where the lightest shade doesn't look too dark and orange for my skin tone. My skin is also fairly acne-prone and this foundation didn't break me out.

on 11/19/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation a couple years ago and my skin did not react well to it. My hormones were going crazy then so I decided to retry it this summer and it works great! It looks beautiful on my oily skin for most of the day and I can extend the wear by blotting and retouching where needed (nose, chin, forehead). I do not have a lot to cover so it's medium finish works great for me. It looks like my skin, but better.

on 11/9/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Emphasize pores and lines. Didn't keep my oily skin matte and separated almost immediately.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great when it's fresh. However, if you have oily skin, you will get oily again in a few hours. Does not keep you matte.

on 10/18/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really lovely foundation.
I was hesitant to try at first as i had never had luck with Maybelline foundations.
This however has really nice coverage (I use a damp beauty blender) that wears evenly and well through the day (survived a busy 35 degree celsius work day today). I pair it with the NYX Shine Killer primer.
It offers medium coverage and is buildable if you need to.
The only flaw is there’s no pump (at least in Australia anyway) but for how cheap this foundation is I can get past that.
I didn’t find that it clung to any dry patches and isn’t broken down easily by facial oils (a quick blot will leave it looking as good as new!)

on 10/11/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and I receive a lot of compliments when I wear it. It reminds me of Chanel's Velvet Lumiere. It wears better on my skin than Chanel's Velvet and doesn't have the strong fragrance of Chanel. It doesn't feel like foundation and has a light to medium-ish finish. I have an extremely oily Tzone and this still looks good at the end of the day. For the price point, it can't be beat. The color I use is 128. For reference, I am NC25 Mac Pro longwear... B20 Chanel Velvet Lumiere.

on 10/5/2017 6:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The good:
- 110 is a perfect match for my pale, yellow-ish skin - most of the drugstore foundations I've tried are way too pink for me
- blends easily with a beautyblender
- does not break me out
- manages to hide the redness around my nose and cheeks
- it's really affordable
The bad:
- it looks perfect at the beginning but 2-3 hours later my skin starts to produce extra oil because this thing is just too drying even for my oily skin
- after said 2-3 hours somehow I look like I have caked a ton of product on my skin (I only put one layer) and it's painfully obvious I have something on my face, which I hate.
I was going to give it 2 stars but I added one since, for this price, I guess it's not fair to expect much more than what you get.

on 9/8/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using this foundation for about a year until I discovered the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte, and I have to say, L'Oreal is much better.

I'm typically very oily with most foundations; nothing lasts more than 4-6 hours before I need to blot my face with at least 2 blotting sheets. This foundation was a good color match for me, but it didn't keep me "matte and poreless" all day.

It did give a nice finish at the beginning, but by the end of the day, I looked like a greasy mess. I tried setting sprays and different primers, but I just couldn't get this foundation to work for me. I also didn't like how it doesn't have a pump.

I would only repurchase this if I had nothing else to use and if I was only going out for a few hours. I do appreciate the shade range and it photographs well, but I wish it controlled my oil better. My perfect shade would be a mix between 120 and 127. Overall, this is an okay drugstore foundation, but I wouldn't reach for it if I had to be out all day or night.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought 362 truffle and 368 and they BOTH had a grey undertone. I am so disappointed in this foundation because I heard so much about it. Check out my full review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)