Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

on 7/9/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mine in the shade 228 soft tan. I have neutral undertone, olive skin. Altho 228 appear too yellow on me at first, after it oxidized, it matches me just fine. I was super happy to purchase just the right shade for me.

I really2 like this foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I have to say, altho it dries down matte, it's actually a semi-matte finish. It doesn't control oil as much as many thought it would be.

Tho, this really is a great foundation for oily skin.
I would usually apply rimmel stay matte primer beforehand and set it with rimmel stay matte powder/maybelline fit me pressed powder/coty airspun loose powder. And it stayed all day long.

This foundation is super easy to blend, gives your skin looking natural, medium coverage and not cakey whatsoever. It covers all the redness and evens out the skin tone.

You gotta try this with its fit me pressed powder. It goes really well together. The combo helps in reducing the visible of pores and keeps oil at bay much longer.
It dries matte fast but not immediately. So make sure you blend it all right after you apply to the face.

I can understand all the bad reviews this foundation is getting. Tho, it's not really this foundation's fault.

Here are few tips for you to overcome this foundation's cons:

- oxidize: choose 1-2 shades lighter. Swatch/test the foundation till it oxidized before you purchase.

- doesn't control oil: each and every foundation needed to be set with a good, mattifying powder. It doesn't matter if the foundation claims to be a matte finish. It still needed to be set with powder for it to stay all day long. Besides that, wear a good mattifying primer underneath the foundation.

- doesn't come with a pump: yeah, it is truly unfortunate. Tho if this bothers you so much, mac sells foundation pumps. I believe it will fit this foundation just fine.

on 7/1/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best drugstore foundation ever. It beats my L'oreal Infallible pro-matte and also my Bodyshop Fresh Nude. Meanwhile, if I nab it on sale, it ends up costing me roughly 6$ CAD! I wear it in Sun Beige and it matches me perfectly; it blends great with my Tarte foundation brush but I think I prefer my beauty blender for giving me a flawless, even complexion. If I use my beauty blender, I can even skip out on a primer. My only complaint: I wish it came in a pump so it wouldn't be so darn messy. UPDATE: I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. For the dirt-cheap price, it's excellent makeup and its efficiency surpasses that of much more expensive products. However it's not without flaws and I'll break it down with pros and cons to better explain my thoughts. PROS: Matte medium coverage, blends particularly well with a beauty blender for a natural look or a brush for more coverage (it does an amazing job at covering some of my undereye circles and I have worn this without concealer), inexpensive, great shade range (Sun Beige is my go-to), not overly scented  CONS: After 4-5 hours, this completely breaks apart on my T-Zone which is quite oily, so much so that you'd think I didn't even apply any makeup at all. It also fades a bit from my undereyes but not as much since the skin in that area is normal. This happens regardless of whether I set or even bake. The other con is the bottle. The no-pump situation makes for pouring out too much product which leads to messes on my vanity. Conclusion: Great foundation for the price but may be better-suited towards normal to drier skin. Someone with very dry skin could easily add a drop of oil to the mix and achieve a great look. I know Matte + Poreless is geared towards Normal to Oily but my treacherous t-zone is just too strong for it!

on 6/6/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looooooooooove this foundation, since a reside in a super hot climate and have combination skin that turns oily in the summer I can only use this foundation during spring, fall and winter. I am 355 coconut in spring. Cappuccino in fall and winter I use 355 powder underneath both foundations. A great friend had recommended this to me

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the packaging. The colour range is fine for me as a mid-range white woman. I want to love this. I really do. It goes on so nicely, the colour I’ve got is the perfect match. But the staying power is terrible on me. By lunchtime my makeup has settled into my pores or separated, and any dry patches are accentuated. After a full day - in an air conditioned office, not doing anything strenuous - I look like I’ve been out all night. Shame because the price is excellent and when freshly applied it looks lovely and covers my redness well. But I won’t buy again because I need the staying power!

I really wanted to like this foundation as I heard so many great reviews of it, but unfortunately I was really disappointed. It just doesn't last it all, the coverage is terrible and it wears off within an hour or so. Awful.

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.

on 4/18/2018 1:16:00 PM

Saw some good reviews and the price was right so thought I'd check it out. Tended to oxidize, slight orange tinge. Not particularly poreless and I was oily by noon. Will stick with my Revlon Colorstay.

So for reference, I have acne prone skin, I am pale and I have combination skin.
I only recently began using this foundation, in the shade 110 Porcelain. I was using the dewy and smooth version but in the shade ivory I think, and the undertone was just far too pink. This matte and poreless one has a yellow undertone which is great. I do think it can be drying, so I always prep my skin well with moisturizer and serum and a good primer. It wears nicely and doesn't get anywhere CLOSE to as oily as the dewy and smooth one. I'm wearing the matte and poreless one on my face right this second and have been for 8 hours and it looks pretty darn good. Definitely give this foundation a try!

Stay away from this foundation if you have breakout prone skin. I should have read the ingredients list before purchasing, but I was too excited to see that shade 110 might be a potential “dupe” for Nars SG Siberia (which also breaks me out, sigh).
This foundation indeed creates silky smooth canvas and shade range is impressive (for a drugstore brand), also pretty long wearing on my normal/combo skin.
But it “sits” on my skin in an uncomfortable way- feels almost like I just put on face mask. I prefer something more breathable. It makes a good “special occasion” foundation for events and such but I wouldn’t wear it every day. The finish is similar to Catrice’s HD foundation (which breaks me out like nothing else). Very flawless but heavy, even though I applied it with sponge. Coverage: medium to full.

Just as I mentioned, after few uses, it caused a major breakout (painful “cystic” pimples and closed comedones all over my face). So I’ve read the ingredients list and instantly knew why: it contains denaturated alcohol, very high on the list. My skin hates it- I know that now.