Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

on 10/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first foundation. I have high hopes for this it as most people gave quite good reviews on it. But all it does is enhance my pore and looks cakey on my combination skin (I have already moisturised and prime my skin). I really hope I will like this product because now i will avoid buying drug store foundation because I'm scarred this will happen again :(

on 10/11/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and I receive a lot of compliments when I wear it. It reminds me of Chanel's Velvet Lumiere. It wears better on my skin than Chanel's Velvet and doesn't have the strong fragrance of Chanel. It doesn't feel like foundation and has a light to medium-ish finish. I have an extremely oily Tzone and this still looks good at the end of the day. For the price point, it can't be beat. The color I use is 128. For reference, I am NC25 Mac Pro longwear... B20 Chanel Velvet Lumiere.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a let down,it is so cheap and has good coverage but it oxidizes way too quickly.Plus i had tiny bumps all over my cheek area after using this foundation.

on 9/17/2017 1:16:00 PM

This is a great bargain buy. I started using this when I was in between jobs and couldn't afford expensive make up at the time. With a good moisturizer/primer, this does give you great buildable coverage. I did feel like the wear wasn't as long as I would've liked it to be, I felt after about 4 hours it would start to move around on my face and crease pretty badly under my eyes and my dimples. I did like that I could easily mix this with another foundation if my skin happened to be more or less tan that week. Overall a good bargain and pretty versatile, but not something I'd go out of my way to purchase again.

on 8/27/2017 4:14:00 PM

After reading rave reviews I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy this foundation, we don't get the fancy bottle in the U.K we get the cheap tube instead.
It's a very runny foundation and my shade is natural tan which I thought would be a good match, it pulls very orange on me and doesn't have any coverage, my dark circles and redness were stil peaking through after one layer, I did try and build this up age got a medium coverage but because it pulls orange I run the risk of looking like a tangerine.
It's a average foundation nothing to scream about, the finish is a natural i wouldn't describe it as matte more of a satin matte very skin like.

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

on 8/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's talked about quite a lot on YouTube and it's so cheap. But alas even though it says it was meant for oilier skin types, I did not find this to suit my combo-oily skin.

It looks really nice when initially applied - it's a light-medium coverage and I wouldn't say it's super matte, it's more of a semi-matte finish as you can still see some shine on the foundation even after it has dried. However, the thing I dislike the most is that it emphasises EVERY bit of texture on my face, even with a primer underneath. I don't have super textured skin but this just sinks into my pores, clings to the dry patches on my nose, cakes up around my nose and makes the laugh lines around my mouth look really obvious (and given that I'm only 23 that's saying something). The lasting power is really disappointing as I find that this just melts off my face after around 3 hours even with a primer and setting spray.

If you're very oily-skinned and looking for something longwearing, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to mix this with some hyaluronic acid so that it doesn't look so weird on my skin and lasts longer (don't ask me why this works, it just does!). As a standalone product however, I don't think it does what it claims to do other than have an excellent shade range. This might work for you if you have normal skin or are only SLIGHTLY oily, and want an everyday matte foundation from the drugstore - otherwise I think there are a lot of better options out there, even if you have to pay a little more for it.

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My skin is very fair but has pink undertones, so I often find it difficult to find foundation that's not too yellow. This brand is really good for people with pinker skin tones because there's a good range of options in addition to the usual yellow ones. Coverage wise it's not bad. Even a thin layer smooths out your skin tone.

The only thing I have found as I get older is that it doesn't stay on my skin. It separates in the areas of my face that are most oily (t-zone and chin) and the creases. It doesn't matter if I use the branded primer, setting spray, bake, whatever. Same result.

If you are younger and don't have oily skin, this might be a great choice for you. However if your skin is oily or - as much as it pains me to utter these words - more mature then this is probably not your best option.

on 7/23/2017 1:14:00 AM

I love this foundation. I have very pale skin and their lightest color matches me well. This foundation covers discoloration very well, looks natural when applied with a damp sponge, doesn't oxidize, and lasts all day. My combo skin works so well with this. It doesn't grab to my dry patches and it blends super well with my concealer (tarte shape tape). By the end of the day I wouldn't say it's very matte for me, but it looks very natural and kind of luminous while still covering discoloration, which I really love. I'm not saying it's for sure the BEST drugstore foundation because I haven't tried too many, but I do really like it.
I'll note that I really don't enjoy the packaging. I like pumps on foundation more. But for the price and the performance, I'll keep buying it anyway.