Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 12/10/2017 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is not pore-less whatsoever, in fact it exaggerates my pores. It looks dry and doesn't keep back the oils on my skin, it was also rather difficult to blend for some reason, even though it is quite runny, it seemed to grab and collect in places especially on my lower cheeks. I find that the lightest shade (the one I use) oxidises into an almost orangey-pinky tone. Overall I would not personally recommend this.

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.

on 11/22/2017 11:28:00 PM

I love it how it makes my face so flawless and poreless. Really loved it at first! But after wipe off the foundation on my face, I realize my forehead had few bumps popping out. At first, I thought it was probably my diet so I don't suspect it was from this foundation. Then I gave a second try of this and few pimples start to pop out around my forehead! I rarely get pimple before but every time when I apply this there's a red bumps or pimples pop out! 😫😫😫 Will never purchase this and I probably will throw it away.

I am a late bloomer when it comes to this foundation. I have purposely ignored it for so long because in a way I am a foundation snob and I have quite a bit in my collection. However, I am impressed with the way this foundation held up on my oily combination skin.

A bit of background, I suffer from old acne scars (pit scars, box scars etch) and I try my best to minimize their appearance by using primers. In this case, I used a combo of Hourglass Mineral Veil and L'Oreal Magic Base (dupe for timeless primer from Tarte) on the center of my face.

Application: The blendability of this foundation is amazing. It blended right away with my beauty sponge.

Shade: I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory. For reference, I am MAC NC 25 (Light Medium with Golden/Olive Undertones).

Coverage: Light to Medium Coverage. If you have any active acne or intense redness on your skin, you will need a concealer.

Longevity: I am using this during the winter time so the weather will help to sustain the longevity of it.

Price: So darn cheap!

Packaging: No pump ugh!

Overall, a decent foundation and could rival my HG Revlon Colorstay. If you are looking for a decent, affordable foundation this is a must try.

I hope this helps!

on 11/12/2017 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this foundation, given that it was reasonably priced (£7) and had a good colour range. I prefer medium to full coverage but this was more light to medium. After three layers applied with a beauty blender (on primed skin) I could still see pores/blemishes/scars. It did feel seamless on my skin, almost like I wasn't wearing anything. I have yellow undertones and a mix of olive and pale skinned thus I really struggled to find a match for my skin. I initially tried 110 & 115 but they were too pale, 120 however was too dark. After about 2 hours of wear, it started looking very patchy and a bit ashy, despite the fact I had set it with powder & spray. By 4 hours my skin looked cakey and started to feel oily. In the UK the packaging is in a plastic tube, it looks cheap and a bottle with a pump would be much better! Overall I was really disappointed in the product and wouldn't buy again!

on 11/11/2017 12:03:00 AM

I think this product is overhyped. The shade I got was a good color match and didn’t oxidize much. The coverage is decent, but it starts fading after a few hours and didn’t keep my skin matte for long, and I became oily. It also broke me out after 2 uses :(

on 11/9/2017 11:17:00 AM

matte finish, emphasizes my scars which makes me want to wash it off right after applying it, broke me out on the same day

on 11/8/2017 12:14:00 PM

Snagged one of these when it went on sale — I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for its price and I will definitely buy this again even if it's not on sale. I never thought my first review would be on a Maybelline product, but the value-for-money in this foundation really blew me away! This may very well be my new favourite drugstore foundation.

Coverage is light to medium only, so don't expect a lot. It feels light even though I put primer underneath it. It did not make me too oily considering that I have combination skin & I'm in a humid, tropical country.

The only complaint I have would be the packaging. I really wish it came with a pump, but it didn't.

Regardless, I would definitely buy this again!

on 11/8/2017 5:07:00 AM

I have mixed-oily skin. It looks great on my skin for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, and then it starts dissapeiring. Oxide on my skin, deffinitly not buying again.

on 11/5/2017 11:06:00 PM

Made my skin absolutely disgusting. I didn’t even notice how mad my pores were until this product emphasized them so much. I have combination skin and sometimes it’s dry sometimes it’s more oily. I threw out the entire bottle cause there was no way I could even make it work