Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

I have pretty dry skin, and I like this product a lot. The only problem I have with it is, throughout the day I start to see dry patches. I don't really feel like this is the foundation's fault though, I feel like it is more my fault for buying something that is supposed to be matte and for oily skin, while I have dry skin, I do like this product though because it gives me decent coverage, blends nicely, it's affordable, and it lasts for a decent amount of time. I would repurchase this, just maybe not in the matte and pore less formula.

on 6/28/2017 4:37:00 PM

This foundation is terrible compared to the other products I use. For me the coverage is very sheer and the finish is awfully dry and powdery. I would not recommend it to ppl with dry-normal skin.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've tried this at least 3 different times in my short life and each time I was heavily disappointed! I have dry-combo skin, but they dont have a shade for me in the Dewy version so I stuck trying this. Skin types of all kinds hoot and holler about it but I just don't get it....even with a hydrating primer and super moisturized skin it felt drying. It was also so patchy that I couldn't cover any of my hyper-pigmentation or even get an even coverage on my less marked areas! It also oxidizes something fierce, I found an ok color match that I can use for reference, but this is a terrible foundation. The only good thing about it is the price, availability, and the addition of darker shades!

on 5/27/2017 7:17:00 PM

Totally in love with this foundation!

PROS:
* Unlike many people, it works on my dry skin (provided I use a good, hydrating primer)
* My perfect colour match. Better than any foundation I've ever tried colour wise.
* Medium coverage, buildable. Can look a little thick if you build it too much.
* Natural, pretty finish.
* Really matte but not painfully so. Covers pores nicely!
* Feels really good. A bit thick going on but it dries thinner almost.
* I don't notice the smell really, or at least it doesn't bother me.
* Really cheap.

CONS:
* I got the lightest shade, which is pretty yellow - if you're pink toned it's not going to match you very well.
* If you have very dry patches/eczema this will really cling to it and it will dry it out a bit more.

It matches my skin tone fairly well, but it clings to all my dry patches in my t-zone. I do love the brand because it's so affordable. I'm going to try to find one better suited for dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite foundation ever! Only problem is the packaging, I wish it had a pump!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Even if you have dry skin like me, you can use this if you moisturize (fyi: I permanently got rid of dry patches by applying cortisone to those spots for a few days).

Overall, this puts high-end foundations to shame when it comes to leaving the skin looking porcelain-smooth and airbrushed. The coverage is great, it's thin enough to be buildable without looking cakey, the finish is natural matte so it's not flat, and it's long-lasting.

I can't ask for more, even from foundations that cost 10x as much. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner.

on 2/13/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got this foundation, because there was a huge rave about it. Overall I think it gives medium/high coverage. I had to do a second layer to build up the coverage. I reckon they're better coverage foundations out there so keep your options open :)

on 1/27/2017 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

For a drug store foundation, this works very well!
It has the finish of a much more expensive product.
There is a large color range. I'm so pale I typically have a hard time finding a foundation that is light enough. It's especially hard to find a light enough foundation in the lower price points.
This,fits the bill though ! I do like how it's buidable. I can controll how much coverage I have with this.

I was looking for a relatively cheap everyday foundation that would stay on my skin for a good few hours and not transfer. For me, Estee Lauder DW is my HG, so I wasn't expecting miracles from any cheaper foundations (I've tried many different ones, and have been disappointed, including Revlon Colorstay, which I found transferred). Anyway, I picked this up on impulse, as it was one I hadn't tried... And boy, was I impressed! I would even go so far as to say it's a good dupe for DW! It feels weightless on the skin, and there's no damp/sticky layer like you get with some foundations - you can touch your skin and it feels like you're not wearing anything at all. In addition to that, it doesn't transfer, and has lasted me a complete work day without rubbing off. I don't even set it with powder, and it still wears really well. It's even a good medium/full coverage! This will be my HG everyday wear foundation from now on.
Tip: apply with a damp beauty blender!

The only thing I can complain about is the lack of shades - I have to mix the 105 and 120 to get a suitable yellow undertoned shade.