Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it. I also decided not to separately buy their dewy version and instead add 1 drop of argan oil when it turns winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wear a drugstore foundation. In all my glorious ghostiness, they’ve all been a bust. But with the enhanced range of the Fit Me M&P line, I found a match in 102. I’m thrilled.
The formula is a bit drying for me, but I’m so happy to have a light foundation to slap on that’s reasonably priced, easy to find, and doesn’t break me out that I’m just doing a happy dance. Whoohoo!
Hooray for Maybelline! I wasn’t a rabid fan in the past, but I am now!

on 4/26/2018 4:17:00 PM

I bought this product looking for a good foundation, I tested the colour in the store and chose the lightest in stock shade at the time which was 105. I went home and it was to dark for me I also didn’t find that it was poreless or anything. I just went on holiday and tanned and it’s a good colour for me but I wouldn’t repurchase

on 4/1/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

7/10.

About:
I'm 24, with normal to dry skin that is not acne prone but I do have large pores. I wear this in the shade 112 Natural Ivory and my MAC shade is NW13. I use a beauty blender knockoff to apply foundation.

This foundation has a runny texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. It does not dry quickly. The finish is a soft matte. I don't find that it does anything good or bad for my pores, I don't think a foundation can really do much for pores. You need a good primer and skincare routine, and a bit of luck.

The shade match is perfect for me, which is my favourite thing about this product. It does have quite high coverage, but doesn't look cakey due to the 'wet' consistency. Maybelline is super easy to find in stores and inexpensive.

There are a couple of things I dislike about this foundation - I really don't like the packaging. A glass bottle with no pump makes no sense. Just add a pump please. This foundation is too runny and messy to be tipping out of the bottle. Another thing I don't love is that this foundation doesn't last all day. I powder my whole face but it still wears off in patches through the day, which is annoying.

I would repurchase this foundation, but I think it works best if you use less product and sacrifice some coverage. I've heard people suggest mixing this with the Dewy and Smooth, but I don't have a shade match in that range.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad this didn't work out for me. The coverage was so nice and the finish was nice though my skin is quite dry since starting retin-a.
But it left me with 3 new breakouts on my forehead and near my mouth where I never get pimples. I hadn't used anything else new so it's definitely this product.
I wouldn't recommend this if you're acne-prone.

I have pretty dry skin, and I like this product a lot. The only problem I have with it is, throughout the day I start to see dry patches. I don't really feel like this is the foundation's fault though, I feel like it is more my fault for buying something that is supposed to be matte and for oily skin, while I have dry skin, I do like this product though because it gives me decent coverage, blends nicely, it's affordable, and it lasts for a decent amount of time. I would repurchase this, just maybe not in the matte and pore less formula.

on 6/28/2017 4:37:00 PM

This foundation is terrible compared to the other products I use. For me the coverage is very sheer and the finish is awfully dry and powdery. I would not recommend it to ppl with dry-normal skin.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've tried this at least 3 different times in my short life and each time I was heavily disappointed! I have dry-combo skin, but they dont have a shade for me in the Dewy version so I stuck trying this. Skin types of all kinds hoot and holler about it but I just don't get it....even with a hydrating primer and super moisturized skin it felt drying. It was also so patchy that I couldn't cover any of my hyper-pigmentation or even get an even coverage on my less marked areas! It also oxidizes something fierce, I found an ok color match that I can use for reference, but this is a terrible foundation. The only good thing about it is the price, availability, and the addition of darker shades!

on 5/27/2017 7:17:00 PM

Totally in love with this foundation!

PROS:
* Unlike many people, it works on my dry skin (provided I use a good, hydrating primer)
* My perfect colour match. Better than any foundation I've ever tried colour wise.
* Medium coverage, buildable. Can look a little thick if you build it too much.
* Natural, pretty finish.
* Really matte but not painfully so. Covers pores nicely!
* Feels really good. A bit thick going on but it dries thinner almost.
* I don't notice the smell really, or at least it doesn't bother me.
* Really cheap.

CONS:
* I got the lightest shade, which is pretty yellow - if you're pink toned it's not going to match you very well.
* If you have very dry patches/eczema this will really cling to it and it will dry it out a bit more.

It matches my skin tone fairly well, but it clings to all my dry patches in my t-zone. I do love the brand because it's so affordable. I'm going to try to find one better suited for dry skin.