Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Other
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

on 9/21/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this daily for 5 months and I must say I like it. it's lightweight, easy to blend, matte with a normal coverage. I live in hot and humid weather so full coverage, heavy duty is not for me. This one covers my imperfections without looking cakey.
It also has a very good shade for me 340 Capuccino. and for the price, I'm more than satisfied.
My complaints: 1. the bottle, Maybelline stop being cheap and get a damn pump. what the heck! 2. the longevity could be better

on 9/1/2017 9:05:00 AM

Love the color. Stays matte. But clings to dry patches like crazyyyy. Makes my skin look super dry because of that :(

on 1/11/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation so much! It's so affordable and leaves a really nice finish; I was initially apprehensive because matte foundations can sometimes cling to my dry patches, but I didn't find this to be the case at all with this product. Definitely one of my all time favs!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I don't understand why every youtube beauty guru and their moms rave about this. This foundation does look nice after you apply it but after 4-5 hours, it starts to seperate and look greasy! I could see someone who has a short school or work day, but other than that this is not a good choice seeing you need to invest in a good primer and setting powder to make it work.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I give this 3 stars overall. I like the texture of its . Unfortunately it does not hold up to 6 hour and the coverage was not enufz for me. I prefer a foundation with full coverage. It claims to be medium-to-full coverage. You can build it up for sure . It's definitely not full coverage when you apply a single layer. Not going to buy it again but it is not a bad products tho.

I like this foundation, it holds up in the spring time, (I know it's summer right now, bc I haven't tried it this season) it slightly accentuates dry patches so I use this where I'm oily and the dewy one where I'm dry. this has an excellent range of shades so you should be able to find one that matches you I wish that there was a pump, bc I feel it's difficult to pour out the right amount.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Boom a cheap foundation that stays on the skin allday even through the sweaty times. I use 220 natural beige it's seamless and has no spf at all which is good for flash photography. It isn't full coverage and is quite light but really works to even out the skin. I wear day and night and I haven't been let down yet. At 5.99 can't complain at all!

I've always considered Maybelline to be right at the center of the drugstore-makeup hierarchy. L'Oreal and Revlon obviously top off everyone (Although maybe Milani is starting to enter this group...?), Maybelline is right in the middle, and then we have Covergirl/Rimmel/Almay. So when Maybelline launched their Fit Me foundation in a new matte formula, oil-skin gals like myself did a little dance to our nearest drugstore (like the end of Footloose..). Unfortunately this $6.99 (CAD) spiralled me into a love-hate relationship. After my last romantic encounter I promised myself that I would never be in another masochistic, love-hate relationship in my life....clearly that was a lie. After celebrating a year with this foundation (some people are cringing..i know) I need to convince myself that this is a horrible foundation....:

****A little bit about me: NC20-25/C3 skintone, VERY yellow, acne-prone, oily with dry patches (i'm a dermatological mess..i know), 23y/o, tested this in -40 celcius weather and +30 (same results).****

Pros:

1- Colour: It Fits Me!! I have this in the colour 220 which is a light to medium foundation with a light yellow undertone. Unfortunately this still wasn't quite yellow enough for me but to be honest I constantly look jaundiced...i look like my liver has failed me at the age of 23.

2- Price: I bought this at SDM for $6.99 CAD which is unheard of. Honestly, with the dollar as low as it is and shopping at SDM (which is a more expensive drugstore in Canada) you would expect this foundation to be $12. Bravo to Maybelline for keeping the cost down of this awful foundation. ***TIP: if you live in Canada NEVER EVER buy this foundation at normal price. This foundation is on sale (literally) 2-3x's a month at SDM, Superstore or Walmart. ***

Cons:

1- Packaging: the glass bottle is nice and evenly weighted, but where is the pump???!! After using this for about a year my bottle is covered with foundation and the inside of the lid is mucked up with dried, gloopy foundation. Foundations that don't come with a pump/dispenser leave room for unhygienic sh*t to happen.

2- Formula: one of the juxtaposition of makeup is to pile that cr*p on without it looking cakey or looking too obvious. You won't get that with this foundation since it looks like you spackled your face with caulking. This foundation claims to be poreless but I swear that it made my pores look 3-4x's bigger; it highlighted dips and curves in my skin that i didn't even know I had. I would not recommend this for those with fine-lines, pores (not large pores...just pores), pick-marks, etc...so practically everyone.

3- Oxidization: my foundation shade oxidized to something slightly more orange that what I started with. Normally that wouldn't be a problem for most people but if you're like me and you have VERY yellow skin, it can make you look aged and like you don't know how to put M/U on...

4-Matte: This foundation is matte for about 2 hours until every oily gland on your face will simultaneously secrete oil onto your face. It looks horrible about 4 hours in....it somehow looks oily and dry at the same time. It severely breaks apart on the face and highlights every oily area plus every dry area.

Conclusion:

Terrible. There is one place where this foundation looks amazing...under high fluorescent lighting. So next time you're headed to Costco or going to your desk job, this will look great. The price tag of this foundation is tempting, but trust me to not buy this foundation. Be smarter than me...don't do it...don't buy this sh*t...

on 5/20/2016 9:08:00 AM

When I first tried this foundation, I found it went on really nice. I used primer and powder, but after an hour or so, it became patchy and dry. it just looked terrible. It might be different for other people- at least give it a chance. but in my opinion I did not like it.

This is good.