Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 12/10/2017 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is not pore-less whatsoever, in fact it exaggerates my pores. It looks dry and doesn't keep back the oils on my skin, it was also rather difficult to blend for some reason, even though it is quite runny, it seemed to grab and collect in places especially on my lower cheeks. I find that the lightest shade (the one I use) oxidises into an almost orangey-pinky tone. Overall I would not personally recommend this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Negatives:
I do not recommend this product if you have oily skin. It made my face very shiny, didn't dry matte nor hide my pores (hence the name of this product) and also caked up around my nose, chin and forehead. I also wish that there was a pump on the bottle as trying to get some out was messy.
Positives:
I am a fan of the lightweight and medium coverage which looks nice for everyday wear. I'm pretty pale and so far this is the only drugstore foundation where the lightest shade doesn't look too dark and orange for my skin tone. My skin is also fairly acne-prone and this foundation didn't break me out.

on 11/12/2017 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this foundation, given that it was reasonably priced (£7) and had a good colour range. I prefer medium to full coverage but this was more light to medium. After three layers applied with a beauty blender (on primed skin) I could still see pores/blemishes/scars. It did feel seamless on my skin, almost like I wasn't wearing anything. I have yellow undertones and a mix of olive and pale skinned thus I really struggled to find a match for my skin. I initially tried 110 & 115 but they were too pale, 120 however was too dark. After about 2 hours of wear, it started looking very patchy and a bit ashy, despite the fact I had set it with powder & spray. By 4 hours my skin looked cakey and started to feel oily. In the UK the packaging is in a plastic tube, it looks cheap and a bottle with a pump would be much better! Overall I was really disappointed in the product and wouldn't buy again!

on 11/9/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Emphasize pores and lines. Didn't keep my oily skin matte and separated almost immediately.

on 11/6/2017 7:13:00 PM

One of my all time favorite foundations! There’s such a wide variety of shade options and they have wonderful coverage that blends out like a dream! The only downside that I see to this is that it tends to oxidize with certain powders and turns an orangish, only with certain setting powders though I still haven’t completely figured out which ones.

on 11/5/2017 11:06:00 PM

Made my skin absolutely disgusting. I didn’t even notice how mad my pores were until this product emphasized them so much. I have combination skin and sometimes it’s dry sometimes it’s more oily. I threw out the entire bottle cause there was no way I could even make it work

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My excuse for always buying high end foundation was because drugstore brands never could give me what I wanted: full coverage, long lasting, and matches my very light neutral skin tone. That being said I do keep a bottle of whatever is on sale from the drugstore for those days where you're only running errands for an hour or two and don't want to waste your Estee Lauder. I continue to be impressed with Fit Me because it has medium-high coverage, very spreadable and I find it doesn't take much to cover my face and it actually stays on the WHOLE day. I start work at 5am which means I'm putting my makeup on at 3:30 and when I take it off at 7pm it still looks good. No patchiness, no fading, and no melting so I'm making this my go to foundation. My wallet is rejoicing that I'm going from $50 foundation to $5.

The only things I've noticed that aren't much of an issue to me, but could be for other people are :

1) Do not buy this if you have even the slightest dry skin. I almost never do but the super rare times I have a couple of dry patches this foundation clings to it and it looks horrible.

2) This oxidizes. The lightest shade porcelain/110 almost looks too light when I initially put it on (which is an accomplishment in it of itself since I'm so pale) but an hour or two later it looks like I have a slight tan. It doesn't look too unnatural on me so I personally don't mind and lord knows I need the color to look alive

on 10/23/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh. This was one of the last drugstore foundations for me to try with my super shiny/oily skin. I have melasma/discoloration mostly that needs evening out.

After buying 2 wrong shades (classic ivory - warm nude) that both oxidized too dark on me (I was able to test at home - middle of the day with natural daylight using a mirror by the window on my neck) - I had to go back and return those and buy 110 - Porcelain. Holy crap, I had no idea that I'd been buying too dark foundation! My face is naturally darker than my neck and with my melasma, using a matching foundation ended up making my face look much darker than my neck. I'd never, ever in my life think that a shade like Porcelain would work, but it did. It was a little light, but was the best match for my neck.

This didn't work for me. I tried applying with a damp sponge - nope. The foundation wouldn't even blend or budge. I went back to my ELF brush and it was fine. I found the foundation just sorta "sat" on top of my skin - to the point where if I took a baby wipe and wiped a mark off my face, it was like wiping powder off my face. Very odd. YET - after 3 hours - I was a GREASY MESS. Enough so that, when I blotted, I had to use TWO blotting sheets. For a foundation to only last 3 hours? No thank you. Matte and Poreless, not on my skin.

UGH.

on 10/18/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really lovely foundation.
I was hesitant to try at first as i had never had luck with Maybelline foundations.
This however has really nice coverage (I use a damp beauty blender) that wears evenly and well through the day (survived a busy 35 degree celsius work day today). I pair it with the NYX Shine Killer primer.
It offers medium coverage and is buildable if you need to.
The only flaw is there’s no pump (at least in Australia anyway) but for how cheap this foundation is I can get past that.
I didn’t find that it clung to any dry patches and isn’t broken down easily by facial oils (a quick blot will leave it looking as good as new!)

on 10/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first foundation. I have high hopes for this it as most people gave quite good reviews on it. But all it does is enhance my pore and looks cakey on my combination skin (I have already moisturised and prime my skin). I really hope I will like this product because now i will avoid buying drug store foundation because I'm scarred this will happen again :(