Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.3

on 10/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first foundation. I have high hopes for this it as most people gave quite good reviews on it. But all it does is enhance my pore and looks cakey on my combination skin (I have already moisturised and prime my skin). I really hope I will like this product because now i will avoid buying drug store foundation because I'm scarred this will happen again :(

on 10/7/2017 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation clings to dry spots and moves around too much - even with powder. This is my third bottle of the same color + formulation (matte), so I feel like they may have changed something about it. 😕

on 10/5/2017 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The good:
- 110 is a perfect match for my pale, yellow-ish skin - most of the drugstore foundations I've tried are way too pink for me
- blends easily with a beautyblender
- does not break me out
- manages to hide the redness around my nose and cheeks
- it's really affordable
The bad:
- it looks perfect at the beginning but 2-3 hours later my skin starts to produce extra oil because this thing is just too drying even for my oily skin
- after said 2-3 hours somehow I look like I have caked a ton of product on my skin (I only put one layer) and it's painfully obvious I have something on my face, which I hate.
I was going to give it 2 stars but I added one since, for this price, I guess it's not fair to expect much more than what you get.

on 9/9/2017 4:34:00 PM

All I have to say is this: I was finally rid of my cystic acne (after years of fighting it) and this foundation brought it all back.

It's not natural but it seems to work ok for me with some adjustments. It clings to dry spots, (I think some others mentioned this as well) which is weird because its supposed to give you a dewy look so the drying is strange to me, but anyways it covers nicely. Now, onto my "secret" ingredient, I use M&C Naturals Soothing Salve underneath it. (I'll review some of their products later) but I scoop a very small amount (size of a Q tip) in the palm of my hand and add the foundation and mix together.

The only other thing that bugs me about this foundation is that it didn't doesn't have a decent pour spout. It's just a wide open mouth bottle that the foundation just runs out and all down the side of the bottle. You seem to waste a lot of it, so thankfully, its not expensive.

Love this! Went over my skin beautifully, stayed on for a good long time. I did have to touch up with some blotting sheets after 4-5 hours, and it doesn't go over well on a few dry patches, but still pretty fantastic! I wish it came in paler shades since I'm super pale. I have to mix it with a paler concealer to get the right shade. Other than that, awesome!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This provides great coverage with just one layer. Another can be added for full coverage. I'm quite fair-skinned and found that there are many suitable shades in this range for someone with lighter skin. Deeper complexions may have more difficulty finding a shade match.This lasts all day without breaking down at all and keeps me matte despite my oily skin. Highly recommended and it's a great price to boot!

I think if they had a better colour range I would much prefer this foundation as it's just a struggle to match it to my skin tone and I definitely think it oxidises a bit. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish and has quite a good medium coverage, considering I've used half the bottle I'd say it's a pretty decent product.

on 8/12/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. but i mostly hate it.
I use this product mainly because it doesn't make me break out and i have acne-prone & sensitive skin. It separates and cakes up around my nose, chin, and under my eyes after about 8 hours. The coverage is light to medium, you can still see my acne and freckles when i have it on. It doesn't completely mattify, you do need a powder. It also oxidizes. I have super pale skin so this is an issue. I have very oily skin too, and it doesn't stay matte. I will have to powder my nose a couple hours after applying. This foundation just sucks.

on 7/31/2017 1:33:00 AM

I'm a former makeup artist who worked for Clinique for 13 years. I would have not been caught dead shopping in a drug store for makeup or skincare till my financial circumstances drastically changed. But this foundation is amazing. Right up there with Estee Lauder's Double wear , which is what I swore by as a makeup artist. Nice color range, I go from very fair to medium in the summer. They have also recently added additional colors. I also love the powder. I plan to try the concealer as well