Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

on 9/1/2017 9:05:00 AM

Love the color. Stays matte. But clings to dry patches like crazyyyy. Makes my skin look super dry because of that :(

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I travel a lot and do a lot of client interactions so I have to look amazing at all times. I normally wear my faithful Double Wear but I hate to burn through a 40 buck foundation. I was introduced to this product and have fallen in love. I was a bit nervous since it's drugstore but this really comes up there with those higher end products. I like that there are colors that match my melanin-enriched skin beautifully and the formula rocks. I use my MUFE matte primer and then put this on and set with MAC's MSF. Flawless and matte finish that as the day progresses will end up in a nice glowy-not grease ball finish. Def a win especially if it's on BOGO.

on 1/22/2017 12:18:00 AM

My views for an 8 hour day: I've used this product for a while now, about a year. I got it because it's for oily skin, and I had heard from beauty gurus it's "amazing". I wouldn't use the word amazing but I would say that it is a good product for the price. I have oily/combo skin. Mostly an oily T zone, and sometime dry cheeks (mostly in the winter). I do agree that it hangs onto dry patches, and that the foundation does separate from the oils and will just sit on the skin when I get oily during the day. I say about 4-5hours after application is when I would need to blot, which isn't really a deal breaker for me. Once I blot, I'm good to go. As far as wear, I'd say it's fair for the price. I do not really touch my face throughout the day, so for me it does pretty much last all day. However I feel like if you are someone who touches their face often, not picking sense, just a rest your checks on your hands kind of thing, it probably would not last all day, just because there are the rare days that I do touch my face, and by the end of the day my chin area has no make up. This product does not make me break out, but I do not have acne prone skin. Coverage wise, I would say light-medium. I do get red cheeks, my skin is sensitive. Allergies, sleeping too hard, even just washing my face can turn my cheeks red and irritated looking at times, and this does cover up the redness very well, and it does cover up my blemishes well to (when I do get them). It can be built up to a medium coverage. It does not cover my dark circles as much as I would prefer, but for a daily look it does okay. Used daily, one bottle will last me about a month, so I do enjoy that. When applied it does not dry quickly, so there is no worry for that. I hate the packaging. In the store I usually pick one from the middle because there is no seal, no wrapper, it's a twist off cap that anyone can open and use at any time in the store. I hate the cap, I wish it had a pump. I use a BB and or a kabuki brush to apply. I do not get steak marks if I use the brush. I don't normally use the BB because I do feel like the product is a little thin and get absorbed into the BB too much. 8/10 I use the brush, and I don't have any issues with it. I set with a translucent powder, and I do not have any problems with this settling into my under eye area or settling into my pores. OVERALL: I would buy this product again but mostly because there just aren't any good foundations for oily skin that are reasonable priced, good wear, and good coverage.

I like this foundation, it holds up in the spring time, (I know it's summer right now, bc I haven't tried it this season) it slightly accentuates dry patches so I use this where I'm oily and the dewy one where I'm dry. this has an excellent range of shades so you should be able to find one that matches you I wish that there was a pump, bc I feel it's difficult to pour out the right amount.

I've always considered Maybelline to be right at the center of the drugstore-makeup hierarchy. L'Oreal and Revlon obviously top off everyone (Although maybe Milani is starting to enter this group...?), Maybelline is right in the middle, and then we have Covergirl/Rimmel/Almay. So when Maybelline launched their Fit Me foundation in a new matte formula, oil-skin gals like myself did a little dance to our nearest drugstore (like the end of Footloose..). Unfortunately this $6.99 (CAD) spiralled me into a love-hate relationship. After my last romantic encounter I promised myself that I would never be in another masochistic, love-hate relationship in my life....clearly that was a lie. After celebrating a year with this foundation (some people are cringing..i know) I need to convince myself that this is a horrible foundation....:

****A little bit about me: NC20-25/C3 skintone, VERY yellow, acne-prone, oily with dry patches (i'm a dermatological mess..i know), 23y/o, tested this in -40 celcius weather and +30 (same results).****

Pros:

1- Colour: It Fits Me!! I have this in the colour 220 which is a light to medium foundation with a light yellow undertone. Unfortunately this still wasn't quite yellow enough for me but to be honest I constantly look jaundiced...i look like my liver has failed me at the age of 23.

2- Price: I bought this at SDM for $6.99 CAD which is unheard of. Honestly, with the dollar as low as it is and shopping at SDM (which is a more expensive drugstore in Canada) you would expect this foundation to be $12. Bravo to Maybelline for keeping the cost down of this awful foundation. ***TIP: if you live in Canada NEVER EVER buy this foundation at normal price. This foundation is on sale (literally) 2-3x's a month at SDM, Superstore or Walmart. ***

Cons:

1- Packaging: the glass bottle is nice and evenly weighted, but where is the pump???!! After using this for about a year my bottle is covered with foundation and the inside of the lid is mucked up with dried, gloopy foundation. Foundations that don't come with a pump/dispenser leave room for unhygienic sh*t to happen.

2- Formula: one of the juxtaposition of makeup is to pile that cr*p on without it looking cakey or looking too obvious. You won't get that with this foundation since it looks like you spackled your face with caulking. This foundation claims to be poreless but I swear that it made my pores look 3-4x's bigger; it highlighted dips and curves in my skin that i didn't even know I had. I would not recommend this for those with fine-lines, pores (not large pores...just pores), pick-marks, etc...so practically everyone.

3- Oxidization: my foundation shade oxidized to something slightly more orange that what I started with. Normally that wouldn't be a problem for most people but if you're like me and you have VERY yellow skin, it can make you look aged and like you don't know how to put M/U on...

4-Matte: This foundation is matte for about 2 hours until every oily gland on your face will simultaneously secrete oil onto your face. It looks horrible about 4 hours in....it somehow looks oily and dry at the same time. It severely breaks apart on the face and highlights every oily area plus every dry area.

Conclusion:

Terrible. There is one place where this foundation looks amazing...under high fluorescent lighting. So next time you're headed to Costco or going to your desk job, this will look great. The price tag of this foundation is tempting, but trust me to not buy this foundation. Be smarter than me...don't do it...don't buy this sh*t...

on 5/20/2016 9:08:00 AM

When I first tried this foundation, I found it went on really nice. I used primer and powder, but after an hour or so, it became patchy and dry. it just looked terrible. It might be different for other people- at least give it a chance. but in my opinion I did not like it.

This is good.

I bought both this and the dewy version, I have combination dry skin so I like to use this on my t-zone and the other on my cheeks and it looks pretty good together. in the summer time I think I will use this by itself and not both at the same time. for me it can look a little flat so I add a drop of argan oil to this and it will make my skin look glowing. on my more oily days, this can last about 5 hours or so before I need to blot they should really repackage this to have a pump :(

This foundation works as well as the high priced ones at Macy's makeup counters...Better than most. ..I have had my fair share with Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc. This work's better than all. Some foundations are too thick or thin. Thick ones make you look like a clown; thin ones need many layers to achieve coverage ---wastep of money and time. This Fit foundation from Maybelline is everything a good foundation needs. Flawless smooth coverage, soaks up oil, spf, stay on for the whole day...If you realize it doesn't stay fit after the 9th hour of wear...you should reconsider your skin type. Oily skin may need a primer to soak up excess oil before applying the foundation...and touch up throughout the day...etc..And no foundation would stay on nicely after 9 hours of wear. The ones that are may not be healthy for your skin.

on 2/7/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I heard so many good things about this foundation and I really wanted it to work but for my skintone it just did not. I'm not sure if I was applying it badly (I used a tarte airbuki and beauty blender). Each morning it would look amazing but when I would get back from school it would be oxidized into a orange color and very patchy around my face. I'm going to give this foundation another try because I feel my skin was very dry at the time,but I was using a very good primer so I doubt this had anything to do with the way the foundation was turning out. Overall for me this foundation just did not work