Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 1/16/2019 7:46:00 AM

As a MAC foundation lover I was told that I may like this foundation as well. After doing some online research I thought NC25 for MAC would match 128, but when I was in the drugstore 128 didn't match my skin tone, 122 was way better. After wearing this foundation for 2 days, I can tell you that the rave reviews for this foundation are right. It sits on the skin nicely and gives a matte finish. Even though this is advertised as being suitable for oily skin, this works very well on my dry skin. No dry patches here. The only downside is that in my country they still only have the option for the tube, while I would prefer a pump. All in all i'm so impressed with this foundation, it works just as well as my MAC foundation which is 3 times more expensive. I even got the impression that my fine wrinkles were smoothed over more with the Fit me foundation, and that i looked younger wearing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Saw a lot of people raving about this foundation, so I went ahead and bought it. Sadly I was disappointed.

Shade-wise I have no issues with this foundation, and the price is good as well, but it did not deliver the results I thought it would.

I am pretty oily, and especially so in my T-zone. For that reason I always wear primer (Benefit Porefessional), set with powder (RCMA No Color Powder and Rimmel Stay Matte), and use setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter). With my holy grail, Estée Lauder Double Wear, that usually works, but this one still faded after about 4, maybe 5 hours of wear, especially around my nose.

on 1/12/2019 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The main problem with the drugstore foundations is no longer the quality, it is the shade selection. Yellow range is too yellow. Cool tones are way too orange. Not that the high ends have mastered it but at the least, a few high end brands figure out that all shades should have some neutral characteristics to look natural. I used this long time ago but in a different shade and didn’t care for it at all. Since then, I have found out that Maybelline is the only company which has figured out my exact skin color. MAC NC30 is close but not exact. I am not as yellow. The shade 128 is the exact match and then the product itself is light weight and watery just the way I like it. If I want to have more coverage, I use the Superstay full coverage version but this product is buildable to the extent that my Superstay is collecting dust right now. The formulas are very different but thanks God that the shades in one number do not vary from one product to another. Maybelline is owned by L’Oréal so this is almost like True Match except with better shades. The quality is great. It doesn’t oxidize either. No skin issues at all. In fact when I wash my face, I can see that my skin is hydrated and soft so it passes my high standard as well. Overall, this has become the most favorite product in my makeup drawer and I highly recommend it.

I have very oily skin and heard this is good for my skin type. It’s very hard for me to find a good foundation that lasts or that doesn’t get greasy. I heard so many good things. Bottomline, it didn’t work out. I hate it. It made my face feel soooooo dry but yet all my oils still came through. I moisturized and primed and gave it a fair chance. Just awful. Felt like every drop of moisture was sucked from my face yet I was still oily as ever. Ugh

on 12/29/2018 12:57:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this foundation. I really like how weightless it feels on my skin. It does help to keep my skin matte but I also use the Fit Me Finishing Powder over it so it's probably a combination of the two. It has a somewhat watery consistency compared to other foundations which I don't mind but I would rather it was packaged in a tube because of that. I understand the allure of the glass bottle though ;). For me, it gives medium coverage but I don't look for my foundations to be full coverage. My concealer is what I need to be heavy duty. I just want my foundation to help me stay matte and help even out my skin tone and this does this for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I go back and forth with foundation. Preference changes with the seasons! :)
I have experimented with Fit me a lot, becuase the price is right and the description is what I am looking for, matte and poreless!
I have tried 5 different tones and seems 112 is the best for me, that being said, how well it 'works' for me depends greatly on how I apply it.
heres the best process I have found through trial and error to get a light, even matte look out of this product:
I mix it 50/50 with L'OréalVisible Lift Radiance Booster Makeup Primer
apply by patting it on with either my fingers or a beauty blender. sometimes i take a tiny bit more of the foundation only and pat it on my undereyes as well.
set with Coty Air Spun or an hd powder.
this gives me a pretty natural look similar to the light, even tone I get from MUFE HD foundation, at a much cheaper price.
I learned that if I use this without mixing it with a primer or face moisturizer it just looks flat, heavy and chalky on me. Mixing it with the primer is the secret to making it look like high end foundation, for me.
The bottle is glass and the cap is plastic, after a few uses the thread on the bottle where the cap screws on is completely caked with product and its hopelessly messy, but for something that works pretty well and is so inexpensive I can overlook the bad packaging.

on 12/26/2018 7:09:00 PM

This is my go too foundation, as I am on a budget. I used to have extremely oily skin, but recently it has become more dry, and I have noticed it grabbing on to dry skin. Not the best look, but I can’t blame the product for it being bad for my skin type. My biggest pet peeve is the packaging, as it is hard to control the amount of product you get. Price is great, has good coverage.

on 12/5/2018 7:13:00 PM

I've bought this few times already in both the dewy and the matte finish. The dewy finish becomes too oily later in the day even on my dry skin but the matte formula is very good for everyday wear (and cheap!). I won't be reaching for expensive foundations after I discovered this. Don't even need to set with powder as it lasts a fairly long time. Medium coverage foundation that is buildable.

on 12/2/2018 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in 220, Natural Beige. I ordered it online and just took a guess on color based on swatches online. The match was very good. It was so cheap that I expected to hate it and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't.. It does oxidize a little but not enough to make much of a difference. I do not like matte foundations at all and usually find they accentuate every pore and fine line, but this does not. I do not consider this a true matte. Coverage is medium to light. I also got a bottle in 228 soft tan and it is a little better match, less pink in it.
It like that it has no offensive fragrance. I can apply with my fingers if I am in a hurry or with a beauty blender for lighter coverage. I tried it with a brush and it is more matte and has heavier coverage and I didn't like it as much, it didn't look as natural and I am all about foundation not looking like foundation.
My pores disappear, it never settles in fine lines and it lasts all day and into the night. I LOVE that it does not have sunscreen. I am so tired of all the SPF in foundations, it is not really enough to do much anyway. If you want SPF apply it before foundation. Most foundations irritations ton my skin were caused by the sunscreen. My skin is very sensitive to sunscreens and I am not into the hysteria. I don't think I need sunscreen on days when I am not in the full sun a lot or at all.
So, this was an impulse purchase when I was ordering a basket of food on Amazon Prime and it popped up and I am glad it did. Is it my favorite now? No, but for the price it's pretty darn good.
Now for for the bad part. I hate the bottle. The foundation is pretty runny and you do need to shake it well before using it. If you pour it on the back of your hand to apply, it can run off and I do not like to use fingers on the top of the bottle, so I usually dip a q-tip in and put dots on my face or just pour it right onto the beauty blender but this needs a pump. I would gladly pay 1-2.00 more for a pump.
The Fit Me Dewy and Smooth and Illuminating have SPF so I may or may not try those.

I have love and hate on this product. Sometimes it's good on my skin sometimes it gets oxidized. I used primer now to prevent it from oxidation though sometimes even I have primer it still get orange or grayish look. Just found out it depends on the weather or where I stay at most. It will be more better if I stay indoor than outdoor. So after this bottle I'm still thinking if I'm going to repurchase this foundation. I don't like the packing too.